Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Fact:

There are some VSTs in the Roland-Shop "to buy"... but they are old versions. (bad on CPU etc.)
(the cloud has newer versions)

I think, that the bought ones should appear in the cloud-app as "owned synth", to have an easy install and update of all Roland vst.

ATM people who buy/bought some synths in the shop get/got "pranked" by Roland.

W..T..F..
- WonderEcho -

I cannot log in or anything at the moment. I have tried for two months to get into Roland Cloud.

Klinke1 wrote:There are some VSTs in the Roland-Shop "to buy"... but they are old versions. (bad on CPU etc.)
(the cloud has newer versions)
Huh... I didn't even know there was a Roland-Shop, still less you could buy VSTs on it. Has this always been there and I've not been paying attention?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Late to the party, but the cloud version of the old plugins use less cpu now?

noiseboyuk wrote:Huh... I didn't even know there was a Roland-Shop, still less you could buy VSTs on it. Has this always been there and I've not been paying attention?
Yes, since the initial release of the System-1 and the first batch of plugins/plugouts...

noiseboyuk wrote: Huh... I didn't even know there was a Roland-Shop, still less you could buy VSTs on it. Has this always been there and I've not been paying attention?
..ehrm..yes.

----
They were even on sale at end of last year. (owning a system1 or 8 will also reduce vst-prices)
They may close the shop soon.. (to piss u off)
-
These vst should/must appear in the cloud app ..for easy update and install ..
- WonderEcho -

Aliens wrote:Late to the party, but the cloud version of the old plugins use less cpu now?
Substantially less, on my system I would say its 200% better
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Aliens wrote:Late to the party, but the cloud version of the old plugins use less cpu now?
I dunno exactly which VSTs profited the most... but the cloud-stuff was updated and a bit "optimized".
The Shop-versions are all "pre" performance optimizations.
- WonderEcho -

Optimized my ass. VST3 and AU GUI issues, plugins will load in a different sample rate than host are a start of the major problems with these plugins. They sound fantastic but are fantastically unreliable!! To the point that they almost are a joke. Roland needs to fix this ASAP.

Klinke1 wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote: Huh... I didn't even know there was a Roland-Shop, still less you could buy VSTs on it. Has this always been there and I've not been paying attention?
..ehrm..yes.

----
They were even on sale at end of last year. (owning a system1 or 8 will also reduce vst-prices)
They may close the shop soon.. (to piss u off)
-
These vst should/must appear in the cloud app ..for easy update and install ..
Is this it? https://www.roland.com/us/categories/pr ... e_plugins/

Just seems to be plug outs, IOS and one Sound Canvas VA, so I guess at least I haven't missed much on the VST front.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

fmr wrote:
Ingonator wrote:This is a picture of the main board in System-8 with the 3 BMC chips and 3 memory chips...

I never said it was meant to run Windows. I said it is a computer, which I guess noone can dispute. Sure, nowadays, our refrigerator, our hoaven, our laundry machine, our microwave, all have small one-purpose computers built-in. We may not think about them as computers, but that doesn't change what they are.

And our smartphones, or the GPS, or the "computer" in some cars, what are they? Yet, we can't run Windows on them either (well, we can, in some smartphones :hihi:)
OT
An interesting read on the subject of what is and what isn't a computer and the embedded processor in 'everything' wave:

The Inmates are Running the Asylum Why high tech products drive us crazy and how to restore the sanity by Alan Cooper. A great read.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

(re-posted down thread)
Last edited by Blackbelt Jones on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roland makes great synths and their vsts are pretty good but they really have bade customer service and do not seem to support their virtual synths unfortunately

Jonathan10 wrote:Roland makes great synths and their vsts are pretty good but they really have bade customer service and do not seem to support their virtual synths unfortunately
I disagree. I had an issue and I didn’t even contact support and someone from Roland contacted me to offer assistance. They were great.

Still, I’m bummed that I bought the System 100 plugin and I’m finding out that the Cloud version is newer and better on CPU. Is that true? That’s bad form.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Jonathan10 wrote:Roland makes great synths and their vsts are pretty good but they really have bade customer service and do not seem to support their virtual synths unfortunately
I disagree. I had an issue and I didn’t even contact support and someone from Roland contacted me to offer assistance. They were great.

Still, I’m bummed that I bought the System 100 plugin and I’m finding out that the Cloud version is newer and better on CPU. Is that true? That’s bad form.
I emailed support to ask about this and this is the reply that I got:
"The 12 months of subscription would also give you access to all the other Roland Cloud instruments. However, if you're not interested in any of those and just want the SH-101, then the choice is between the updated Roland Cloud version at $215 (for the yearly discount) or the older version on the Roland Content Store for $150.

The GUI issues are on our request list, but I can't say when or if they might be implemented. Any news of such an update would be posted in the News section of the Roland Cloud website."

Given that this was not a very clear answer, I answered back:
"So it’s true then that when you buy the 101 from the Roland store that you will never get another update, even though the plugin has been updated? The version that is for sale has even worse issues like that the GUI steals keyboard commands and the CPU is higher.

If this is truly the case (as I’ve heard other people complain about but didn’t believe it) this is pretty shocking. Please forward this feedback on to where it’s appropriate. I don’t think I would buy something from a company that sold a product to customers and then developed that product further only under a subscription and denied the updates to those who had paid for it already. How can you sell an “old” version of the same product to people as if it’s current? A lot of people are understandably angered by this on music forums. "

Their answer was:
"No, the Content Store version hasn't been updated as of yet, and the status of any subsequent updates has yet to be announced. The product team is aware of the interest in the standalone plug-in, and I've made note of your concerns.

In the meantime, the version available via the Roland Cloud has been updated, and the subscription includes access to an ever-increasing number of other instruments."

Don't you love how they are informing me that the cloud version has been updated when my original question was about why the cloud version has been updated but the Roland store version hasn't? So I don't know. I can't understand why they would provide the newer version to people that own it. I would encourage people to write in to support to complain. That should at least bring it to their attention more.

Return to “Instruments”