VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Well it is 2 possible ways....

1. They shit on the prepaid customers
2. Prepaid customers arent that much to care about and possible loose
3. Enough prepaid customers accept it and pay again cause they accept rhe cloud additions

It is all marketing and how companies work if people support their manners. Nothing changed in history
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
I emailed support to ask about this
Can you post the way you contacted them, perhaps we can all contact them and complain en masse. This forum is great for complaining, just maybe we can also do so to them directly. I'm willing to tell them I won't subscribe until they clear this mess up.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
Can you post the way you contacted them, perhaps we can all contact them and complain en masse. This forum is great for complaining, just maybe we can also do so to them directly. I'm willing to tell them I won't subscribe until they clear this mess up.
I used the Roland Cloud contact page:
https://www.rolandcloud.com/contact-us

Thanks, I left this message:

I understand that you do not give users who have purchased the individual Roland instrument plugins on your online store the latest plugins of the same instrument available in your Cloud service. I find this extremely distasteful. I haven't purchased any plugins myself, but I refuse to subscribe to your Cloud service until I know that you have done right by your past customers and allow them the Cloud versions of the synths they have paid for already. Please let me know when this has been resolved in favor of your paying customers. My first Roland synth was an SH-101 in 1983, please don't lose me as a customer over something so easy to resolve on your end. Please do the right thing here and change your policy.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I was really lucky that I could sell my XP-50 after the JV-1080 plugin was released on Roland Cloud. I am convinced that they will iron out the GUI and CPU related issues in the future.

Do you know if:
- The JV cards are going to be added in the Anthology Series, or as part of the JV-1080 update?
- There was any hints by Roland on their future plans?

Klinke1 wrote:
Aliens wrote:Late to the party, but the cloud version of the old plugins use less cpu now?
I dunno exactly which VSTs profited the most... but the cloud-stuff was updated and a bit "optimized".
The Shop-versions are all "pre" performance optimizations.
SLiC wrote:
Aliens wrote:Late to the party, but the cloud version of the old plugins use less cpu now?
Substantially less, on my system I would say its 200% better
Thanks for the info. :tu:

braj wrote:
Some pages back there was a post where Roland was quoted as saying that they planned to do 'something special' WRT the Cloud for System1/8/.plug out owners.... they are aware of the issue(s), maybe we will get some news from NAMM this week.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
braj wrote:
Some pages back there was a post where Roland was quoted as saying that they planned to do 'something special' WRT the Cloud for System1/8/.plug out owners.... they are aware of the issue(s), maybe we will get some news from NAMM this week.
It really doesn't hurt to let them know that people are displeased about the plugin/cloud discrepancies.

Ya, and what does "something special" even mean? That doesn't help me decide if I can buy the 101 and actually get the newest version. The existing version is annoying. Keys are stolen completely when the plugin GUI is in focus, whereas the new one doesn't have that problem. Also they are going to have to fix this irritating circular knob mouse control. These are issues that most VSTs got past 15 years ago. People need to know that if they buy a plugout that it will be updated. "Something special" might be some discount offer on the cloud or something, which woul dnot be good enough. If someone bought a plugin, they should not be stuck with an old one with terrible issues, and be forced to subscribe to something to get an update when they already paid full price to own something. It's the 101 that I really want. It sounds incredible and really has the magic of the hardware, which no other plugin quite has. I'd maybe do the cloud for a couple years to get the jupiter and juno. Although the chorus is so damn noisy on the juno, I'd maybe go for the TAL juno instead and just get the Roland Cloud Jupiter (and buy the 101 outright if I can).

And "something special" sounds unnecessarily coy/mysterious for what is a straightforward situation - if I have already paid for a plugin and then the developer introduces a new ownership model, it doesn't change the fact that I own the plugin.
I recall sending them a message a while back regarding this and from memory, I was given the worst possible response - the classic "oh that's <insert department name> so you will have to speak to them/we are separate businesses".
After listening to that gorgeous Juno emulation, it was going to take a lot for me to say no to subscribing, yet somehow they managed it. I am guessing these issues are originating in one of Roland's o/s subsidiaries because I have never experienced a Japanese business taking such an approach.

I think you are forgetting something: Roland and Roland Cloud are NOT the same company. Roland Cloud is a joint-venture between Roland and Virtual Sonics.

When you buy a piece of software, you buy it "as is", without any implied warranty that it will be further developed or that future versions will be free to the user. Roland Cloud may as well have launched a version labeled 2.0 and charge whatever to existing users. And remember you bought from Roland, not Roland/Virtual Sonics.

It's like Roland sold the software they previously had to the new company. From the point of view of users, it sucks, I agree, but the new company is entitled to offer users any kind of "upgrade" offer they think is suitable. If the only way they are carrying sales is "subscription" you will likely be offered some special subscription conditions, and that's it.

I am playing the role of devils advocate here :neutral:
Fernando (FMR)

The Arp hold button doesn't work at all in the vst versions either :/
I have complained about this a while back and nothing has happened yet over a year later.
I also complained about my owned products that isn't updated and the responce i got was that the updates where only to move them over to the Cloud protection scheme and compability with the System 8.

They told me if there are other changes to the plugins the roland content store will also get them :)

fmr wrote:I think you are forgetting something: Roland and Roland Cloud are NOT the same company. Roland Cloud is a joint-venture between Roland and Virtual Sonics.

When you buy a piece of software, you buy it "as is", without any implied warranty that it will be further developed or that future versions will be free to the user. Roland Cloud may as well have launched a version labeled 2.0 and charge whatever to existing users. And remember you bought from Roland, not Roland/Virtual Sonics.

It's like Roland sold the software they previously had to the new company. From the point of view of users, it sucks, I agree, but the new company is entitled to offer users any kind of "upgrade" offer they think is suitable. If the only way they are carrying sales is "subscription" you will likely be offered some special subscription conditions, and that's it.

I am playing the role of devils advocate here :neutral:
Sure, but the argument isn't about what's legal or what the company has a "right" to do. It is what is decent and reasonable service to customers. I haven't bought anything from them yet. And I would not if they do this kind of crap, which I expressed to them, and which is how most people feel. So it's more a matter of whether Roland wants to be jerks and lose business or not, and less about what they have a legal obligation to do or not do.

davidka wrote:Do you know if:
- The JV cards are going to be added in the Anthology Series, or as part of the JV-1080 update?
- There was any hints by Roland on their future plans?
I do hope they release those expansions boards for the JV too.

Someone asked them on their Facebook if they were going to release expansion boards and Roland Cloud responded with this message :
Roland Cloud wrote:We don't comment on unreleased products, but the boards are on our request list.
So they are listening at least.

About their future plans, we know that there will be a JD-800 VST at some point. Other emulations are planned too I'm sure.

Question for Roland Cloud Juno / Jupiter users: is the mouse the only way to change presets? They don't respond to midi Bank/Program change messages from hardware, their preset "Inc / Dec" buttons don't have a Midi learn option, and the native Roland preset file format isn't recognized by my DAWs (Studio One 3 and MPC Software 2.0).

Mouse clicking the "Inc / Dec" buttons on the VST GUI seems to be the only way to change presets. Am I missing something?

Return to “Instruments”