Tranzistow/Diodow

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Shame that it'll never reach the masses.
I actually wish that it doesn't :)

Wow, those GUI's give the word awful a completely new dimension :hihi:
Even if there were a good synth engine under the ugly hood, who wants to eat a pizza that is disguised as dog poop? 8)

EvilDragon wrote:
You're right, these people don't deserve such a gem.

wagtunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
This, from the person that killed ArcSyn with his constant bitching and whining about its imperfect GUI! Unbelievable!

Interesting. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

SciFiArtMan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
This, from the person that killed ArcSyn with his constant bitching and whining about its imperfect GUI! Unbelievable!
The green on black is very easy to read and the GUI is more than large enough. ArcSyn had text and color contrast problems that made it extremely difficult for me to read. It wasn't until somebody here made an alternate GUI that I purchased it because that one was excellent.

Yes, if a GUI is hard for me to work with, I'll complain about it.

These synths are NOT hard for me to work with.

That's the difference.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, those GUI's give the word awful a completely new dimension :hihi:
Even if there were a good synth engine under the ugly hood, who wants to eat a pizza that is disguised as dog poop? 8)
Stop pooping on pizzas. :hihi:
<List your stupid gear here>

and the ui is rezisable

Wow, my eyes are bleeding as much as if I was looking to a piece of Cobol (luckily I only look at screenshots of Cobol, and also not that often).

I think that green on black is kinda readable but fatiguing, while the blue on black of the sliders is not readable and really fatiguing.
Actually, I played around with similar colour combinations (I didn't bother to pick the exact colours from the image, it doesn't really matter in this context) with a colour contrast check tool and they didn't perform well, especially the black on blue (so there are some evidences supporting my opinion).

More power to you if you manage to work with a gui like that, I really couldn't.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

sin night wrote:Wow, my eyes are bleeding as much as if I was looking to a piece of Cobol (luckily I only look at screenshots of Cobol, and also not that often).

I think that green on black is kinda readable but fatiguing, while the blue on black of the sliders is not readable and really fatiguing.
Actually, I played around with similar colour combinations (I didn't bother to pick the exact colours from the image, it doesn't really matter in this context) with a colour contrast check tool and they didn't perform well, especially the black on blue (so there are some evidences supporting my opinion).

More power to you if you manage to work with a gui like that, I really couldn't.
I guess it comes down to what you're used to. I can certainly understand people hating the look of this thing. It doesn't resemble anything of this era that I can think of.

I suppose it's not skinnable? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

These plugins are Melda's evil DOS twin. :ud:

wagtunes wrote:
sin night wrote:[...]
I guess it comes down to what you're used to. I can certainly understand people hating the look of this thing. It doesn't resemble anything of this era that I can think of.
I think the dev wanted a vintage-computer looking gui (and I'm fine with it), I understand its nostalgic appeal to some people (a gui like that is quite unique these days, it's really "hardcore"); however there are a lot of scientific studies on usability that strongly suggest to avoid a gui like that. Colours are the first and most obvious element target for criticizing those user interfaces.

I'm fine with the idea of an artist making a retro looking interface, but then it has to satisfy usability criterias if it's going to be a usable product and not just an art concept.

It's just a technical consideration...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

i think, it's not a "product",
the dev made it for his own use and made it for touchscreen,
behind the ui, this synth have a lot of interesting concept and technologie,
watch is additive engine running on gpu.
for me, the guy behind tranzistow, Hrast programmer is a really a great programmer, and he have his own vision, like melda and Gol, i respect that !
but it's not for everybody...

These might be very interesting for the One Synth Challenge at some point. Maybe even in the near future. Especially Diodow, as the free version is fully functional. The added incentive of "do this many patches and receive a full version of Tranzistow" might interest at least some of the more hardcore synthesist OSC participants :)

Return to “Instruments”