Is EastWest Choirs the only that can sing any words?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Latency is usually related to the DAW's buffer size (actually it's the soundcard's).

When you're composing/recording it's always a matter of finding the sweet spot between the lowest buffer size (low latency) and a not too high CPU usage which could cause sound artifacts and cracklings.

When you're mixing/mastering, you set the buffer size higher since latency is not an issue and the CPU is allowed to handle more stuff.

progtronic wrote:
Bombadil wrote: I would find a decent amateur choir who would do it, if not for free, then for a nominal sum. Then you can get it the way you want.
Yeah. Just walk into a practice session, offer them some donuts, give them some quick instruction.. and record them with a phone app.

No need for a proper studio/stage/hall, mic's, mixer, computer, software, engineer, other various recording hardware like; cables, headphone mixers and headphones for everyone.. food cart, breaks between multiple takes, choir instructor/conductor, animal sacrifice.. etc.

Did I say animal sacrifice?! I meant human... :P

Or, you know.. you could just buy into a sample library that did all that stuff for you already, at a fraction of the price. 8)

*runs away*
Yet, no machine can compete with the real deal.

My wife sings in 2 choirs. If we wanted a choir, we'd have one. We also have a concert cellist living in our building complex, and she told us she'd be happy to play on any of our recordings in exchange for recording her when she needs it. So, rather than try to word build with phonemes, etc, this is much easier for me. Get out of your Bat-Caves, and go meet people, ffs! :idea:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

wagtunes wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Eduardo Torilente does a couple of nice programs, but they are limited.

I would find a decent amateur choir who would do it, if not for free, then for a nominal sum. Then you can get it the way you want.
Somebody already beat me to it with how laughable this is due to all the logistics involved.

I love how people are so quick with their "Just hire somebody" like it's a piece of cake. LMAO.

Try it sometime. You're in for a real shock.
I have my personal boy's choir at my service, for situations like that. They happily reside in my basement.

Bombadil wrote:
progtronic wrote:
Bombadil wrote: I would find a decent amateur choir who would do it, if not for free, then for a nominal sum. Then you can get it the way you want.
Yeah. Just walk into a practice session, offer them some donuts, give them some quick instruction.. and record them with a phone app.

No need for a proper studio/stage/hall, mic's, mixer, computer, software, engineer, other various recording hardware like; cables, headphone mixers and headphones for everyone.. food cart, breaks between multiple takes, choir instructor/conductor, animal sacrifice.. etc.

Or, you know.. you could just buy into a sample library that did all that stuff for you already, at a fraction of the price. 8)

*runs away*

My wife sings in 2 choirs. If we wanted a choir, we'd have one. We also have a concert cellist living in our building complex, and she told us she'd be happy to play on any of our recordings in exchange for recording her when she needs it. So, rather than try to word build with phonemes, etc, this is much easier for me. Get out of your Bat-Caves, and go meet people, ffs! :idea:
It's not a question of going out and meeting people, ffs. It's a question of having the right equipment, acoustics, etc. Not everybody has the necessary things to pull this off let alone the funds to get them. I do sing in a choir, thank you. Want to hear how lousy they record with what's available at our church?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY5dJcP4Tgg

So please, spare me your "go out and meet people".

That isn't all there is to it.

I would guess knowing a choir member rather than an entire choir - which is already rare for most people, even with big social circles - would be about 10% of the work of getting a great choir sound in a musical track, the remaining 90% being the recording process (proper gear and professional recording engineering knowledge) and mixing skills, as already stated by others.

Niowiad wrote:I would guess knowing a choir member rather than an entire choir - which is already rare for most people, even with big social circles - would be about 10% of the work of getting a great choir sound in a musical track, the remaining 90% being the recording process (proper gear and professional recording engineering knowledge) and mixing skills, as already stated by others.
Yeah, that's all. Just 90%, which most of us don't have.

This place cracks me up. LOL.

Lol, I discovered what caused the huge latency. It was the client downloading another instrument from the cloud in the background. Now it is back to normal.

Speaking of normal. I don't think it would count as normal to travel to Rome or Philadelphia, jump into a rehearsal and ask them to just sing a few phrases off the bat that I need for my holiday jam piece. Would not surprice me if they asylum to have that fool commited. No thank you - won't do that. Besides. Having a digital choir is a means to sketch and test out ideas for me. And when I think "hmm, wonder how that would sound with "Oh, joy of the ..." instead of "aaaaahhh" atleast I got a shot at it even though a fiddly one.

Bombadil wrote:
progtronic wrote:

*runs away*

Everything you need is in your building ffs :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

GearNostalgia wrote:So you are basicly saying that buying libraries from EW is not worth it now with the cloud deal? Maybe it is time to try cloud...
Pretty much. I own a lot of the EW products already so for me to get cloud for the price they are asking is silly. Yes, it would give me another license to use for my slave but I really don't need them.

Bombadil wrote:
progtronic wrote:

:lol:

I wish I could say this takes the cake for completely missing the point, but today has been just that kind of day, and no.

Or hey, you could be a billionaire and nobody knows it. :shrug:

No, I make music I deeply care about and I create the performances exactly to my very high spec using a machine. There are many other people that do this too. It's really a fantastically rich way of life. It's only available to people who are a bit cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs in this particular fashion and to those who believe these things might be possible. And it does mean some readiness to remain in solitude I suppose.

Also, just a heads-up, this right here is a virtual instruments plugins forum. Telling someone to get a life is off-topic.

jancivil wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
progtronic wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Also, just a heads-up, this right here is a virtual instruments plugins forum. Telling someone to get a life is off-topic.
Is there a thread and place to discuss this in the forum? It might be a fun thing to do, but not here.

The Dominus demos sound fantastic, the scripting seems very well thought out. If I needed a virtual choir, I would buy it in an instant.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The Dominus demos sound fantastic, the scripting seems very well thought out. If I needed a virtual choir, I would buy it in an instant.
Yes, I really like it too. The sad part of it is that it needs the full Kontakt so if you don't have that (like me) it is a huge step in costs.

if u want Backing and not Classical Music choir i'd suggest Realivox "the ladies" instead of East west Symphonic/hollywood Choirs

and its indeed for For classical i would suggest getting East west composer Cloud thing
instead of blindly buying Symphonic/hollywood choirs

I was really disapointed with wordbuilder in Symphonic Choirs.
it takes alot of work arounds for it to sing what u want in a intelligible way

just typing in english isn't gonna work
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

This is not a vst, or a sample set, but Myriad Online's Harmony Assistant (a notation package) has a module called Virtual Singer that allows one to sing lyrics.
The voices are synthesized, so they sound synthesized, so there is that.
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/product ... singer.htm
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/harmony.htm
I used to use this with Trevor Magnusson's 32-bit Clone Ensemble (http://www.cloneensemble.com) and some convolution to achieve a choir-like effect. The advantage was that there was less fiddling than with symphonic choirs, and so I could use it to model some things with less resource before committing the time to ewsc.

Virsyn also has a singing module (Cantor: http://www.virsyn.de/en/E_Products/E_CA ... antor.html) that also synthesized phonemes with lots of parameters to tweak, which is more complex than pretty much all that of the above mentioned, but wow. Talk about needing a boatload of time.
Boo-Frickety-Hoo.
-Dr. Evil

Return to “Instruments”