Q-Clone alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Q-Clone

cturner wrote:Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi records and writes out reference curves. An instance before and after the unit in question, flip to FreqAnalyst's difference view and you're there.
Beat me to it. :D :tu:

tunca wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:Q-Clone is indeed great at capturing those eq curves and the overall tone, but it doesn’t really do the harmonic saturation of a device.

But this could still be a great tool to also simplify all your eq curves in your DAW down to one plugin, freeing up your CPU. This could work out great for secondary instruments where harmonic saturation is less of a concern

It’s a pity Sintafex has that patent, there is so much that can be potentially done with dynamic convolution.
I have some outboard gear.Normally i'm processing and committing or freezing channel and using it on another channel.But maybe Q-Clone is good option to use my EQs on every channel without freezing.

It's like using digital eq with midi controller.Nothing special but easy.
It doesnt always have to be special, easy and practical are just as important too.

If everything was special, nothing would stand out. You need your less than special processing on your less than special tracks to help the special tracks stand out, provide contrast.

Return to “Effects”