2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

bradkvr wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:
Sounds fantastic and looking forward to Simon's presets!

B
works wonderfully!

+1 for Simon's presets. Those B2 presets. :o YES PLEASE.

Ploki wrote:
bradkvr wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:
Sounds fantastic and looking forward to Simon's presets!

B
works wonderfully!

+1 for Simon's presets. Those B2 presets. :o YES PLEASE.
For this expansion I'm approaching the 100 preset mark, then another 100+ to go, mid February should be doable, maybe earlier.

Sampleconstruct wrote: For this expansion I'm approaching the 100 preset mark, then another 100+ to go, mid February should be doable, maybe earlier.
oh man you're stockhausen? I'm almost a little star struck

Hey are you related to good ol' stockhausen (karlheinz)? I always wonder whenever i open your preset.

Scroll down for the English version:

https://www.simonstockhausen.com/portrait.htm

:o i'm gonna faint

Ploki wrote::o i'm gonna faint
Naa, it's not worth fainting, good old Charlie sometimes sits on my shoulder when I design sounds or compose music, he likes it :)

Seems to be working :)

back on topic:
@Andrew, what exactly does randomize algo actually do? Because i noticed that when i randomize algo when i'm 100% AMB, the stereo field changes drastically. (takes a few dice rolls to get it just right)
and again, this AMB thing is superb. Don't think I found a better "stereoizer" tool

also: randomizing ALG is not assignable to a control

Ploki wrote:Seems to be working :)

back on topic:
@Andrew, what exactly does randomize algo actually do? Because i noticed that when i randomize algo when i'm 100% AMB, the stereo field changes drastically. (takes a few dice rolls to get it just right)
and again,
I could tell you, but i'd have to... :wink:

suffice to say, it randomizes things, as the name suggests. This includes the early/instant ambience. The details of the randomization are uncontrollable. The result of clicking on the ranomize button is also unrepeatable. You will never get the same state twice. Well if you click on it 2^3072 times you *might* see the same result, but probably not even then, and anyway you, the rest of humanity, and the entire universe will be dead by then. :D

So if you find a magical setting, be sure to save it, or at least copy it with the "Copy A-B" function in the NAV bar so you can return to it if you wish to compare results. Otherwise it will be lost.

Perceptually in terms of the effects on AMB, it can be thought of as something like moving around stereo mics in the real physical space.

Sometimes this can result in L and R being more out of phase than in-phase. I could block this I suppose, but it can be a cool special FX, so I was not inclined to block it at first. I could block it (i was, and kinda still am thinking about it), and then add the phase invert button from B2 back in, so that this was controllable, but we really don't want Breeze to be complex for the casual user.
Ploki wrote: this AMB thing is superb. Don't think I found a better "stereoizer" tool
ya, this little feature could prob be it's own plug... :D hmmm....

Andrew Souter wrote:I could block this I suppose...

Don't touch it! :D

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Naa, it's not worth fainting...

but Simon's work IS worth fainting for... :D

The 171 build still has problems with the output volume set to -infinity when changing presets in the AU version. It's not a fault in the parameter data, because reloading the preset will give a expected output volume.

Also I ran a flute loop through the factory Breeze 2 chambers and it sounded very nice, but running the same loop through Simply Better chamber presets there was a lot of distortion on most of the presets. So maybe these additions are too hot?
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Andrew Souter wrote: ya, this little feature could prob be it's own plug... :D hmmm....
as simon said, don't touch it :D its great. also adds a little magic to programming it. and a boatload of flexibility.
(just make it assignable so i can assign it to my controller and abuse it)

Tbh AMB could be a plug of its own. :wink: I mean, everything on Breeze2 is nice, but this really blew me away.
I tried couple of "space makers" and most of them sound a little "can-like", but this, this is great. B2 is usually my go-to for making vocal ambience, but I think i found another contender, especially for dryer sound.

krankyone wrote:The 171 build still has problems with the output volume set to -infinity when changing presets in the AU version. It's not a fault in the parameter data, because reloading the preset will give a expected output volume.
Ok we will explore thanks.
krankyone wrote: Also I ran a flute loop through the factory Breeze 2 chambers and it sounded very nice, but running the same loop through Simply Better chamber presets there was a lot of distortion on most of the presets. So maybe these additions are too hot?
It's basically impossible to create distortion inside Breeze 2. Even if you feed it a sine wave at +100dB (meters will show clip), and then reduce gain -100dB after Breeze 2 there will still be zero distortion. even though gain inside breeze is 100dB higher than usual in such a test. Maybe something else in your chain is producing distortion and/or you have breeze 2 as the the last insert on the master buss and there is no limiter and actually real output from the DAW is clipping?

it's possible the output of breeze 2 is going above 0.00dB for some preset/source combinations. but that should not by itself cause distortion (unless it's the final output of the DAW)

presets should give almost exactly the same RMS when applied to pink noise, which is the best we can do since we don't know what your input signal is. EQ can have positive gain, so maybe some presets are boosting freq regions of your source that have lots of energy in them. Just pull the master gain down some, if it's a problem.

if I am misunderstanding, please provide a specific example to check out.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Naa, it's not worth fainting, good old Charlie sometimes sits on my shoulder when I design sounds or compose music, he likes it :)
I've been enjoying your Breeze videos and audio, Simon, and I have one of your preset sets (Chromaphone), which is great. In the 80s I played drums with a band where your dad's name was often mentioned as an influence, so it was nice for me to make the connection a little while ago. Your singing bowl presets for Breeze 2 are particularly good.
Last edited by timyork on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote:
timyork wrote:
Ploki wrote:that ambience thing is pretty neat.
I agree!
Agreed as well! It provides a sense of space that can be quiet realistic but without an obvious early relfections or attempt to create debth with late reflections. sweet.
The more I use the Simply better expansion drum chamber presets on various percussions in this track I'm mixing the more glad I am I bought Breeze and the expansion pack. As you've said, they provide a realistic sense of space that really helps the sounds find their place/space in the mix. So easy to tweak to get it right too.

Return to “Effects”