Lexicon Alpha keeps shutting off

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using a Lexicon Alpha external usb sound interface without problems.

This morning, I plug the usb cable in and the blue indicator light on the alpha comes on to show powert-like it should. But then after only 10 seconds or so, it shuts off again! :x

Help please!

I'm having the same problem, but it only just started when I try to use my Lexicon Alpha in Linux Ubuntu 16.04. It is still working fine on my Windows 10 installation (I dual boot).

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for hours, but still haven't found a fix. Ubuntu seems to still think it is connected, but the Alpha seems to power off after about 4 seconds. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it will turn off again after a couple seconds. I did find that the power will stay on as long as I continuously send an audio signal to it. I just ran a speaker test that would repeat until I told it to stop. As soon as I stop the signal, the Alpha powers off after 4 seconds.

I will try to post something more here if I find a solution. Did you figure anything out?

Update: I gave up. Couldn't find a solution.

I ended up just buying a new interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4). It works perfectly on my Linux installation.

Update:

I got the Lexicon Alpha working in Linux Mint 18.xx . It just worked when I installed Mint.

Go into the driver settings and check the power management set up
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Nothing to do with the power management. When I install Linux, the first thing I do is turn off all of the suspend functions in power management.

If I use my laptop with battery this error occurs. When I plugged in everything is fine. I don't no why.

donfefito wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:50 pm I don't no why.
It's probably the power plan shutting down USB devices to save energy when the machine runs on batteries.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

i have the same problem with lexicon alpha usb audio card and i fix it first go down on the speaker on bar right and klik right klik and open volume mixer when it open then klik on the speaker that is open windows speaker properties go advanced in default format change the setting from 16 bit 48000 Hz to 16 bit 44000 Hz then apply ok and the soun card work fine no turn off or on thanks
dimitris

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”