Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Guenon
KVRian
 
1254 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Postby Guenon; Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

How about a month with Diodow? https://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwerk/diodow.htm

Referring to this thread where I got wind of this developer: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=498656

Like I mused there, as an added incentive that might interest at least the most synth head OSCers, you receive a full version of Diodow's bigger brother monster synth if you do a hefty enough collection of patches :) with either this ^ fully free one or the demo of the large one.

Might be interesting!
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
378 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Guenon wrote:How about a month with Diodow?


Image
User avatar
Guenon
KVRian
 
1254 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Postby Guenon; Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

:wink:

Wouldn't be the first time the OSC adventurers tackled a GUI in this style, though!
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
378 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Guenon wrote:Wouldn't be the first time the OSC adventurers tackled a GUI in this style, though!


:tu:
User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRist
 
251 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Berlin

Postby Tj Shredder; Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I think VCV rack would be a good choice. Just because you need some creativity to get it into your DAW... But it could as well just sound on its own without any external sequencing/recording...
User avatar
Frostline
KVRist
 
210 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Postby Frostline; Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Tj Shredder wrote:I think VCV rack would be a good choice. Just because you need some creativity to get it into your DAW... But it could as well just sound on its own without any external sequencing/recording...

Personally I would rather wait until they release the VCV rack bridge so the user doesn't need to jump through unnecessary hoops just to get it into the DAW. Plus OSC usually requires a project file be available(if necessary to check rule compliance) not just a project full of recorded stems with no way of determining the sound source.
Will be a very interesting month if OSC ever does use VCV rack. It is an impressive piece of kit.

And I don't mind the rather unconventional GUI of Diodow so long as it is stable to work with.
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700
User avatar
tl
KVRist
 
449 posts since 7 May, 2002, from ... , germany

Postby tl; Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

"a bit off-topic but on topic"... concerning the One-Synth-Challenge idea.
5 Excellent Electronic Albums Made With a Single Synthesizer on pitchfork.com.

Regards,
tl.
User avatar
mmGhost
KVRist
 
156 posts since 24 Aug, 2009, from CO, USA

Postby mmGhost; Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Guenon wrote:How about a month with Diodow? https://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwerk/diodow.htm

Referring to this thread where I got wind of this developer: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=498656

Like I mused there, as an added incentive that might interest at least the most synth head OSCers, you receive a full version of Diodow's bigger brother monster synth if you do a hefty enough collection of patches :) with either this ^ fully free one or the demo of the large one.

Might be interesting!

i have no words to describe how intimidating that thing looks to me!

selfishly, would like to see osc 108 with something cross-platform for us AU guys...
Soundcloud | Spotify | YouTube Tutorials
"Just sidechain everything to everything"
User avatar
ckoe
KVRist
 
88 posts since 26 Sep, 2017, from Berlin

Postby ckoe; Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Where can I find the spreadsheets with the results of the different OSCs?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments