Best Service Galaxy X "convolution Synth" for 95 bux worth it ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Galaxy X

egbert101 wrote:...That's basically why I love Absynth. You can just add your own sample libraries to it. Or pass Absynth through your own various effects. No need to keep buying more romplers :hihi:
Or even use it strictly as an fx unit (really cool for vox).. it's a crazy, versatile synth/sampler/fx vst. :love:

egbert101 wrote: No need to keep buying more romplers :hihi:
Who said anything about "need"?? :hihi:

Oops, sorry: :love: :love:

So, it's mine now, and I'm happy to say it's MUCH smoother on all fronts compared to the demo version, no crashes yet even with the X-Time knob. Got a nice 2-layer thing going, looping along with a keys set arp'ing, into many different IRs…CPU hit minor, in Logic:)

Even loaded a sample, which is a bit complex, with too many options that aren't easily understood, and once got a message that the samples couldn't be found, or opened (plain old .wavs, easily found, but wouldn't load 'em), but eventually I got it going fine with a single one mapped to all keys (used the Quick Map options, something like that, the last one in the list), lots of sample editing options and convolving along just as expected, VERY deep editing/swapping options there, of course.

Not a lot of time right now, but questions welcome; will answer if I can…

David wrote:So, it's mine now, and I'm happy to say it's MUCH smoother on all fronts compared to the demo version, no crashes yet even with the X-Time knob. Got a nice 2-layer thing going, looping along with a keys set arp'ing, into many different IRs…CPU hit minor, in Logic:)

Even loaded a sample, which is a bit complex, with too many options that aren't easily understood, and once got a message that the samples couldn't be found, or opened (plain old .wavs, easily found, but wouldn't load 'em), but eventually I got it going fine with a single one mapped to all keys (used the Quick Map options, something like that, the last one in the list), lots of sample editing options and convolving along just as expected, VERY deep editing/swapping options there, of course.

Not a lot of time right now, but questions welcome; will answer if I can…
You did It! :)
How's the modulation capabilities?
I'm so tempted but not sure how playable it sounds from what i've heard so far.

simmo75 wrote:
How's the modulation capabilities?
I'm so tempted but not sure how playable it sounds from what i've heard so far.
I was getting really nice results with the demo in Logic, plugging in a Mod Processor 3244 to work the X,Y, Z levels and in place of the mod wheel and on other X parameters. The ProEdit's deep mod panel is so tiny I haven't bothered yet to zoom in and mess with that, but overall I'd say it was very capable in that regard.

I'm not a great player, so one of the things I was attracted to was the non-typical and pretty rich arpeggiator/Groove Seq module, which I always turned on when testing keys out with the demo; and really liked. It does seem a bit more of a machine than an instrument, but I find it very responsive overall, lots of sweet spots to explore.

HTH!

Microtuning?
Boo-Frickety-Hoo.
-Dr. Evil

Interesting plugin, some innovations here.

One problem I have is that it doesn't sync very well and looses being connected to the host.

Makes it not useful for rhythmic parts if they are more then a few bars.

Annnnd how does it compare to tone2's rayblaster?
Boo-Frickety-Hoo.
-Dr. Evil

Anybody dubious about Galaxy but wanting something similar and less risky, I'd suggest checking out these:

Audiofier- Randomisers Series 1.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFx8mu1CEGY

Tons of great, playable instruments/sounds (not so many sound-scape, loop or pure FX sound options) with many convolution-based FX, as well as other types, plus lots of Kontakt scripting for arps and sequencing, well demo'ed in the videos, plus only $60 each.

David,

this is a great idea, I love all the audiofier stuff but have never thought about using them for soundscape stuff (they are absolutely great for all kind of plug, riff, sequence, arp stuff, from bells to winds) BUT:
- apart from the convolution based fx there are two different kind of mix/background "layers/effects" (one is "crystal" which in the new greatly develloped version you can use completely independend, the other is a background kind of "ambient" layer, just dont remember exact name but it is not to be overseen, has its own category in the soundsources)
- you can turn on/off/solo evrything separately so I really have to try this out as main sound sources and only mix in a little bit of the "main" soundsources, this should be a great starting point for something more ambient/soundscape orientated

Thanks for the idea :tu:

hi
Ive bought it and im messing around now with the three library presets
it is as people have said a sample library with a mixer, and in total 16.9gb of data (ACCORDING TO MY PC)
I have Absynth also (Part of NI Ultimate 11)

I do feel the the cut down price on VSTBUZZ is fairly decent and if you are into writing TV, RADIO fillers or even MOVIE trailers, it worth having just for the diversity
The company (Best Service) do seem to have created the samples from scratch and there are a lot of them
The mixer bit ia bonus as the sounds are individually wholesome anyway - mixing more than one inside of the VST plugin has got to be good I'm sure

Me personally, im happy with the product
its going to take hours going through the presets. There's loads of them

With regard to the install and register- its a pain in the backside

I'm confused over the 3 registrations though. Ive mailed them to ask what exactly it means as its not mentioned in the download/install documents

Return to “Instruments”