Is komplete 11 worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Eh .. I use the stock ableton stuff more than I do Komplete. However if you are starting from nothing it is tough to beat.

It also really really helps if you know exactly what type of music you are going to make .. give examples. Sure you can layer monark to get a nice thick analog sound but it’s going to be much easier to do in another synth with unison and probably sound better. Something like zebra can cover so much ground and is probably better suited to metal.

the best effects in komplete are the RC reverbs and replika XT and those are ultimate anyhow. Guitar rig is pretty dated and there are much better options including freeware. Compressor and eq .. not going to be the difference in your track.

I would concentrate on freeware (buy a more recent CM mag) and get a really good sample lib for hip hop and play with that until you know what you want. Dune CM sounds really good by the way you are not missing out on that much.

3ptguitarist wrote:...
I'm not that serious about music
...?
:o :o :o :o :o
smelling salts! smelling salts!

3ptguitarist - what did you get/decide upon, after all?

3ptguitarist wrote: I'm into progressive rock/metal, soft piano, and some new age type songs and maybe some hip-hop beats. So I'm into wanting a variety of sounds for my music.
Komplete is very interesting without a doubt.

But as the genres that you're interested in are quite specific, you could look for specific tools.
Komplete is quite pop-like in nature (for lack of a better word). Sure, they have a bassguitar but their tools are not very edgy.

Specific tools:

* For rock/metal I would think about Amplitube 4 (from IK Multimedia) : a very realistic guitar amp.
* Piano's: I don't consider the Komplete piano's the best. There are a lot dedicated piano vst out there. for example Pianoteq (starting around 100 dollar). You could also consider a free piano vst.
* New age: for ambient there is an interesting thread here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=496651

For new age or ambient a good FX is very important. The new 112db Mikroncascade is made for ambient (40 dollars). Valhalla Shimmer (50 dollars) is also very interesting.
As cheap instruments: synth 1 (free), Korg Wavestation (25 dollars), Art Pyrite.
More expensive: Absynth, Zebra2,.... There is also Zebra CM which you can get for a few dollars by buying a copy of Computer Music Magazine.

generaldiomedes wrote:Sure you can layer monark to get a nice thick analog sound but it’s going to be much easier to do in another synth with unison and probably sound better. Something like zebra can cover so much ground and is probably better suited to metal.

Compressor and eq .. not going to be the difference in your track.

I would concentrate on freeware
^ do not listen to this guy

You forgot the ‘until you know what you want’ part ...

If you have a lot of extra money, sure, get Komplete. You could make plenty of music without it. Komplete is a better fit for someone who spends a lot of time making music.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

You get so much useful stuff with Komplete for those genres too: guitar rig, pianos, quite a few effects and synths which can make great ambient sounds.
dedication to flying

Purchased Komplete 11 yesterday because it's on sale - this has been one of my worst purchases in a while.

Everything is uber-dated. Windows and fonts are tiny. Got a HD or 4k display? Go away. It's so tiny, it's like from the 90's. Forget about all the FX-Plugins. There's better freeware.

Reaktor 6 is a nightmare in terms of usability. I own and use a handful of it's competitors - each one is great. Quote Deadmouse "I'll probably use it for some sh*t.. [quits Reaktor 6 about 90minutes after buying & trying]".

In my eyes this packages is a scam. It's like 10 years old stuff, relabeled over and over again up till Quote "Version" 11.

Battery - what are you supposed to do with it? There's no way of mapping samples in a convenient way, other than fiddling with the microscopic controls of each individual sample. That's right, you cannot map samples just over a virtual keyboard like you can in even freeware samplers. You have to assign a Midi note individually. A joke.

Guitar Rig is just as old - it was one of my reasons to buy it. But this thing has not developed at all in like 20(?) years.

There's not a single thing in this package that I would ever pay for again, not even a dollar. Even Komplete Select gives you a better package with Massive and a few cool Reaktor-Player Instruments like Monark.

Now I can't resell it or I will lose Komplete Select as well. So much regret. Never again, NI.

On one part i agree that when it comes to displays i only imagine that its not so great on 4k screens. But for the rest, did you bought Ultimate or non ultimate? because Ultimate has all the goods. And FX are actually very high quality, i believe your frustration with small guis and unusability is what speaks now. Also there are demos of each product, shouldve checked that first? :)

Funny ha ha
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I have never bought Komplete. Right now my upgrade is 199.50 American and it's 45 products. About a third of that is compelling to me so 15 things I'll use 5 of, really. It's still tempting because these things I really would get into I think. But I have something else that's going to kill my budget for June.

(I have too much of it already)
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

generaldiomedes wrote:You forgot the ‘until you know what you want’ part ...
No, I think everything you said is just wrong. :)

cheers

Current offer makes it cheaper to buy the forty-five plugins they're hoping to get you hooked on than to just buy the two I actually used.
But until they improve Access, I'm just not sure it's worth any price.

I kid
generaldiomedes wrote: if you are starting from nothing it is tough to beat.

the best effects in komplete are the RC reverbs and replika XT and those are ultimate anyhow. Guitar rig is pretty dated and there are much better options including freeware.
I agree with Replika XT. The RC reverbs are worthy, but I don't need it.
I use Guitar Rig for FX, not for a realistic guitar amp. It can be done but I don't need to bother with it. OP doesn't really know what they're even into fully, so whatev. I find every freeware amp sim useless, personally. Always YMMV...
Compressor and eq .. not going to be the difference in your track.
This makes no sense unless one just doesn't care. He's not that serious about music, though. :scared:
generaldiomedes wrote:
I would concentrate on freeware [...] until you know what you want.
Contradicts your opening statement completely. :D

Monark rules, ok.

Return to “Instruments”