Scattered Beat (Electronic Track)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I created this one a few days ago. It is a midtempo tune in electronic style with influences of ambient music. One of my first tracks made with my recently acquired beatstep by arturia.

Have a listen!

https://hearthis.at/hillside-ws/scattered-beat/

Thank you for feedback by the way 8)
HM

Pleasant track with variable parts. I Liked the rhythm and percussion.
Nice mood and soundscape.

Very beautiful and relaxing music

Real nice track.
The rhythms turned out well and your arping and keys compliment, making it flow and groove.
I want to hear it again...that's what it's about. (EDIT: 2 plays did it for me :roll: )
Last edited by annode on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

great! love the bassline and drums, well done :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

markkuja wrote:Pleasant track with variable parts. I Liked the rhythm and percussion.
Nice mood and soundscape.
Thank you. The beats were mainly originated with the Arturia sequencer. It is a different workflow than doing rhythm on the computer.. :)

JorgeJurado wrote:Very beautiful and relaxing music
Thank you very much! :phones:

annode wrote:Real nice track.
The rhythms turned out well and your arping and keys compliment, making it flow and groove.
I want to hear it again...that's what it's about. (EDIT: 2 plays did it for me :roll: )
Thank you for listening. It tried to master it not too loud in order to preserve the overall dynamics. Hopefully that worked. :)

layzer wrote:great! love the bassline and drums, well done :tu:
Thank you! :)

Nice atmospheric track. I thought the toms were mixed too loud with too much reverb.

Good job overall. :tu:

Frantz wrote:Nice atmospheric track. I thought the toms were mixed too loud with too much reverb.

Thanks for the hint. I'll take a look at that. I thought the basedrum was too loud but there seem to be different opinions.

I'm playing this late at night after a long day at work. It's nicely chilled, but with enough energy and variation to ensure that I don't fall asleep prematurely. Great job with the percussion, which I thought was lively and effective.

Good work :)

Frantz wrote:Nice atmospheric track. I thought the toms were mixed too loud with too much reverb.

were there toms in this? i hear a kick, some clanks, claps and bongos but no reverbed toms :?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: were there toms in this? i hear a kick, some clanks, claps and bongos but no reverbed toms :?
I understand that toms are not normally played continuously like this by a real drummer. However, drum machine programming does not have to be realistic and toms are much more popular on drum machines than bongos. So I am guessing these are drum machine toms being used in a bongo-like fashion.

Perhaps htcnext2 can resolve this very important mystery and say whether he used bongos or toms.

seismic1 wrote:I'm playing this late at night after a long day at work. It's nicely chilled, but with enough energy and variation to ensure that I don't fall asleep prematurely. Great job with the percussion, which I thought was lively and effective.

Good work :)
Thank you for listening. Nice to hear that you liked it :)

"frantz / layzer" - the thing with the toms:
It is true, there are toms in the track although rather synthetic ones. I can not see why you think they are too loud. For my taste the volume is ok. Which kind of monitoring do you use? Maybe there is the point.

Return to “Music Cafe”