New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

pekbro wrote:Meh, granular resynthesis is probably too boring for these guys, play a series of micro samples very fast, that’s about all there is to it. A similar effect created via sound source positioning, that’s something else entirely.
GRM Spaces does this - particularly SpaceGrain

Soarer wrote: You’re welcome to upload but as I said I’d rather see a dedicated granular plugin - preferably next level shit :D
You'll be happy to know that our current plan for 2018 is just "Next Level Shit" in all caps. Seriously though we've got some cool things in the pipeline and granular processing is in that list. I'd also love to see more videos of SpecOps in action and the feature/product requests are always appreciated.
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Good news Sir! I'm very exited to hear that and looking much forward to it :hyper:
I'll try to make video with SpecOps or Sandman Pro sometime soon then.

Amusesmile wrote:and the feature/product requests are always appreciated.
Maybe you can spread your innovation towards a sample based instrument? egbert101 started a (now locked) thread about a market gap in that domain. I agree with him, at least we can see there is not much going on. A dedicated sample based instrument with your UA magic and modulation... because why not? Yo, I own that cool PC computer and it's highly ready for that next level shit.

I used SpecOps to filter this Crusher-X (Rendered) sound storm and it turned out quite interesting.

Here's the preset I created for this.
Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 10.42.51 PM.png

https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/s ... rain-storm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

That's some quite atmospheric stuff you made there VORT3X :) Sounds good.

V0RT3X wrote:I used SpecOps to filter this Crusher-X (Rendered) sound storm and it turned out quite interesting.
Yeah the different SpecOps filters are great for special denoising of some bands, I use it the same way :D

And having a granular processor from Unfiltered Audio would be totally crazy for sure, just by looking at their actual effect plugins it's very easy to foresee a very unique, creative, fully wired & modulated granulator. Probably crushing away all the others... :ud:

Would be an instant buy for me, no doubt about that.

That's what I'm talking about! :)

Since NAMM starts tomorrow, I may as well let a few other things slip.

We went to Brainworx in Leverkusen a week-and-a-half ago. We showed up with 18 product ideas that we had for the year and left with 3 or 4 highly refined products.

Before we tackle those, Josh and I have been busy submitting patches for every existing product just to ensure that they're in a great place while we work on the new ones. Sandman Pro, Instant Delay, and Fault all have fixes for their weird AU input monitoring behavior. SpecOps and Fault now have options to turn off latency reporting so that you can hear your dry signal instantly and that the rest of your project is unaffected (Side note: zero-latency SpecOps can be abused to act like a strange delay by changing the window size).

Our biggest project this year is the synth that I announced on Darwin Grosse's excellent Art + Music + Technology podcast (http://artmusictech.libsyn.com/podcast- ... el-hetrick). We already have MPE and polyphonic modulation fully implemented. I can tell you that even with the current, basic feature set, I'm having a blast playing with it.

The granulator is something that we've wanted to do since starting the company. Curtis Roads showed me a lot of excellent OS 9 granular software that had crazy amounts of power. A lot of these had, ehhh, "academic" interfaces and/or required a lot of work to use and run. He emailed me to let me know that he will happily consult with us while we design and test it. We plan on doing a granular effect this year, and potentially a granular instrument next year. Our goal is to do something similar to what we did with SpecOps: lots of algorithms and techniques distilled down to a modulation and performance friendly interface.

Josh and I will be at NAMM all-day Friday and Saturday, so if you see two clowns running around in Unfiltered shirts, be sure to stop us and say hey!

I know where my money is going over the next year or 2 :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

"academic interfaces", LOL.
So the instrument will be out this year? Q4 maybe?

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:"academic interfaces", LOL.
So the instrument will be out this year? Q4 maybe?
That's our target! A lot of the really brutal stuff is out of the way (voice management, MPE, polyphonic modulation) so we have a lot of time to make sure that everything sounds great.

All great news!!! You guys will Take all my plugin $$'s in 2018 by the sounds of it.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

You guys going to have the first synth that PA sells? :eek:

Return to “Effects”