Keylab Essential Question

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does the Keylab Essential series send release velocity?

I bought a Keylab 49 (1st series), like it, and would like to get another 49 or 61 board.
I realize it doesn't have everything that the 1st series does, but release velocity is my main concern.

Hi Felis,
yes release velocity is supported by the Keylab Essential.
best regards,

Thank you very much. I'll probably be getting another one very soon.

My old evolution keyboard is getting a bit long in the tooth now, with a couple of sticking keys, so thinking about an upgrade...

Is the keylab worth it? Is it set up to control individual Arturia plugins or does it need Analog Lab running as a host?

Does the aftertouch (CS-80 V in mind) work well?

Thanks

Removed:

Well - I guess I have to change this question to - does the Keylab MkII have release velocity?
I ended up not getting the Essential, but have been using my original Keylab 49.

Saw it announced, it's supposed to be out soon, and it looks really good. That's the only question I have about it.

Hemmick: the aftertouch on the original Keylabs works fine, but like most keyboards, it's channel aftertouch,
not polyphonic aftertouch. I think I read that the Keylab Essential doesn't have aftertouch, so you might not be
interested in those.
I forget now, but I think the pads on the original might have individual (polyphonic) aftertouch.

Return to “Arturia”