Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Loopcloud from Loopmasters

Loopcloud 2.0 is out now, and it lets you demo the award-winning Loopmasters catalogue in your DAW, in perfect sync with your projects, for free! Preview millions of sounds – whether you own them or not – straight from the cloud, and only pay for what you need.

Read more at www.loopmasters.com
pottering
KVRian
 
561 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby pottering; Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

zenophilix wrote:So wait, we have to edit text files now? Because I was using an online theme edtior( https://skin.pastel.li/ ) that looked like it was meant for v9, and it worked fine.

Image

Clearly a bit of a fail, was trying to use the colors from FL, since during the demo the color scheme always seemed pretty easy on the eyes, but the image on the theme editor only showed the library.


They changed the format to XML.

I'm surprised it accepts old skins at all, but it does, but seems the colors don't fit 100% the new UI.

That editor you posted is still useful as the names for the stuff seems similar, so you can preview and check what is what.
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
626 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:36 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

pottering wrote:
zenophilix wrote:So wait, we have to edit text files now? Because I was using an online theme edtior( https://skin.pastel.li/ ) that looked like it was meant for v9, and it worked fine.

Image

Clearly a bit of a fail, was trying to use the colors from FL, since during the demo the color scheme always seemed pretty easy on the eyes, but the image on the theme editor only showed the library.


They changed the format to XML.

I'm surprised it accepts old skins at all, but it does, but seems the colors don't fit 100% the new UI.

That editor you posted is still useful as the names for the stuff seems similar, so you can preview and check what is what.

Odd. I might try some more old skins to see if those are accepted too. THe editor I linked could have just been updated quickly. Colors are more my fault, it didn't give me a a view of the full screen, so I was purely picking colors based on how it looks on the brwoser. :P

Edit: Someone should replicate that Live 10 concept design someone made a while ago... :ud:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
elbo
KVRer
 
1 post since 17 Dec, 2005

Postby elbo; Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

OzoneJunkie wrote:Ah, I see, thanks. So is there any way to change that yellow color that's used for buttons like Mute, etc?


use a text editor
open the dark theme (03Dark.ask in the ressources folder)
lines 119, 120, 121 : change the rgb values

no more yellow button :-)


Image (https://postimg.org/image/7zvg4zgwz/)
User avatar
OzoneJunkie
KVRian
 
996 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Postby OzoneJunkie; Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

elbo wrote:
OzoneJunkie wrote:Ah, I see, thanks. So is there any way to change that yellow color that's used for buttons like Mute, etc?


use a text editor
open the dark theme (03Dark.ask in the ressources folder)
lines 119, 120, 121 : change the rgb values

no more yellow button :-)



Nice. Thank you :tu:
User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
 
2649 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
LawrenceF
KVRAF
 
5997 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

With that being simple xml it should be easy enough to code a graphic theme editor for it... but I suppose everyone would just wait for someone else to do it.

Could probably knock that up in Windows in 90 minutes or so.
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
626 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

DJ Warmonger wrote:Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbcfv1jpw ... 5Frost.ask
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
LawrenceF
KVRAF
 
5997 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

Here's something to play with on Windows, a small editor for those xml theme files.

Download 1.0.0.1

Image
Last edited by LawrenceF on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
 
2649 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

zenophilix wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbcfv1jpw ... 5Frost.ask

God bless your lovely persona :tu:
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
zeep
KVRAF
 
1687 posts since 17 May, 2005

Postby zeep; Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

LawrenceF wrote:Here's something to play with on Windows, a small editor for those xml theme files.

Thanks for this.

It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10.
Would it be possible for you to implement that?
pottering
KVRian
 
561 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby pottering; Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

Nice, thanks for the tool!
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22148 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

Thanks LawrenceF :)
LawrenceF
KVRAF
 
5997 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

zeep wrote:It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10. Would it be possible for you to implement that?


Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate.

Honestly, for things that are readable like that you can "covert" most anything like that with an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, glad you find it useful. It didn't take very long to get it working but I kept tweaking it afterward anyway.
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
626 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 pm Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

LawrenceF wrote:
zeep wrote:It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10. Would it be possible for you to implement that?


Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate.

Honestly, for things that are readable like that you can "covert" most anything like that with an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, glad you find it useful. It didn't take very long to get it working but I kept tweaking it afterward anyway.

.ask, afaik it's a proprietary format. Opening them in notepad results in recognizable text though, so maybe. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
zeep
KVRAF
 
1687 posts since 17 May, 2005

Postby zeep; Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:08 am Re: Ableton Live 10 themes

LawrenceF wrote:Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate..

I can't say for sure what format the old skins are.
Either way, you'd have to put more time into it, and i understand if you have other things to do. :tu:

There was a free skin editor that could open them. Discontinued. Found here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20121218073 ... itor.shtml

Link to the old Ableton Live Skin Editor here.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)