PatchWork and Reason

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a thread on ReasonTalk about a product that allows multiple vst's to be used at reduced cpu load. One of the responses mentioned that PatchWork would be a good/better alternative.
I had not heard of either program.
As I have Reason 7 and will be upgrading to 10 soon (9.5 onwards hosts vst's), I am curious if PatchWork will work with Reason. I am reading through the website in order to gain some more knowledge - but how does Patchwork "load"?
Is it a vst for vst's?
I appreciate your time.

Patchwork owner here. It's a multi-use piece of software for a lot of scenarios. So to help answer your question:

I use Reaper, which is also a VST host. Reaper sees Patchwork as a VST along with the rest of my third-party plugins. If Reason supports VSTs, then that's how you'll utilize it as well.

Thanks Tappistry - it should work then.

If you're relatively new to the world of third-party VSTs: just make sure to download the correct version for your DAW(s), either 32 or 64-bit. Mostly everyone is on 64-bit DAWs now, but check your installed version of Reason to make sure. (This goes for any developer, not just Blue Cat.)

Also, don't confuse VST with VST3, the architectures are completely different, and only some DAWs support them. Blue Cat recommends using the regular VST versions of their plugins over VST3 if you have the choice of using either format.

Side note: I'm intrigued that Propellerheads finally got over distaste/paranoia of third-party plugins.

PatchWork should indeed let you load VST/VST3 or AU plug-ins while loaded as a VST inside Reason. You may want to check the demo and tell us if it works well for you!

Can confirm this is working for me. It does not lessen the DSP load vs directly loading VSTs or VSTIs though. If you have an AU or VST3 you want to use in Reason, this does work.

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”