Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
STi_NJ
KVRist

35 posts since 8 Nov, 2007

Postby STi_NJ; Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:35 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

PapaG wrote:
STi_NJ wrote:I'm surprised at how many guys are bashing the presets. Why are people so bent on the latest sound and sounding like everyone else. Come up with something different. That means using old sounds/new sounds, whatever. If you must follow the leaders and make exactly what's hot now, the synth is more than capable of producing whatever sound it is that you want.

Clearly if you don't care for presets then the criticism is not relevant to you. But that's hardly a logical reason to argue against the criticism.

I'm not saying I don't use presets - I do. What I was meaning to get at is it's not really reasonable for people to slam certain genres of packs just because they might not make that style of music. Sure, someone can say 8-bit isn't all the rage right now, but it doesn't mean that there aren't paying customers out there who do make it. There clearly are. As someone else said - they'll keep cranking these expansions out. It's just a matter of time before there's something for everyone.

All that being said, I personally find the packs to be fairly expensive for me, but it just means I'll have to seriously consider which one's I'll buy.
Warehouseparty
KVRist

113 posts since 10 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby Warehouseparty; Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

STi_NJ wrote:Sure, someone can say 8-bit isn't all the rage right now, but it doesn't mean that there aren't paying customers out there who do make it. There clearly are.
All that being said, I personally find the packs to be fairly expensive for me, but it just means I'll have to seriously consider which one's I'll buy.

Amen!

sircuit wrote:think again or jump 3-ish pages back. if you can't use the n-bits, you basically lack creativity. The Gods have spoken.

To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells. Because creativity let's you use it and still find combinations that you love (and at least you don't know).

Sidefact: 8 bit is the only expansion I own right now. There has not been one I wanted apart from this one. So may be there are customers that just don't care for tech house (which I thought to be dead until this thread for years). Obviously everybody of us is living in his own small universe! :ud:
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen
STi_NJ
KVRist

35 posts since 8 Nov, 2007

Postby STi_NJ; Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:02 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

sircuit wrote:think again or jump 3-ish pages back. if you can't use the n-bits, you basically lack creativity. The Gods have spoken.

To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells. Because creativity let's you use it and still find combinations that you love (and at least you don't know).

Sidefact: 8 bit is the only expansion I own right now. There has not been one I wanted apart from this one. So may be there are customers that just don't care for tech house (which I thought to be dead until this thread for years). Obviously everybody of us is living in his own small universe! :ud:

Spot on with your piano point. I suppose electronic artists are always looking for that new sound since it's based on technology, but personally, I've always thought if something sounds good, use it. Who cares if it's a sound similar to what someone used in 1995.
sircuit
KVRist

346 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Warehouseparty wrote:To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells.

I'm sure all piano purchasers buy them because they only want to prove that they can be creative with a centuries-old sound, not because they really need the piece...
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

2231 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Wavegem
It makes you think they created this synth just to sell you presets

Yes, that's how it's done these days. Modern marketing cross-sell model, fairly standard these days.

Noiseboyuk

Many thanks for the presets :)
Member 12, Studio One 3, Avenger, Komplete Ultimate, Dune, Spire, Shreddage, Geist2, Battery, BFD3, Analog Strings, Izotope Neutron & Ozone
PapaG
KVRer

19 posts since 5 Feb, 2017

Postby PapaG; Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:03 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

kevvvvv wrote:Wavegem
It makes you think they created this synth just to sell you presets

Yes, that's how it's done these days. Modern marketing cross-sell model, fairly standard these days.

Noiseboyuk

Many thanks for the presets :)

Of course. But at these prices (especially compared to cost of the actual synth) it does feel like the 'your first hit is free' pusher analogy is a little too close to the truth.

And yes, sure, if you're not addicted of course you can always walk away. But I suspect their business model is wholly dependant upon something more akin to my first paragraph.
generaldiomedes
KVRist

314 posts since 14 Apr, 2017, from Canada

Postby generaldiomedes; Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

These preset packs are a cut above imho because they always contain additional waveforms, multisamples and Wavetable useable in the synth unlike say a typical Spire pack.

So I will get much more out of it than just some presets. Can’t wait for the cinematic/Hollywood one ..
hollyWorse
KVRist

47 posts since 23 May, 2017

Postby hollyWorse; Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Didn't get an answer yet: Is there a crossgrade option to Phalanx?
sircuit
KVRist

346 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

hollyWorse wrote:Didn't get an answer yet: Is there a crossgrade option to Phalanx?

No.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
Razzia
KVRist

108 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:24 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

generaldiomedes wrote:These preset packs are a cut above imho because they always contain additional waveforms, multisamples and Wavetable useable in the synth unlike say a typical Spire pack.

So I will get much more out of it than just some presets. Can’t wait for the cinematic/Hollywood one ..

Yeah. I really wish I could just buy the wavetables and multisamples for like $30. I'm not paying $70 for presets. This synth already does everything; I don't need someone to program it for me. But I'd really love to get my hands on the samples in the granular pack, for instance.
Wavegem
KVRist

108 posts since 19 Dec, 2016

Postby Wavegem; Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

It’s really not about the usability of the patches it’s more about price in relationship to what else is on the market. For instance Vintage Vault 2 from UVI is 600 bucks for EVERYTHING. That is software and samples, so many samples it makes your brain hurt. I gaurantee VPS avenger will be eventually be many thousands of dollars
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

2231 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

I'm just like everybody else whining about the price of Avenger presets.

But they are quality. Everything is usable.

It's like there's an Armin van Buuren gig in every pack :D .

When I used Spire a lot I was buying "affordable" presets, only to find a lot of them uninteresting, produced by a designer who lacked finesse, or poorly, lazily programmed. Combined with Spire's dog of a browser, my Avenger experience is much better, clearer, and more fun.

There's a lot of value in Avenger's preset packages, as Manuel keeps telling us, and we're all locked into his high quality/high price game.

But I also appreciate he's an artist who's gone into the new profession of sound design, instead of Tin Pan Alley, or wherever good prolific songwriters went before the internet.
Member 12, Studio One 3, Avenger, Komplete Ultimate, Dune, Spire, Shreddage, Geist2, Battery, BFD3, Analog Strings, Izotope Neutron & Ozone
tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist

209 posts since 15 Jan, 2017, from 127.0.0.1

Postby tapiodmitriyevich; Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

kevvvvv wrote:It's like there's an Armin van Buuren gig in every pack :D .

That's a problem. That EDM image. Avenger can be so much more. Look, U-HE synths. They don't puke "EDM EDM EDM" at you.
100tifiko
KVRist

67 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Postby 100tifiko; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Help please I am trying to log in into the VMAN I enter my email address and it says please enter a valid email address
msvs
KVRian

1005 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:03 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

you have to enter the same login as in your account at https://register.vps-avenger.com/
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments