Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
UNO Synth

UNO Synth analog synthesizer - IK Multimedia's entry in the hardware synthesizer world. We're proud to bring you a new hardware synth with a full-analog audio path providing massive analog sound that's also easy to use, with hands-on programmability and advanced features at an unbeatable price.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
captain lysergicacid
KVRist

31 posts since 19 Jan, 2018

Postby captain lysergicacid; Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:06 pm Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

Hi everybody!

I am a poor motherf**ker getting into music producing. Besides ableton, i have following equipment:

AKAI APC 25

KORG Nano Key.. for bus rides and traveling :P

as well as an USB Interface, to record Guitar and Microphones.

It's my birthday soon! My main present will be money, which i will be spending on traveling around the world and LSD.
So, i just look for a "small" present, something around 100 USD.

I saw following Video, and i was amazed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyT7f1H0JqA

I think it's the Ableton Novation Launchpad MK II, 160 EUR, so about 190 USD (so, out of my budget)

But then i saw the Ableton Novation Launchpad MINI! (80 EUR, 90 USD)

It seems like a perfect tool for making JAMS, and for having fun, even if you are wasted from a couple of nice and cold bottles of beer.

I was thinking of maybe getting the Ableton Novation Launchpad Mini (around 90 USD):

It seems like a perfect addition to my low budget equipment.

Adding spice to music production
Having a lot of useful functions
Being able to make JAMS
Good for a poor budget
A good addition to my equipment

As my birthday is pretty soon,
i have read some reviews, the most of them very positive!

Would you agree on this idea, or do you have another hint for a good music production tool for a beginner on a low budget?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your evening :tu:
transmetropolitan
KVRist

276 posts since 24 Nov, 2014

Postby transmetropolitan; Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 pm Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

I have one of the older launchpads. It's great imo, I use it with Numerology and it's an inspiring tool to jam with.

Other ideas:

https://youtu.be/y1N_Wysne9M
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

4545 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:50 pm Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22182 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

Jace-BeOS wrote:I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.

But he's Captain Lysergicacid ... ;)

Launchpad running one of the Push scripts (launchpad95) would be cool. I used one before getting Push. :tu:
rod_zero
KVRAF

2793 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

I would say save and get a Push 1 second hand, they go around 250 or even less, you may be able to to seel that akai little thing too.
dedication to flying
tapper mike
KVRAF

4650 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pm Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

I'd say get a launchpad pro used. I picked one up for $150 on ebay.... So now I have two.
captain lysergicacid
KVRist

Postby captain lysergicacid; Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 am Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

transmetropolitan wrote:I have one of the older launchpads. It's great imo, I use it with Numerology and it's an inspiring tool to jam with.

Other ideas:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://youtu.be/y1N_Wysne9M</span>

Thanks a lot for the video! The pocket operator looks great! I def will get one when i have another spare 50 bucks!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.

But he's Captain Lysergicacid ... ;)

Launchpad running one of the Push scripts (launchpad95) would be cool. I used one before getting Push. :tu:

Ah, i think i know what you are talking about, like running a launchpad, but instead using the scripts (midi etc.) for the launchpad, to get the scripts for the push.
Where can I find push scripts?

tapper mike wrote:I'd say get a launchpad pro used. I picked one up for $150 on ebay.... So now I have two.

I've done my research and came to the conclusion that the Launchpad Mini and Launchpad Pro are basically the same, just that the Launchpad Pro is bigger on the one hand, and has less colours of the lights.
Also, i don't want to bother my parents with ebay, they have no clue. But thanks for the advice anyways!

So, i finally decided for the Launchpad Mini, got it for 79 EUR on Amazon. I am excited already!

Thanks a lot everybody! :clown:
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22182 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 am Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

The script is here:
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95
Great for step sequencing your beats. I would expect an update for 10 before long. They added melodic step sequencing for Push2.
captain lysergicacid
KVRist

Postby captain lysergicacid; Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 am Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

Hi!

I just want to say thanks to everybody - and for everybody who will maybe read this thread later ...

I got the Novation Launchpad Mini (79€)

I was so excited, i had to open the birthday present before my birthday..

I am VERY happy with my decision!

So long,
Captain Lsyergic Acid :P
vurt
addled muppet weed

35270 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 am Re: Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

i do not use the device so had no advice to offer up front, but im happy to see its done the job for you :D

and happy birthday for whenever it may be!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)