Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Loopcloud from Loopmasters

Loopcloud 2.0 is out now, and it lets you demo the award-winning Loopmasters catalogue in your DAW, in perfect sync with your projects, for free! Preview millions of sounds – whether you own them or not – straight from the cloud, and only pay for what you need.

Read more at www.loopmasters.com
jacqueslacouth
KVRian

792 posts since 17 Nov, 2004

Postby jacqueslacouth; Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

I think I'd neck myself if I had to use that as my DAW. Cluttered and disorganised with just FAR too much going on. I feel I'd spend half my time looking for whichever control I needed and swearing a LOT.
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

392 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Postby THE INTRANCER; Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

jacqueslacouth wrote:I think I'd neck myself if I had to use that as my DAW. Cluttered and disorganised with just FAR too much going on. I feel I'd spend half my time looking for whichever control I needed and swearing a LOT.

You can make any daw you use cluttered and disorganised, but the point of the illustration is to show as many of the new features and elements ( along side existing ones ) that could possibly be available, even at the minimal of resolutions. You obviously wouldn't use Reason in this way if you didn't want to, in a practical sense. You would have full control of what's visible, and alternate methods in which to interact with the interface if it were real.

There's a ton of things Reason lags away in, when compared to other daws, so I added them and came up with some new things never seen before.

It's an old project, and I've really in the past 4 years barely used the Reason 7 version I own since moving to Presonus Studio One.. and that's probably because a lot of what I have illustrated, just isn't there.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

Postby THE INTRANCER; Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

chk071 wrote:I use a DAW to make music. You paint imaginary pictures of how your vision of a DAW should look like, but which will never become true. That's cool, but, i just don't see the point. What is the benefit of posting those pictures? Why not do a custom GUI for Reaper, for example?

Well, my vision did make it to Reason 9 when it came to colour, and the imagery I created and posted publicly on Reason related forums was long before it's release :wink: ....Props didn't manage to go the whole hog with the SSL mixer.. but I'm pretty sure that will come.

As for Reaper skins, I thought about it in the past, however I felt that the time and effort wouldn't be worth it, because of the old legacy code restricting and spoiling whatever I ultimately created visually.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7674 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

No resemblance whatsoever lol
vurt
addled muppet weed

35276 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

i hope you were paid handsomely for your efforts!
BMoore
KVRian

1334 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

Don't quit your day job.
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
deastman
KVRAF

6681 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

In 2014 I made a Photoshop graphic of what I wish Reason would look like in the future.

In 2018 I started a forum topic to brag about my Photoshop graphic.

Pretty amazing, huh?
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6939 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

deastman wrote:In 2014 I made a Photoshop graphic of what I wish Reason would look like in the future.

In 2018 I started a forum topic to brag about my Photoshop graphic.

Pretty amazing, huh?

How exactly does the OP want everyone to reply to a thread like this?

It just looks like a "Feed my ego" request the way it's titled.
LawrenceF
KVRAF

5998 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:47 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

When I was 5 years old I looked up at the night sky and I told my friends...

"You know, there's probably more stuff out there..."

So I got my crayon box out and drew some more planets and stuff and sent it to NASA and told them...

Lo and behold, now we know that there's more stuff out there.

I am personally responsible for the deep space program. Bow down to me. You're welcome. :lol:

Einstein 'aint got nuttin' on me. :hihi:
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

Postby THE INTRANCER; Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

Just a screen grab taken from the 3Dbuzz site I linked to.. to show the modular aspect....Cleaner, less busy... and with Native Instruments Razor to one side, hinting at VST implementation in Reason.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7674 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

:dog:
pathworker
KVRist

147 posts since 15 Aug, 2014

Postby pathworker; Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

looks way too busy for my liking, but then....whatever floats your boat. :idea:
Music is the language of the soul.

The best music comes from the heart of the performer or composer.
vurt
addled muppet weed

35276 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

LawrenceF wrote:When I was 5 years old I looked up at the night sky and I told my friends...

So I got my crayon box out and drew some more planets and stuff and sent it to NASA and told them...

Lo and behold, now we know that there's more stuff out there.

I am personally responsible for the deep space program. Bow down to me. You're welcome. :lol:

Einstein 'aint got nuttin' on me. :hihi:

:o
you deserve a nobel!
gentleclockdivider
KVRian

970 posts since 21 Mar, 2009, from gent

Postby gentleclockdivider; Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

I think you give yourself way to much credit .
..smells like egomania
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies
fmr
KVRAF

7087 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:26 pm Re: In 2014 I Designed Propellerheads Reason 10

THE INTRANCER wrote: Well, my vision did make it to Reason 9 when it came to colour, and the imagery I created and posted publicly on Reason related forums was long before it's release :wink: ....Props didn't manage to go the whole hog with the SSL mixer.. but I'm pretty sure that will come.

Honestly, I can't see any similarity... and I'm glad. If Reason would look as your pictures, I think nobody would use it.

For start, you use way too much colors - it just hursts, and make everything to look clutter (it is cluttered, but even if it wasn«t it would look cluttered because of excessive colors and strong contrasts.

Then you have buttons EVERYWHERE. You have buttons on top, you have buttons on bottom, you have buttons on the left, and on the right. Even in the middle of the screen. Really, that would be a total mess.
Fernando (FMR)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)