Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
shidostrife
KVRian

538 posts since 22 Nov, 2016

Postby shidostrife; Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Bombadil wrote:Hey you Whiners!!!

Don't you know what your jampoints are for!????? :hihi:

with the currency difference and extra discount, price with max jampoints used is almost the same as JRRshop, only you don't need to use jampoints for the latter.

I'd suggest increasing the limit of jampoints that could be used, at least to be cheaper than retailers by noticeable margin.

That complete your bundle also sounds nice.
machinesworking
KVRian

1189 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle

Postby machinesworking; Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Correct. Not every promotion is suited for everybody. If it doesn't meet your needs or suit you, of course nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

We have other promotions as well as an ongoing loyalty program via JamPoints that allow existing customers get great deals and we do have frequent promotions as you mention.

I see this promotion doesn't suit some and they've chosen to voice that in this thread and they do have a right to their opinion of course.

As a paying customer this is what disappoints me, how is it ever fair to someone in this guys situation?
systmu wrote:Yes I agree they should focus on fixing their upgrade pricing. I own t-racks max. no way am I paying $299 for just 4 new plugins *sigh* on top of that I own amplitube max and a bunch of their other stuff but my only option to t-racks 5 max is $299 the same option as someone who spent $49 on something on sale when I've spent more than $1,000 worth. Thanks

This isn't just an IK problem but the system IK have in place does not reward loyalty, it rewards new users. To the point a few years ago where I had to wait on upgrading to Amplitbe 4 to get enough jam points and some Xmas or black Friday sale or whatever to get the upgrade at a decent price. With the amount of stuff this guy owns, it should be a given that he gets a better price than a new user. Even with jam points paying 30% less than some new user is still one of the worst loyalty discounts in the business. No way around that.

Even with upgrade pricing the $99 or more thing makes for a bad discount if you spend more than $99. I don't get how IK haven't figured this out yet? It's simple really, if you spend $1,000 at IK you still only qualify for the same discounts as someone who spent $99, and you still can only discount 30% off of an existing sale.

IK could fix this, and offer users with X amount of products sliding discounts like Fabfilter etc. or at least heavy discounts for completing a package etc. Anyway I like the products, the web page is about as bad as it gets, and in general the been counters at IK are insane.
ATS
KVRAF

5556 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 pm Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

machinesworking wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Correct. Not every promotion is suited for everybody. If it doesn't meet your needs or suit you, of course nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

We have other promotions as well as an ongoing loyalty program via JamPoints that allow existing customers get great deals and we do have frequent promotions as you mention.

I see this promotion doesn't suit some and they've chosen to voice that in this thread and they do have a right to their opinion of course.

As a paying customer this is what disappoints me, how is it ever fair to someone in this guys situation?
systmu wrote:Yes I agree they should focus on fixing their upgrade pricing. I own t-racks max. no way am I paying $299 for just 4 new plugins *sigh* on top of that I own amplitube max and a bunch of their other stuff but my only option to t-racks 5 max is $299 the same option as someone who spent $49 on something on sale when I've spent more than $1,000 worth. Thanks

This isn't just an IK problem but the system IK have in place does not reward loyalty, it rewards new users. To the point a few years ago where I had to wait on upgrading to Amplitbe 4 to get enough jam points and some Xmas or black Friday sale or whatever to get the upgrade at a decent price. With the amount of stuff this guy owns, it should be a given that he gets a better price than a new user. Even with jam points paying 30% less than some new user is still one of the worst loyalty discounts in the business. No way around that.

Even with upgrade pricing the $99 or more thing makes for a bad discount if you spend more than $99. I don't get how IK haven't figured this out yet? It's simple really, if you spend $1,000 at IK you still only qualify for the same discounts as someone who spent $99, and you still can only discount 30% off of an existing sale.

IK could fix this, and offer users with X amount of products sliding discounts like Fabfilter etc. or at least heavy discounts for completing a package etc. Anyway I like the products, the web page is about as bad as it gets, and in general the been counters at IK are insane.

Yup pretty much look at any other software seller for a better upgrade policy IK.
murnau
KVRAF

5501 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from the old Arkham Asylum

Postby murnau; Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

The poor upgrade policy for many old customers is also the reason why their GBs are always very successful imo: It's the only way for us to get at least something worth the money too. :tantrum:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
Bombadil
KVRian

1222 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

shidostrife wrote:

with the currency difference and extra discount, price with max jampoints used is almost the same as JRRshop, only you don't need to use jampoints for the latter.

I'd suggest increasing the limit of jampoints that could be used, at least to be cheaper than retailers by noticeable margin.

Yes I know. I was being ironic.
Illegitimi non carborundum
systmu
KVRist

254 posts since 6 Feb, 2015

Postby systmu; Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

I would like it to at the very least just to start with bundles. If you have a bundle you should have a discount to the next version like literally every single company in the business. Your upgrade should also not be the same price as someone who has never bought anything or a new customer. If you have T-racks Max you should have a discount to T-racks Max 5. 4 New plugins out of 40 is a 1/10th increase in the total products and with that you are making all your loyal customers buy the complete bundle again, at full price which is the same price you are charging new customers. It makes no sense.

I've spent a lot of money buying software this last year and I know I have a problem with it but even so I'm not going to spend money buying software I already own. It's just not going to happen. Thanks
shidostrife
KVRian

538 posts since 22 Nov, 2016

Postby shidostrife; Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Bombadil wrote:
shidostrife wrote:

Yes I know. I was being ironic.

ouch, sorry mate :hihi:
Bombadil
KVRian

Postby Bombadil; Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Afaik, IKM's standard answer to existing customers has been 'jampoints are the reward for loyal customers.' Then the % dropped from 50% to 30%, which basically covers VAT, and not much more. I haven't bought anything from them for a while now, and probably won't, especially after finding ST3 keyswitching to be unreliable in Logic 10.4 (only VI I've experienced any problem with ks mapping to the new Articulation system).

Anyways, carry on.
murnau
KVRAF

5501 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from the old Arkham Asylum

Postby murnau; Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Bombadil wrote:Afaik, IKM's standard answer to existing customers has been 'jampoints are the reward for loyal customers.' Then the % dropped from 50% to 30%, which basically covers VAT, and not much more. I haven't bought anything from them for a while now, and probably won't, especially after finding ST3 keyswitching to be unreliable in Logic 10.4 (only VI I've experienced any problem with ks mapping to the new Articulation system).

Anyways, carry on.

That is the way IKM handle wishes&requests from their customer base. It wasn't possible to use the Jampoints during sales in the past so they came out with this solution. In the end what we expect? They are Italians. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
Bombadil
KVRian

Postby Bombadil; Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

They're businessmen. They do what they think is best for them. I, as a (now better informed) consumer, do what is best for me. It is that simple.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5553 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

JamPoints cover up to 30%. If that covers tax that your government requires us to charge you, I'm sorry to hear that but that's something to take up with your government.

You should also be charged the appropriate tax for your location via dealers in the US - again, something to discuss with your government as we do not make the laws nor will we violate them since we are indeed a business and would like to stay in business.

30% off is a discount that many do use and we do get positive feedback about JamPoints from many of our customers. We are also working on other efforts that should make our loyal customers happy, I look forward to sharing those with you when I can.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
twisted-space
KVRist

286 posts since 9 Dec, 2006

Postby twisted-space; Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Couldn't agree more.
machinesworking
KVRian

1189 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle

Postby machinesworking; Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:30% off is a discount that many do use and we do get positive feedback about JamPoints from many of our customers. We are also working on other efforts that should make our loyal customers happy, I look forward to sharing those with you when I can.

I'll take that as a win for IK finally realizing that the pretty much industry standard of 55% to 70% is much higher than what they offer upgrades wise.

IMO if an item costs $200 and X company releases a version 2.0 of said item that customer should always be able to pay $50-$80 for that item, not be offered it for $150 for anyone for 4 weeks, then offered it again 6 months to a year later for $99 then be able to use Jam points to get said item for $70. < That scenario is exactly how I've purchased every upgrade I've gotten from IK. I basically have to wait almost a year to get the upgrade at what I can get upgrades for from nearly every other vendor.
I think the only thing Jam points are good for is license transfers, since you get no special upgrade pricing for owning something you bought off of someone else. Thing is IK already charge for the transfers so it's an extra layer of protection from the customer, there's nothing I can say positive about it when it comes to larger purchase.
The only way it works in the customers favor is in situations where an existing sale and jam points can be used together, but again it just drops the price into every other developers upgrade pricing range.

I'll give IK this though, the price was fixed at an actual upgrade pricing for the ARC 2 microphone, and Jam points could be used to purchase. It was the only time I bought something from IK where it was as encouraging of a deal as you get from other companies. I buy ARC 1 on sale for $149, the mic is offered to ARC 1 customers for $69 and I was able to use Jam points on it. Actually getting an upgrade from IK at a real discount, hardware even. If that happened all the time I would be singing IK's praises, it's not the software that's an issue here. :)
BERFAB
KVRAF

6029 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

dandezebra wrote:I really like some of their products but haven't bought anything from them in years... I imagine it is the same for A LOT of people.

Yup. I'm one of those people. I could've been lured back with an open wallet if they'd thought to make it worth my while, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Frankly, every time they do something like this, I do wind up buying some of their competitor's gear because it puts me in the mood to shop around. There's so much other great stuff out there now for not a lot of money, I just figure I'd make my own little discount.

And yes, Jampoints are nice, but they're already factored into the cost of gear for those of us who've been IK customers for years. If the IK marketing dept. wants to make us feel special, then do something SPECIAL.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5553 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 am Re: IK’s Upgrade for All Special! Pay the upgrade price for everything - limited time only

We've added a Krazy Deal for this weekend too:

Legendary American tones at an unbeatable price

Take advantage of this Krazy Deal from IK - from February 16th through 19th, you can get original Fender Collection for just $/€24.99 from the IK Online Store, AmpliTube Custom Shop or select music retailers. That’s 75% off the normal retail price of $/€99.99, but only for a limited time!

Learn more on our web site
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)