Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Odd that several things are missing from the Ultimate Bundle including Equinoxe and Sirius.

thejonsolo wrote:Odd that several things are missing from the Ultimate Bundle including Equinoxe and Sirius.
Kind of defeats the "Ultimate" term, right!?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

thejonsolo wrote:Odd that several things are missing from the Ultimate Bundle including Equinoxe and Sirius.
Yes I noticed that too. Yet, the differences between the synths are not pronounced enough so I would not buy a pack with synths that are so much alike.

I'll stick with Tarkus and Equinox. Tarkus for the analog flavor and a specific character and Equinox for the JJ sound.

I love Sirius but I own them all except for Equinoxe and really like all of them. They all have a similar sound to echo what has been said but that sound they have works with what I like to write.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

I snagged the Synth Bundle and Equinoxe after playing with the demos a few days. There is enough interest in each to make it interesting. Sirius didn't strike me as much as Tarkus did, so I didn't get it...at least not yet.

Equinoxe comes with the Drum bundle and makes for really good value. The sounds are great...except Laser Harp. OPX Pro II has me covered there, heh. Though I try to avoid doing Jarre (been done to death) he was such a craftsman at sound that I gravitate towards those sounds despite my music being different.

Stefken wrote:the differences between the synths are not pronounced enough
I asked from the dev, what's the difference between all those synths. He answered.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
I asked from the dev, what's the difference between all those synths. He answered.
And ? :ud:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
I was afraid that no one would ask :D

"The Equinoxe has slight modifications over the Ultimate as the sounds are more geared towards classic analog sounds produced by Jean Michel Jarre. The Sweep Filter on Ultimate has been replaced for Digital Reverb on Equinoxe and Equinoxe also has the addition of a 4-Pole Moog Filter.

Performer and P80 look similar but are quite different under the hood. Performer is more geared towards live playing as P80 is more sequencer oriented but both contain classic analog sounds.

Professional and Trance-Pro are identical apart from Trance-Pro Oscillators are not smoothed at the peaks and product a brighter sound which makes them sound more digital and grainer which is perfect for Trance sounds.

Tarkus and Sirius are identical apart from the Filters. Tarkus has a State Variable Filter and Sirius has a 4-Pole Moog Filter. Again, both synths have lots of classic analog sounds but Sirius sounds like a Mini Moog but using a Korg MS2000 block diagram for the sound structure."

Halonmusic wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
:lol:

It's a well kept secret. :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

chk071 wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:

It's a well kept secret. :)
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
I was afraid that no one would ask :D

"The Equinoxe has slight modifications over the Ultimate as the sounds are more geared towards classic analog sounds produced by Jean Michel Jarre. The Sweep Filter on Ultimate has been replaced for Digital Reverb on Equinoxe and Equinoxe also has the addition of a 4-Pole Moog Filter.

Performer and P80 look similar but are quite different under the hood. Performer is more geared towards live playing as P80 is more sequencer oriented but both contain classic analog sounds.

Professional and Trance-Pro are identical apart from Trance-Pro Oscillators are not smoothed at the peaks and product a brighter sound which makes them sound more digital and grainer which is perfect for Trance sounds.

Tarkus and Sirius are identical apart from the Filters. Tarkus has a State Variable Filter and Sirius has a 4-Pole Moog Filter. Again, both synths have lots of classic analog sounds but Sirius sounds like a Mini Moog but using a Korg MS2000 block diagram for the sound structure."
I see. Not a lot of difference but ok. So Sirius sounds more like a Moog than a MS2000 ? :?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

egbert101 wrote:Do those changes merit a new synth that must be bought? It does seem like the entire collection could be reduced to a few synths with additional features. I guess, he wants to make money by pushing similar synths with a few changes, but I don't think it's a particularly good way to go about it
Wondering the same, why not just make one synth with switchable filters and settings?

But considering the price, I don't really give a crap if it's a new synth for different filter. Products are nice and price per synth is few cups of coffee so..

Distorted Horizon wrote:But considering the price, I don't really give a crap if it's a new synth for different filter. Products are nice and price per synth is few cups of coffee so..
That is where I was on it.

I think Superwave was a family business, and part of the family
had problems, and the rest of the family is trying to make a comeback.
How this all plays out will depend on the skills remaining or gained
by those making the 'comeback'. Hopefully new products will be released
based on new tech and knowledge. The many instruments can almost
be considered extra soundsets at good prices.

I like P8 better than the commercial demos, P8 seems to have more
bass and richer mids, and a better use of reverb, maybe it was a better sound design
environment, or had better preset creators, but it's a fine sounding synth.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”