Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
audientronic
KVRian

1056 posts since 30 Mar, 2012

Postby audientronic; Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Only took me a couple hours to get the license from Uncle. :)

Oh, and thanks for all the thoughts on this thread, very helpful...
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm

I got it before, all authorized, lovely..

Thanks Uncle! and PSP of course for a true no brainer.
heffus
KVRian

1075 posts since 3 Aug, 2005, from Chicago

Postby heffus; Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 pm

The price on this is calling me, but I don't really do anything resembling "mastering". Great price, but I don't want to buy it just for the price. A little late to demo. Decisions, decisions.
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Heffus, if you decide no.. you can surely re sell it for $41 LOL which is the JRR price.

it is NOT just for mastering.. it is when you want an ultra clean no coloration comp.. i.e.. to do nothing other than compress levels... that's why they also include a smaller low latency tracking version of it. It's really good. I have wanted this for YEARS, and i just didn't want to pay $250 for a single plugin. At this price, i rushed to get it.
heffus
KVRian

1075 posts since 3 Aug, 2005, from Chicago

Postby heffus; Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 pm

You convinced me. Bought.
griffin
KVRist

172 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Postby griffin; Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Just about to get this from JRR and i must have missed it, it was still $49 not 2hours ago, damn i was really likeing the demo as well gutted
:(
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm

If Heffus doesn't like it he will sell it to you :hihi:
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

3561 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

griffin wrote:Just about to get this from JRR and i must have missed it, it was still $49 not 2hours ago, damn i was really likeing the demo as well gutted
:(

Hopefully some people will sell theirs in time. I am really liking it, getting use to it. I can't say its essential in my mixing yet but I did realize after getting it that I actually don't have anything quite like it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, HIVE, Spire, DIVA, Sylenth and others
Sequent
KVRAF

2783 posts since 13 Feb, 2001, from What do you care? :)

Postby Sequent; Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm

TheoM wrote:it is NOT just for mastering.. it is when you want an ultra clean no coloration comp.. i.e.. to do nothing other than compress levels

+1 Theo!
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

3561 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Just wanted to post some feedback on this comp.

Today I was working on a complex dance mix. My strategy was to keep the masterbus as open as possible but at the same time make the track louder, in particular getting the synths to sit right up front in the mix. I have a number of compressors at my disposal and I might use 3 in succession with very small GR amounts on each. Such as Vertigo, Glue & Alpha. I also recently have been experimenting with the FG-X comp.

I find the FG-X to be very transparent but not very fast with no options for side-chain etc. It's ideal for small reduction right before the limiter on some mixes.

So I made a point of trying out the Master comp some more as it is so flexible. I put it in FAT mode, Enabled Smooth mode and set it to peak. I set the side-chain to filter out low content. I can't honestly remember how much GR it was doing though but it was under 5 dB I think, probably around 3dB.

I was really pleased with the result, it's able to create a lot of movement in time with the beat and add a lot of loudness between peaks. It's extremely clean, I didn't even use the dry/wet mix knob.

The track started to sound like a commercial master. It's not like anything else I have and I can fully understand the high price tag ($249 I think right?) this is a serious business Mastering comp.

I don't know how I feel about it for mix duties yet though, simply because I haven't used it enough in that context or felt the need to lately.

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, HIVE, Spire, DIVA, Sylenth and others
nicksohn
KVRist

454 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Postby nicksohn; Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 am Re: PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

Now it is 29bux.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22214 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 am Re: PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

nicksohn wrote:Now it is 29bux.

Does it use iLok now?
Endor-8o8
KVRian

892 posts since 29 Apr, 2012, from Paris

Postby Endor-8o8; Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:30 am Re: PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

thecontrolcentre wrote:
nicksohn wrote:Now it is 29bux.

Does it use iLok now?

It shall be updated for Ilok considering PSP is willing to migrate to this authorization system.
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."
perpetual3
KVRist

190 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:22 am Re: PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

Any need for this if one has Kush Novatron?
Endor-8o8
KVRian

892 posts since 29 Apr, 2012, from Paris

Postby Endor-8o8; Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:00 am Re: PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

MasterComp is a very different beast than Novatron. Novatron is all about vibe, saturation and color. MasterComp is about transparent and clean Bus/Mastering compression duties.
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects