Sylenth won't load if ImpOSCAR 2 x64 loaded already

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I cant load the Newest version of Sylenth if the Newest version of ImpOSCAR2 is loaded already.
Using Newest version of Cubase9.5 pro etc on Windows 7 home.
Please see attachment for PC spec.

Blue circle goes round & round forever.

Have reinstalled both products but problem persists.
Also Sylenth is in it's own folder.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

This has most likely nothing to do with ImpOSCAR, but is a bug that very rarely occurs on Cubase on Windows 7 on big projects.
Same one as this: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=497373

At this point we still don't know what's causing it and we have not been able to reproduce it, so we can't locate the problem yet.
We do know that it happens on Windows 7 only, so at this point your best bet would be to install Windows 10 (or 8 ).

Furthermore the following things may be related:

- using old 32bit plugins bridged in Cubase 64bit.
- having multiple different versions of Sylenth1.dll in your VST folders (make sure there is only 1 Sylenth1.dll in all your VST folders!)
- using certain anti-virus, firewall or debugging software that could interfere with Sylenth1. Try uninstalling those to find the cause.
- using certain plugins that could interfere with Sylenth1.

Also you could try uninstalling Sylenth1, then re-installing it in a (different) sub-folder in your VSTPlugins folder. That might fix it also.

I hope that helps and please let me know if it did (or did not)!

Hi Lennard,
Thanks for the quick reply.

There are only 12 virtual synths loaded so a fairly small project really.

Have been in contact with Graeme at Gforcesoftware.com please see below :-

Hi Mike,

Can you tell me if this happens in an otherwise empty session? So make a blank project, add one instance of impOSCar2 and then test Sylenth. I'm in contact with Lennar Digital. They believe it could be a resource issue on a "big session". So let's check the simplest session we can.

Regards,

Graeme

Will do as suggested this weekend as busy with work till then.

Installing Windows 8 or 10 not plausible as PC was built in 2010 by SCAN https://www.scan.co.uk/ & this would slow it down way too much to be a useful DAW.

Will let you know the result this weekend.

Kind regards
Mike

As I expected, it runs absolutely fine here on Windows 7 with Cubase 9.5 and impOSCar2.

Hi Lennard,

Something strange going on.
Maybe a Windows 7 / Cubase issue.

Can load both on empty project.
But not on above project.

Stranger still if I load empty project & activate it.
Then load above project but not activate it.
Copy all midi etc. onto empty project.
I can then load Sylenth1 & Imposcar 2.
Both work fine.

My thought process is that there must be some corruption in original arrangement but hope this has solved the problem. :)

Save in different folder under different name.
Exit arrangement & Cubase.

Start Cubase 9.51 & all OK.

Then click on loading the Newly named arrangement from the new folder.

Blue circle again forever. :(

This is as far as I have tested so far.

Will look into soon.
Kind regards
Mike

Could you maybe remove as many tracks/plugins from the project, but make sure that it still has the problem, then send it over to me?

Could this be fls related?
Does the project perchance have any arturio plugins? Not near my computer now to send u fls links but you can google fls cubase to find some stuff. Try a new project and slowly add back all the plugins in the previous one and see if the problem persists.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Hi Lennard & zvenx,

I think I have solved it. :)

The version of Cubase 9.51 I'm using was downloaded on the day it was released by Steinberg.

Today I opened Cubase whilst connected to the internet & dowloaded the same file.
No apparent difference in size or version from the original.

Now I can load the above project including Sylenth1 & Imposcar without any problem.

Possibly a glitch on original install or Steinberg have somehow changed the version I had.

Thanks for all your help & support :tu:

Kind regards
Mike

Glad it worked out.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “LennarDigital”