Smooth pop tune (Mikkels Hus)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

good song, lacks high end sizzle, vocals too mid bassy.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It is good. I disagree with those critiques though.

I think what you may (or may not) want to do with it depends on taste and your overall genre (/goals) beyond this song. :)

Thanks for listening. Glad you like the song. :)

Nice little pop tune. I'd agree with layzer on the vox. I think you want those vocals to be just a little bit clearer and more frontal, without being in your face.

Right now, the vocals are a bit buried under the instrumentation in the first verse. The vocals could just be popping out just a little bit more. Some high end presence would help in that regard. As might a bit of EQ on the instruments to create a bit of space. Compare how much better the vocals stick out around 2:20 or so because there's a little bit less going on in the vocal frequency range.

A trick that I sometimes use, and that might work here to create just a tiny bit of space is to sidechain the vocals to the synth or synth bus, and just have the sidechain turn down the volume of the synth(s) a little (1-2 dBs maybe) when the vox come in. That can help retain that feeling of the vocals being enveloped by the instruments. You probably want to keep that here. But definitely try EQing and adding a little presence to the vox first. Might be all it takes.

But yeah, they key takeaway has to be that it's a good little pop tune.

Thanks sjm

Very nice song. The only con, as already mentioned by others, is the somewhat muddy vocal part. Here you could definitely improve the song. The whole rest is just great. Liked the guitars very much. Cool stuff.
Greetings
HM

Sounds good to me. Nice work ... I enjoyed it.

Nice catchy song.

The singing is good but the vox would sound better if processed differently as noted previously. Some drum fills would help too.

Great job. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”