Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zenophilix wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:
tooneba wrote:Revival of Sonar
That should prompt another thread: which company should take over and resurrect Sonar in 2018?
Given the Windows Only aspect of Sonar, Microsoft themselves would seem like the ideal Suspect no?
They’ve been trying to appeal to professionals with Windows 10 and they even were scouting for audio programmers here a while back so it wouldn’t be too crazy. They certainly have more than enough money to pull of a purchase.
I don’t know, just speculating.
I'm having a really hard time arguing with this idea. If not Cakewalk, then something else eventually. Only a matter of time before Microsoft releases(read: buys) a DAW and pushes it like crazy. As far as Sonar goes, I'm pretty happy bumming around with Home Studio. Using Live Lite caused me to rely pretty heavily on plugins, so as long as I have those 64 tracks I'm good. Tempted to pick up Reason Essentials as well, unlimited tracks for a "lite" DAW is pretty rad.
MS have already bought and killed at least 2 Daws
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Which ones?

Bars n Pipes and another one I forget the name of.

Ok, not DAWs but sequencers

All this talk about sonar, when sonar was actually crap compared to the others, because it was over complicated and cumbersome to use.

I wasted 2 years trying to make good with sonar, then thankfully baled.

MS would be fools to buy it.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:All this talk about sonar, when sonar was actually crap compared to the others, because it was over complicated and cumbersome to use.

I wasted 2 years trying to make good with sonar, then thankfully baled.

MS would be fools to buy it.
Please. Please don't try to start another DAW war. There's no "best DAW," and nobody is going to have the same way of thinking you do. Everyone's got a different workflow, if everyone had an identical workflow there wouldn't even be a DAW market, we'd just all use Pro Tools or something.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

TBH, i always found Sonar quite cumbersome too though. Not sure if it'd be REALLY wise for Microsoft to go down that path... i also doubt that a peitition would change anything about that. I mean, how many votes are they expecting to get? A couple of thousand max. 1 million have voted for the implementation of Google synchronisation in MS Outlook, and it's still not happening.

According to MF, it will happen soon:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... ar&index=4
Available 03-13-2018

Or it could just be a goof
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:
According to MF, it will happen soon:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... ar&index=4
Available 03-13-2018

Or it could just be a goof
I'm legitimately curious now. Even though it probably is a goof.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilx
Please. Please don't try to start another DAW war. There's no "best DAW," and nobody is going to have the same way of thinking you do. Everyone's got a different workflow, if everyone had an identical workflow there wouldn't even be a DAW market, we'd just all use Pro Tools or something.
Don't panic :wink:

All the same: Why did they go bust?

It sure wasn't through the pursuit of excellence, or happy users singing their praises.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

While everyone is talking about MS buying Sonar, I think it would be more interesting if they bought Project 5.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Sonar offered at some point to buy a lifetime updates for free. Maybe not enough money to get afterward. So they will relaunch and kill the lifetime updates.

By the way, I'm looking forward to Studio One 4. This is a fast growing DAW, and with good reasons.

Shuffle34 wrote:Sonar offered at some point to buy a lifetime updates for free. Maybe not enough money to get afterward. So they will relaunch and kill the lifetime updates.
What do you mean by "killing the lifetime upgrades"? Isn't that dead already, now that they're bust?

Im sick of the tiny pointless incremental upgrades from Steinberg, and charging the earth each time to do it.

Cubase doesn't need so many point upgrades, they were pointless in V5 , when Cubase 10 hits, I wish they'd take a back step and make a bigger more complete product, and iron out errors they have now.

Sick of Steinberg full stop tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

It will be revealed that INTRANCER already refined every single DAW to perfection back in 2014 by utilising the deep features of MS Paint but a huge conspiracy has meant his hard work has covered up and ignored.

It is believed the conspiracy involves all the DAW manufacturers and hundreds of coders in a bid to deprive us of the the most perfect DAW versions.

The reason is believed to be they would no longer have upgrades to charge for, resulting in loss of revenue and the collapse of the DAW market.

The other cited reason being that the proposals INTRANCER has spent the last decades working on for many minutes each day are turd.

Some believe he was the mastermind behind Babya Logic and DubTurbo.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”