Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone has a spare Biotek license they want to pass my way, it would be warmly received. I can swap my AudioThing 50% discount voucher if its transferable.

Shuffle34 wrote:
machinesworking wrote:I already own Ostinato Brass and Strings. What of their other libraries would go well with that?
The everything bundle is really tempting, but I need to be aware that taxes are due, (self employed, I always owe).

It would be great if I could sell my existing libraries since they're included in the bundle. Doesn't look like Sonokinetic allow transfers.
If you already have a brass and a string library, maybe you could check their Woodwinds Ensemble. I recently got the Embertone Woodwinds Ensemble bundle deal, which is still on sale, so you might also consider this as an alternative to Sonokinetic woodwinds.

I'm also looking for the Sonokinetic big bundle deal. By the way, this is not their everything bundle, but 25 of their products.
I don't know that I would equate Embertone's woodwind bundle with Sonokinetics woodwinds ensemble. Embertone's bundle is mostly ethnic winds, other than the Herring Clarinet. This is not to say they are not great for what they are. But Sensual Sax is closer to something found in Sonokinetic's Noir. Think KennyG.

Sonokinetics WW's are orchestal in nature. Lots of articulations and things like runs and trills. Only the four main winds instruments - Flutes, clarinets, oboes and Bassoons. They sound pretty good. I picked them up during the holiday sales, but haven't had much time to really play with them. They only negative, well, some think it is a negative, is that they are an ensemble of 3 of each instrument. So no solo instruments. But since I have a number of solo instruments, I like the sound of the ensembles. I think they are actually 3 players, not a single player times 3, if that makes sense.

OK, obvious question from the Plugin Alliance Pick 10 Plugin Pack thing: can your voucher be used to pay for the $29 a month?

I have a guess that the answer is no but I haven't researched it.

dandezebra wrote:OK, obvious question from the Plugin Alliance Pick 10 Plugin Pack thing: can your voucher be used to pay for the $29 a month?

That would be just too awesome, unless of course they discontinued the vouchers all of a sudden.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

dzilizzi wrote:
Shuffle34 wrote:
machinesworking wrote:I already own Ostinato Brass and Strings. What of their other libraries would go well with that?
The everything bundle is really tempting, but I need to be aware that taxes are due, (self employed, I always owe).

It would be great if I could sell my existing libraries since they're included in the bundle. Doesn't look like Sonokinetic allow transfers.
If you already have a brass and a string library, maybe you could check their Woodwinds Ensemble. I recently got the Embertone Woodwinds Ensemble bundle deal, which is still on sale, so you might also consider this as an alternative to Sonokinetic woodwinds.

I'm also looking for the Sonokinetic big bundle deal. By the way, this is not their everything bundle, but 25 of their products.
I don't know that I would equate Embertone's woodwind bundle with Sonokinetics woodwinds ensemble. Embertone's bundle is mostly ethnic winds, other than the Herring Clarinet. This is not to say they are not great for what they are. But Sensual Sax is closer to something found in Sonokinetic's Noir. Think KennyG.

Sonokinetics WW's are orchestal in nature. Lots of articulations and things like runs and trills. Only the four main winds instruments - Flutes, clarinets, oboes and Bassoons. They sound pretty good. I picked them up during the holiday sales, but haven't had much time to really play with them. They only negative, well, some think it is a negative, is that they are an ensemble of 3 of each instrument. So no solo instruments. But since I have a number of solo instruments, I like the sound of the ensembles. I think they are actually 3 players, not a single player times 3, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the replies people. I'm ridiculous with orchestral libraries, which is silly considering I mostly do experimental electro industrial rock, but hey this is a GAS forum right? :hihi: I've got East West Symphonic Orchestra PLatinum,Kevin Hunter Concert Strings 2, Cinesamples Brass and Strings, Ostinato Brass and Strings.. along with Komplete Ultimate string and brass libraries. Looking at this as I write it I should be looking at their choir, and maybe their Woodwinds to accent the ones in the East West library.

Well the phrase libraries are really helpful, especially if you don't do much orchestration. Not only does it give you a starting place, but it also allows you to drag and drop the midi from the majority of the phrase libraries into your DAW to use with other instruments or orchestras. That was a big thing for me because I don't play a lot of orchestral instruments and so have no idea how to really do the midi for them.

That said, if you are going for the choir and the Woodwinds, you might as well get the bundle. It has Capriccio - my favorite (it is a mid sound, kind of an all around library), Minimal, which is light and had nice phrases and Maximo which has cool loud phrases - kind of action phrases.

Either way, I understand EWQL woodwinds are the only thing no one recommends. So the Woodwinds are a good deal.

Unless, of course, you are like me and have too many to make it worthwhile......

dzilizzi wrote:Well the phrase libraries are really helpful, especially if you don't do much orchestration. Not only does it give you a starting place, but it also allows you to drag and drop the midi from the majority of the phrase libraries into your DAW to use with other instruments or orchestras. That was a big thing for me because I don't play a lot of orchestral instruments and so have no idea how to really do the midi for them.

That said, if you are going for the choir and the Woodwinds, you might as well get the bundle. It has Capriccio - my favorite (it is a mid sound, kind of an all around library), Minimal, which is light and had nice phrases and Maximo which has cool loud phrases - kind of action phrases.

Either way, I understand EWQL woodwinds are the only thing no one recommends. So the Woodwinds are a good deal.

Unless, of course, you are like me and have too many to make it worthwhile......
I'm trying not to spend $499 here! :x :hihi: :hihi:

I've got a week and a half to come up with my solution before the sale is over. I really like sample libraries, but I really hate the fact most are not transferable. It's a huge let down, because well, you end up with a lot of repeats. :?

This is true. And if you have a bunch, it may not be worth getting the full bundle.

It was just if you were getting the Tutti Vox and Woodwinds, you are spending about $419, so for another $80, if you don't have something in the bundle? It might be worth it. The rest is just throw away stuff that you got for free, if that makes sense.

I'm guessing that I'm too late to the party, but if anyone still has a free BioTek license that they want to share, I'd love one. :D

How in the heck are people getting these BioTek licenses? Is there some kind of conspiracy afoot?? :borg:
A well-behaved signature.

What is this free biotek license thing people are talking about? The synth looks cool, anyone got another one to give up?

Just scroll this thread a back, a little.

Harry_HH wrote:Just scroll this thread a back, a little.
yeah, just did it. I see what's going on now :) That's pretty nice of AVID.

Well, if anyone wants to spare a license, feel free to PM me. I'd really appreciate it. I know it's a long show though.

Also, I'd be interested in a trade of some sort as well.

Thanks!

ATS wrote:
dandezebra wrote:OK, obvious question from the Plugin Alliance Pick 10 Plugin Pack thing: can your voucher be used to pay for the $29 a month?

That would be just too awesome, unless of course they discontinued the vouchers all of a sudden.
Of course not as literally you would get 10 high priced plugin for free or at least $4 a month ($116 at the end). Also keep in mind that you have to pick up the 10 plugins right from the start same at checkout where you have to choose your pay opotion now for the next 2 years and 5 month..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
ATS wrote:

Of course not as literally you would get 10 high priced plugin for free or at least $4 a month ($116 at the end). Also keep in mind that you have to pick up the 10 plugins right from the start same at checkout where you have to choose your pay opotion now for the next 2 years and 5 month..
Makes me wonder whether this is the replacement for the voucher model actually, they did only report one flash sale for this month and then introduced this the weekend after it finished.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”