Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This isn't a good deal pricewise. This rent-to-own model itself is of course brilliant and i would immediately jump on it for 29 x $15.. ..no doubt. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

29 month is too long !!!!

Russell Grand wrote:You make some good points jens and I think for many people it's a wise choice to pass up on the plan. However I honestly don't mind paying for PA stuff because they're great quality and they're some of the last plugs on my list to get.

As for what I chose, I picked the remaining Unfiltered Audio plugs that I still don't have, the 2 3D audio plugs they offer, some SPL stuff, and a few others. You're right, though, PA plugs are pretty damn expensive. Lol. But yeah, overall I'm still happy with the plan. I got some nice goodies to mess around with tonight!

Oh and I already have Amplitube Fender! :hihi: :P
Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing. :-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

hivkorn wrote:29 month is too long !!!!
You can save alot if you die before. :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
You can save alot if you die before. :wink:
LMAO

:D :D :D

It means you have to pay 28 long months for them after your GAS-induced joy of having them will have disappeared. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

long time customer, love the plugins, great company.
i went through the wizard interface just for fun, but there's barely 5 plugins i don't own that would even make it worthwhile.
not sure who the target market is, but I can buy ANY plugins from their whole catalog cheaper on the KVR marketplace, possibly even during one of their own frequent sales.
seems a tad retarded.

totally agree, that is crazy.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would love to see something like this from fabfilter
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Would love to see something like this from fabfilter

I would do that for the right price no question.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I's a decent deal if someone can't or doesn't want to wait for the big sales.
You potentially pay $850 instead of $3000 for instant access to high quality plugins.
However, a 2 and a half years commitment sounds "a little" unpleasant.

I couldn't find one I'd pay $80 for let alone ten......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think these kinds of deals only work best for companies who tend to stick to their pricing 'guns', only possibly occasionally offering moderate discounts.

In PA's case, they offer monthly vouchers which can be used against regular, huge discounts. And while you won't get access to them right this minute, over the 29 months you could probably end end up saving more.

The only way I see this working is if you have been wanting 10 of their high-priced plugs, but have, until now, had no way of affording them. However, 29 months is a stupid amount of time to be held to a commitment. And what of all the new-shiney that they will release in the next 29 months? Perhaps they'll allow stacking multiple 10/29/29 plans :scared: :scared:

It's a great deal for people with limited income that don't already have the most expensive plugs. At least you own them at the end unlike subscription plans. There will still be flash sales and vouchers so what is there to complain about?

Return to “Effects”