AIR/inMusic hacked - sending spam

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A heads up as I guess a lot of people will be getting the same thing. I just got a spam email purporting to come from AIR using an email that is registered with them containing links to some crappy meditation program and "secret" Russian research - so 9.5 on the dodgy scale.

It's not just a Joe job - the links go to a Numark.com subdomain (merv.numark.com) and appear to have come from a slightly different Numark subdomain (db01), but which resolve to the similar IP addresses that are operated by Rackspace for Numark according to the WHOIS record. The IPs are 67.192.158.163 and 67.192.162.140.

The spammers have set up an Interspire mailer on this subdomain by the looks of it. Numark is an inMusic brand, so I'm guessing the hackers/spammers got into multiple parts of the inMusic empire.

Obviously, don't click the links or at least alter the tracking tags so it messes up their database (however, Interspire is sneaky about link formatting so most changes will result in it throwing up "invalid link").

And get ready to complain to their hosts.

inMusic hacked... ha ha... i hate that company. Just a collection of brands bought cheap when the real companies failed.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Good thing I'm on gmail.

Bad thing I own many inMusic products :dog:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”