Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recourt wrote:It's a great deal for people with limited income that don't already have the most expensive plugs. At least you own them at the end unlike subscription plans. There will still be flash sales and vouchers so what is there to complain about?
If i would have such a limited income the last thing i would think about are how to get expensive plugins. :D

Also, nobody complain as this is a public forum and if you don't like to discuss with people who may have a different point of view then you are simply wrong here.

I'm a little bit tired of people always riding this dead horse "what's to complain about?" i mean really that's your argument? Sorry, on this basis you can't talk with others.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

if you are on "limited income" why on earth would you want to add a $29 a month bill to your problems?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

problem will end a day !

ATS wrote:if you are on "limited income" why on earth would you want to add a $29 a month bill to your problems?
Especially as you'll end up paying more in the long run. AFAIK, if you buy one PA product on discount, you get a $25 voucher, once you have that you can pick up a lot of discounted plugs for under $30 a month which is way cheaper than $84 per plug.

Patience is generally a much better way of getting what you want at a cheaper price than a rent-to-own model

The only way to PA to earn money with this rent to own would be to let down their monthly discount..

hivkorn wrote:The only way to PA to earn money with this rent to own would be to let down their monthly discount..
Just mentioned this on the bargains discussion thread literally seconds ago, only one sale this month then this new plan begins.

I think this is the end of voucher.

shonky wrote:
hivkorn wrote:The only way to PA to earn money with this rent to own would be to let down their monthly discount..
Just mentioned this on the bargains discussion thread literally seconds ago, only one sale this month then this new plan begins.
Hello to all!

I hope they will keep the monthly voucher thing but i'm afraid the plugins will never reach the low price tag during sales again.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

shonky wrote:
They already had reduced sale activities last month ... so, clearly, they also know that this does not work together with insane sales .

Clearly, this is a much smarter way to generate monthly income than the sales they had over the last months ....

best

Reduced or not: If they still keep at least one sale a month and hold the voucher thing i can live with that. It's still better then what many others do with sales only two times a year and no vouchers at all. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Reduced or not: If they still keep at least one sale a month and hold the voucher thing i can live with that. It's still better then what many others do with sales only two times a year and no vouchers at all. :)
This.

I really hope PA does not ditch the monthly vouchers. :pray: Rent-to-Own is admittedly a nice addition to their business model, but as put earlier, 10 plugins for 29 months is way too long unless they can prove their products will outweigh anything else coming up during that timespan. I hope they add, say, a 5-plugins-12-months alternative as well as other possibilities. If they're going to bin the monthly vouchers, I wish they'd come up with somekind of alternate reward system for customers who have sticked with them for years. Otherwise I'm afraid they'll just lose a lot of their clientele to other plugin manufacturers and vendors. Love their stuff, but sometimes just can't fully comprehend what is behind their business reasoning. Still, this is just the introduction of a new model, so nothing else to do than wait what they end up with.
Last edited by InkSFX on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

So PA is losing money by the looks of things on this deal.

A person could go in, pick the most expensive 10 plugins and only have to pay $841.

Im not great with math but this seems like a bad business strategy.

Since its credit card payment only, maybe the CC companies give some kind of payment to vendors who do this.
:borg:

This is the dumbest offer I've ever seen. I'd rather buy 30 Waves plugins for <$29/ea., and own them immediately, than 10 from this hodge-podge of vendors. Or buy 10 and put the $600 you saved towards something you really need, like a vacation.

KEv

To add one missing (?) point to the discussion, I don't quite get what any of this gives to those people who already have all or most of their plugins. If they ditch the vouchers or other rewards, that is. Sure they're going to introduce new products every once in a while, but I don't see that happening more frequently than usual.

They still offer normal buy option. It's just additional option. How you can mad on additional option that nobody force you to use? It's free market. You don't need to use 'rent to own' but still people crying about it. Like wtf? 'Mommy mommy! I'm mad because some company have offer that I'm not interested in! Buuuu!' Monty Python could make a movie about this :D

Return to “Effects”