Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Martinjuenke, Bftucker, Thanks!

Teksonik, I'm glad you posted today, I've been meaning to ask you if you ever solved your problem with getting multiple MIDI signals to modulate on the same dial such as PW and AT?

Hi Fathom, the latest update sounds incredible but the cpu is through the roof for me on my mac, high Sierra. One instance can get upto 40-50%.
Maybe it’s just my machine is too old but I don’t have any other plugins that are so cpu hungry.

simmo75

Hi. Tell me your host, save and send me the preset, and export and send the midi sequence,
and I will take a look.

Will do! Thank you.
It could just be my old iMac.

FathomSynth wrote:Ah ha, someone's been getting deeply into the envelopes!

You know its funny, I absolutely agree with every single one of your suggestions here.

Especially the loop start line, that would be so useful.

Also, others have asked for the envelope transport position line so that is good also.

OK, these all go into the feature list, I'll try to get them in an upcoming release!
Excellent! Many thanks :D

Ya know....I kinda miss the orange highlites on the delay and envelopes.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I hear ya, I think I will make the colors changeable with a color picker on the settings page.

SM, Just played through your new preset bank ... Absolutely Amazing! :phones:

The presets are getting even more sophisticated and multi-layered,
but surprisingly none of them had CPU over like 25% which is really nice.

I really like some of the new evolving pads with some rhythmic elements mixed in,
Also like the new trance rhythems, I think people will love that.

I'll put this new bank in today's release.

I think for the first release of this bank I'll place them in a separate folder,
so ppl know which are the new ones. Then in the next release I'll move into your bank folder.

Also, I think this set deserves a KVR News Item,
especially since it includes 11 completely original new Wave Tables (Yikes !!!) :party:

Teksonik wrote:Would it also be possible to have a "Simple ADSR" Module that just shows four knobs please ? Sometimes you just need a simple envelope and I can see at a glance from the knob positions what the Env is doing...slow attack, long release etc. Much easier than having to use the multi-breakpoint Env's which are great for more complex Env needs..... :)

+1

This perhaps courld be a separate modulator.

FathomSynth wrote:SM, Just played through your new preset bank ... Absolutely Amazing! :phones:

The presets are getting even more sophisticated and multi-layered,
but surprisingly none of them had CPU over like 25% which is really nice.

I really like some of the new evolving pads with some rhythmic elements mixed in,
Also like the new trance rhythems, I think people will love that.

I'll put this new bank in today's release.

I think for the first release of this bank I'll place them in a separate folder,
so ppl know which are the new ones. Then in the next release I'll move into your bank folder.

Also, I think this set deserves a KVR News Item,
especially since it includes 11 completely original new Wave Tables (Yikes !!!) :party:

You are verry kind. Fathom is a joy to program and deep enough to. keep one inspired a long time.

While browsing another forum I frequent I noticed people having an issue with the current fathom mono release. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php ... ost1955938

The problems seem similar to what I was experiencing with the full version of Fathom when the switch was made to the MD library linking.
The free mono version does not seem to have an option for an alternate build MT version download. So is the free mono MD builds only?
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Hi

I am having big problems getting the free64-bit to run in reaper.

i7 8700k, 32Gb Ram, Windows 10 Pro.

To debug I have a 64-bit reaper running as a portable version. Nothing in the VST scan path except the folder for Fathom as extracted from the .zip file. The vst does not show up in the fx browser at all.

If I click the "do not scan for vst names deprecated)" item, and then rescan, it does appear in the list but when selected it comes up as offline and won't run nor can it go on-line.

I have done all combos of run as admin to no avail.

If I include the path for the 32-bit version of Fathom, then rescan, this version WILL load and run just fine, but bridged.

Any ideas why I cannot run the 64-bit version of the VSTi?

Any help would be grateful.

Cheers,

Rob.

Frostline, Thanks for alerting me to that thread.
I think I may check it regularly like I do this one and try to provide some direct support.
Seems there are still a lot of problems in Reaper.

I test in Reaper 64 bit here with no trouble, but I'm still on Windows 7, could be a Win 10 issue.

Doctorbob, I'll try to get to the bottom of this issue for this next release 2.7.
If necessary I'll make a Win 10 build.

I wonder if the MT build would fix this, I may send you a beta link for the poly MT build and you can try it.

Thanks there - looks like a win 10 issue - those who report it's OK are all win 7.
Looking forward to letting loose on my audiobeast!

Any ETA on a Win 10 build? Would a static library build for the free mono 64-bit be a possible solution - I can test that of course. the odd thing with Reaper is that it does not even register in the fx list unless I use the deprecated switch. Generally Reaper is pretty good at handling VST's, so I am quite surprised that there are issues. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it ...

Cheers,

Rob (aka doctorBob)

PS Any link can be PM'd - no probs.

FathomSynth wrote: I wonder if the MT build would fix this,
I think it might.
I deleted previous Fathom (needed to update anyway) and downloaded the mono version.
It didn't show up in Reaper(5.70).
Deleted that and downloaded and installed the full 2.60 update alternate build.
It loads fine.
So something besides polyphony is different between the two versions. :shrug:
Though if it can't be fixed maybe the Reaper using OSC participants will be allowed use the poly version if they have it already. :troll:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Return to “Instruments”