New VST from Admiral Quality: Stunning Phaser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ccDuckett wrote:"Stunning Phaser"? NUBi3's NXTPhase goes from "Stun" to "Kill" (and looks the part too)! Image
That looks cool too! How's the sound? And where do you buy/demo it? I tried following a link to the Nubi3 website I found somewhere but it looked Chinese and not about plugins.

I found this on an OOOOLD hard drive...

hopefully i don't get blasted for sharing it.
:P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

and here's a desaturated GUI for Stunning Phaser.
Stunning Phaser Desaturated.jpg
Not sure about Windows, but on OSX you can just right click, view the .vst contents and paste the files into the resources folder.

Les Whinen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sqigls on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The original NuBi3 Phaser can be found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200611150843 ... wnload.htm

Just click the link to download, 'Save As'' just seems to save the page itself.

And here's the NuBi organ if anyone's interested:

http://web.archive.org/web/200604180521 ... .nubi3.com

sqigls wrote:and here's a desaturated GUI for Stunning Phaser.
Not sure about Windows, but on OSX you can just right click, view the .vst contents and paste the files into the resources folder.

Les Whinen
Looks good :tu:

I've been using Poly-Ana for years now. Soundwise it's still one of my favourite VA Synths and I've got used to the original GUI that much that I now actually quite like it. Yes, that includes the vintage rotary knobs for modulations. :D

My eye sight is pretty good though.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
sqigls wrote:and here's a desaturated GUI for Stunning Phaser.

Les Whinen
Looks good :tu:
cheers, just desaturated it in Gimp. and changed the hue of the yellow led.

I'll save the rocket surgery for when it's out of beta. Whenever that may be.
Might then just totally plagiarise the NXTPhase GUI :P
Actually, it will probably be kinda photo realistic, but still DIY style.

Nielzie wrote:...Soundwise it's still one of my favourite VA Synths...
that's the most important thing.

It's a bit of a bummer (yet predictable) for people to miss out on a pretty fecking lush sounding phaser, only because of the beta GUI. A bit silly really.

david.beholder wrote:
plexuss wrote:Because of the UI? LOL Maybe. :)
I mean buying from developer with such past experience doesn't sound like a good idea.

But yeah, UI would be 4d for this one soon.
When I look at this thread the issues have more to do with other members of this board.

I like the sound AND the gui of this one.

I like both GUIs too. Been getting lost in the PA demo for months and just got both of them bundled (SP is FREE with Poly-Ana!) Great deal and they sound AMAZING together!

Thanks for the links I'll check out NXTphase. Now I have two "trek" phasers! :lol:

rasmusklump wrote: When I look at this thread the issues have more to do with other members of this board.
Definitely he got banned because of us. Nothing to do with his personality.
Murderous duck!

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

yeah the Admiral is a grumpy bastard, but whoop de fecking doo.
The phaser is the dogs rattlers, and it's very affordable.

at least he doesn't rape kids.
Surely KVR isn't really too concerned with the character of who codes the plugins if Kjaerhus are still listed here.

Hands up who gave money to the kiddie fiddler...?

not me

anyways, let's not send this to HPC.

Thank you for the background information into why the Admiral was banned. Let's move on...

The Admiral has made an exceptional phaser, there's some very interesting controls in there. I like the HPF and superslow rates. I believe the GUI's on a promise to be revamped although on repeated viewings it doesn't seem quite so awful anymore. Price is right.

make your own GUI, it's easy peasy.
at least the BG.

The new envelope follower additions are definitely asking for some tweaking.

Return to “Effects”