Soundbridge Free DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SoundBridge DAW

Kenmac wrote:Yep, SSDs help a lot. :) I'm using Soundbridge on Windows 7 with a 2 TB 7200 R.P.M. hard drive. The thing is, other D.A.W.s like Logic, Cubase, Tracktion, Reaper, etc. don't need to scan all your plug-ins every time you start them up and I'm hoping that the Soundbridge devs will sort this out along with cutting down on the C.P.U. usage.
Hi,

SoundBridge adds all plugins to cache memory after the initial opening for the majority of users.

A small number of people have claimed that it's not caching properly, but it's been really hard to diagnose as we are unable to replicate the bug on our side.

Could you please contact us again at support@soundbridge.io so we can learn more about your system?

Best,
SoundBridge

A DAW is like marrying. You are bound to a certain workflow and have to live with its restrictions for years. Free as in beer should not be part of the decision ever, because the time you spend to learn it, is the most expensive part of that marriage. A divorce will always be expensive...
Free as in speech is a criterium, but not the only one for me.
That business model alone would be a nogo, no matter what tool is behind it...

Tj Shredder wrote:A DAW is like marrying. You are bound to a certain workflow and have to live with its restrictions for years. Free as in beer should not be part of the decision ever, because the time you spend to learn it, is the most expensive part of that marriage. A divorce will always be expensive...
Free as in speech is a criterium, but not the only one for me.
That business model alone would be a nogo, no matter what tool is behind it...
Well said. For me, the online requirement is a problem, as I prefer to have an offline setup on a computer optimized for music production.

Is there a user forum for this?
if there isn'y i can't use this. i have searched for help and it's to much hard work.
i quite like the idea and the stuff i have seen is neat. but as a seasoned Daw user i start to get pushed away from using something if every function is a chore to discover.
eg. the interface is all scrunched up on my screen. so i have to scroll to find the 'edit' windows. ( even then you have to scroll in the right place).
here's the most simplest example.
if i create a midi clip and then click or double click, nothing happens.
this is what i would think should be baked in to any daw.
the idea is nice and i wish you all the luck with it.
if the learn time was less i would probably be more enthusiastic about it.
but hey, it's just an opinion.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”