How do you feel about...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A system where individual clips could also be routed where you wanted to route them to. For instance in the browser a tab woukd show you all audio clips you have in your project, and you could tick a setting in there that overrides just the clips routing , that way you could keep multiple clips on one track that are not all routed with that track. Ooo I'm drooling. It makes slicing drums on the arranger that much better...otherwise I have to make 6 damn tracks when I slice my drums because I like to process them all AF once.

Who knows a way to route each one of my instruments in muktisample or drum rack to its own track?

Or in the drum rack If there was a feature to deconstruct it after writing in your midi so it expands to the arranger giving each pad its own spot, while keeping the midi. That way you could now pitch.

But yes...in a clips/audio clips settings to be able to tell bitwig what track you wanted it routed to, overriding the track its actually on, would be MAGNIFICIENT.

odix wrote:A system where individual clips could also be routed where you wanted to route them to. For instance in the browser a tab woukd show you all audio clips you have in your project, and you could tick a setting in there that overrides just the clips routing , that way you could keep multiple clips on one track that are not all routed with that track. Ooo I'm drooling. It makes slicing drums on the arranger that much better...otherwise I have to make 6 damn tracks when I slice my drums because I like to process them all AF once.
How would that help? You'd still need to have 6 tracks with different effect chains to process the clips?

One idea that can help you - put a Drum Machine in an Instrument Layer and copy it several times. In each copy leave only those instruments, that you want to go to common effects (e.g. 1st is kick, 2nd is snare, 3rd is hihats, 4th is other percussions - obviously put those samples to different slots). This way, you can still sequence your drums in one track, but in each Layer you can put separate chain of effects.

And BTW, please stop posting posts like "How do you feel about..." or "I can't find this...". The post title should include short information about what is the topic and not be a teaser or a click-bait :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

will do...

it helps tremendously when breaking up an audio clip...say you could just slice the clip, click that slice, and now route it to its own track, while basically keeping it within the original clyp(just broken up now). I come from FL and its a feature called make unique, it really is such a great workflow thing.

In bitwig I have to slice it up; and then create the tracks.

I think audio clips should be able to just bypass being routed within a track, but just audio clips...and there should be a tab for adding FX to just that clip. How awesome would that be ? So you have a list of the audio clips on the left and you click it, and you just get like EDIT and DEVICES below, as well as override track its on check. It makes breaking up an audio sample a snap and gives you room to play.

odix wrote:will do...

it helps tremendously when breaking up an audio clip...say you could just slice the clip, click that slice, and now route it to its own track, while basically keeping it within the original clyp(just broken up now). I come from FL and its a feature called make unique, it really is such a great workflow thing.

I think audio clips should be able to just bypass being routed within a track, but just audio clips...and there should be a tab for adding FX to just that clip. How awesome would that be ? So you have a list of the audio clips on the left and you click it, and you just get like EDIT and DEVICES below, as well as override track its on check. It makes breaking up an audio sample a snap and gives you room to play.
I'm sorry, but you sound to be hell-bent on turning Bitwig into a copy of FL, which (I hope) won't happen. FL is a mess workflow-wise, in particular with how clips, tracks, patterns and detached.

Also, have you even considered the solution I gave you? It might not be a very FL-like thing to do. Actually it's even simpler - once you split your samples to Drum Machine cells, you can simply put unique effects after each Sampler in each cell. I really don't see how that's complicated.

Why did you switched to Bitwig, if FL is so great?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

odix wrote: it helps tremendously when breaking up an audio clip...say you could just slice the clip, click that slice, and now route it to its own track, while basically keeping it within the original clyp(just broken up now). I come from FL and its a feature called make unique, it really is such a great workflow thing.
I don't think I would like that feature... then when looking at a track, I would never know what was going on with a glance

antic604 wrote:One idea that can help you - put a Drum Machine in an Instrument Layer and copy it several times. In each copy leave only those instruments, that you want to go to common effects (e.g. 1st is kick, 2nd is snare, 3rd is hihats, 4th is other percussions - obviously put those samples to different slots). This way, you can still sequence your drums in one track, but in each Layer you can put separate chain of effects.

If I understand you correctly this is another way.

I learned this from justin3am on this forum when I was looking for a way to save Drum Kits with their own send/return for bus FX like I did in Live with the IO section in Drum Racks.

One midi track with individual sends for each sound within a group, which you can save to bring into any project at any time. Only thing to remember is that you have trigger or "activate" each chain/pad of FX's once before you can hear the FX each time you load it up, or the project.

It's a work around but I've been happy with it considering Drum Machine has no IO section like Drum Racks.

I have no idea what OP is talking about though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

antic604 wrote:
odix wrote:will do...

I'm sorry, but you sound to be hell-bent on turning Bitwig into a copy of FL, which (I hope) won't happen. FL is a mess workflow-wise, in particular with how clips, tracks, patterns and detached.

Also, have you even considered the solution I gave you? It might not be a very FL-like thing to do. Actually it's even simpler - once you split your samples to Drum Machine cells, you can simply put unique effects after each Sampler in each cell. I really don't see how that's complicated.

Why did you switched to Bitwig, if FL is so great?

not even close to what im doing and look at what youre doing...i am saying some things some daws do better than others. This is all a workflow thing. You act like borrowing from FL is bad at all. Bitwig pulls from a lot of DAWS - but all the other daws have alias clips/mirror clips except Ableton. I dont want an Ableton clone, I wont a DAW that steals from all the rest of them to make something better...letting a user turn on or off something like that and routing individual audio clips separate frmo the track just gives more versatility...the question is why not ? Your workflow isn't the same as someone elses, so give choices. I came to Bitwig for the CPU/Modulation fresh take on the process - so far I see Ableton but more colorful and the browser and track info have switched sides.

If not route clips different than there track, so I can group my drums on one track - a feature where you could consolidate your slices to a new track with one key command would be f**king awesome. "consolidate slices to new audio track" - that way I could slice up a drum or anything take what I want.

odix wrote: not even close to what im doing and look at what youre doing...i am saying some things some daws do better than others. This is all a workflow thing. You act like borrowing from FL is bad at all. Bitwig pulls from a lot of DAWS - but all the other daws have alias clips/mirror clips except Ableton. I dont want an Ableton clone, I wont a DAW that steals from all the rest of them to make something better...letting a user turn on or off something like that and routing individual audio clips separate frmo the track just gives more versatility...the question is why not ? Your workflow isn't the same as someone elses, so give choices. I came to Bitwig for the CPU/Modulation fresh take on the process - so far I see Ableton but more colorful and the browser and track info have switched sides.

If not route clips different than there track, so I can group my drums on one track - a feature where you could consolidate your slices to a new track with one key command would be f**king awesome. "consolidate slices to new audio track" - that way I could slice up a drum or anything take what I want.
Bitwig is far far from an Ableton clone...

and just because one DAW has a feature, does not mean that feature fits the paradigm of another DAW.

Having each clip have its own routing and FX would be a visual nightmare. Take a look at a track and you would have no idea what does what.

We already can group tracks. Group a bunch of tracks and it acts similar to what you are asking for... except it is visually clear.

I mean no offense, but it's my impression is that you would benefit to spend time learning to use Bitwig for a while, before asking for all sorts of things to be transplanted from elsewhere.

Myself, I don't want a frankenstein DAW.

Well, certainly per-clip effects à la Sequoia wouldn't hurt.

ejgallego wrote:Well, certainly per-clip effects à la Sequoia wouldn't hurt.
Wouldn't hurt... I question whether it helps though.

Seems to me using group tracks is a more orderly and visually clear way of doing the same thing.

If you had a number of tracks each with a set of clips with their own FX, in the Mixer you would have no idea what was going on. That makes the Mixer far less useful as a project overview.

Using grouped tracks, one can unfold the group in the mixer, and see how the whole thing is organized... see all devices, enable/disable. You can also apply FX to a set of sub-clips, not just one clip. And of course clips on separate tracks can overlap.

Return to “Bitwig”