[POLL] What next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

What do you miss the most?

Advanced tools in the piano roll (scrub, velocity ramp, chop, strum, stretch, etc.)
22%
Musical scales highlighting (per clip configurable)
12%
Chord/harmony track
7%
ARA(2) integration
5%
Automation clips including automation generators and modifiers
9%
Linked/ghost/alias clips
6%
Track comping
9%
Access to the modular development tool
8%
Video track
5%
Groove quantize with custom templates
11%
Other? (describe)
6%

Total votes: 844

RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: ability to use my own playing and extract the tempo map
Melodyne does this very well in S13, so perhaps you should vote for the ARA integration ;-)

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... ntegration
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
pdxindy wrote: ability to use my own playing and extract the tempo map
Melodyne does this very well in S13, so perhaps you should vote for the ARA integration ;-)

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... ntegration
I'd rather have the functionality in Bitwig... not a separate application, no matter if well integrated

jarnold wrote:ReWire would be nice.
+1

It needs all of those sadly. Better time stretch to and for gods sake change the click and drag copy clip to be regular. The mouse release thing pisses me off ;)

Actually, I really wish there was a way to clear up arranger because it just gets too busy for me. I guess I could just copy and paste from another test project but I dont know.

Having access to your midi clip that your audio clip came from on a hybrid would he cool! Like it will sit invisible there even after you bounce just in case you need it to make a change. Making a whole mother track just to mute doesn't make a lot of sense. It could be like an automation lane but just for midi clip.

Also zooming sucks IMO!

And too bad we couldn't make a certain clip goto any mixer track...I hate putting every single instrument on a different track. In FL I would stack some and just color code them. Really pointless for like vocal chops to have so many different tracks and the work around isnt the best either.

Of course, this all comes with alias clips. Clip linking woukd TRULY set Bitwig apart from Ableton so many would jump ship.

Oh and a simple way to copy a clip. Do I really have to grab the pointer, highlight it, cntrl d fetch that put it somehwere or try and copy and paste perfectly? How about just clicking a clip and shift clicking the playlist. Makes life so much easier.

Alt-drag copies a clip

You can also just Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V anywhere in the playlist.

All I really care about is improvements to sampler to make it usable (like crossfades), and a couple midi improvements like being able to filter the channel, and also having the notes record the midi channel that was received like all the rest of the DAWs do that use multichannel midi. But I don’t think they really understand the importance of this last one.

So I guess Other.

- groove templates

- crossfading loop on the sampler. The sampler is actually very powerful if you understand how to use modulation. The only place it is weaker than Ableton's is the lack of a crossfade.

- visual scripting of controllers for non-programmers - should be a window/page in the opening splash menu

- ability to map record quantization on / off & level to a key or knob - I hate having to menu dive for this in the middle of a session

- support for microtuning, scala etc

- 'modulation receiver' that works the way the audio receiver does - as it stands the only way to move modulation outside individual tracks is by using MIDI or grouping all the instruments in one track

- ability to set default preset for modulation tools (unless I missed how to do this) - bit of a pain constantly having to change the waveform on the LFO or bring values to 0 etc

- ability to save groups of modulations that are already interdependent - again, bit of a pain to have to constantly drop an LFO, then route it to the sample & hold, then route that to one side of the mix, then an lfo to the other side - would be great to just drop a preset of modulations into a device

Other than that I'm good, this is like the dream DAW I love it

bolba wrote:You can also just Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V anywhere in the playlist.
Thats slow. I wasnt to just click my clip, then click somewhere on the playlist. Fast, simple, workflow approved.

^Seriously? Holding down alt is too much a hassle? Too slow? It takes the same amount of time as pointing and clicking, plus it sure is simple. Also, copy and paste is just as fast, if not faster for multiple copies. It's simple as well. :nutter:
-JH

Actually one other thIng - I want to be able to use the surface pen and not have the multitouch stuff come up, which is impossible to use with pen. Ruins the whole experience.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Actually one other thIng - I want to be able to use the surface pen and not have the multitouch stuff come up, which is impossible to use with pen. Ruins the whole experience.
That's on Windows, not Bitwig :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Odix, I understood already that you have heavily degraded after using of FLStudio,
but please, can you minimize your activity on that part of forum?
No one is going to turn Bitwig into FL for you, just use what works best in context.

Can you explain how can you copy/paste selected areas of project quickly with one click? Or multiple clips?
Something, hardly doable in FL.

Ability to save channels (or create) by default. I use time shift every time and every time I have to add it manually.

Return to “Bitwig”