Announcing Waveform 9 Public Beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Go get it guys - its now live :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Should we uninstall the 9 beta before installing the full version?
Thanks

Steve Bolivar wrote:Should we uninstall the 9 beta before installing the full version?
Thanks
It shouldn't matter.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

dRowAudio wrote:Thanks, Ubuntu 16.04 on a real machine is really the only thing we can actually investigate (that setup has also been reported as fine by several other users on here).

Ironically, on one of the dev forums somone was investigating a performance issue: https://forum.juce.com/t/difference-in- ... 8-10/26421

It turned out copying a file within the VM was around ~180 times slower...
What I can say... Ubuntu 16.04 on real hardware and same issue. A little digging with strace shows a lot of stat() calls, which weren't on Waveform 8.
I wrote a bugreport at https://tracktion.zendesk.com/

Thanks. That helps a lot in narrowing down the cause...
Can you try the following please:
1) Go to the "Settings" tab
2) "File Locations" page
3) Disable "Plugins" -> "Automatically check for newly added plugins"
4) Close and restart W9

Does this help with performance?
If so, what paths do you have in the plugin search paths listed here?

dRowAudio wrote:Thanks. That helps a lot in narrowing down the cause...
2) "File Locations" page
4) Close and restart W9

/home/kv/VST
/usr/local/lib/vst

Thanks. But it doesn't help.
I think it's not plugin related, because it does this with clean install with empty plugin dirs.
And strace -e trace=%stat shows endless calls stat() on project's subdirs "Archived" "Exported" "Rendered".

Little inconvenience in the Pattern generator...

While in the whole Midi editor everything is measured in beats/fraction of a beat, are the note length in the melody section suddenly in real note values 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc...

Wouldn´t it be better to make this a bit more uniform???

Kott wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Thanks. That helps a lot in narrowing down the cause...
2) "File Locations" page
4) Close and restart W9

/home/kv/VST
/usr/local/lib/vst

Thanks. But it doesn't help.
I think it's not plugin related, because it does this with clean install with empty plugin dirs.
And strace -e trace=%stat shows endless calls stat() on project's subdirs "Archived" "Exported" "Rendered".
Is it a permissions issue? Do these "Archived" "Exported" "Rendered" directories actually get created? It could be that the app is trying to create them but can't for some reason and keeps on trying?

Just a follow up on the Linux issue, I think we're getting closer to the root of the problem and there does seem to be an issue with some files constantly being re-read. Will post more when we have an update.
Thanks for the detailed info on this! Would have been very hard to track down without it!

Hi!
I just swithed to W9, feel happy. Less buggy, more stable than w8.
I have two displays (and got third - touch - in near future).
Is there a way to enable fullscreen feature for all of them? Right now I just drag main window through screens, but fullscreen works for one of them only.
Do you plan to implement more adaptive GUI? For example, I don't need no menus at left, center panel is divided by two screens, and transport panel at right corner is too wide. It would be great to have an ability to change layout or at least to change width of these blocks.

Glad you like W9 so far - and yes, we have big plans for adaptive GUI improvements :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Is there any plans of new beta/release? I still holding my wallet for upgrade to W9 on Linux.

dRowAudio wrote:Just a follow up on the Linux issue, I think we're getting closer to the root of the problem and there does seem to be an issue with some files constantly being re-read. Will post more when we have an update.
Thanks for the detailed info on this! Would have been very hard to track down without it!
Any news on this?

swindus wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Just a follow up on the Linux issue, I think we're getting closer to the root of the problem and there does seem to be an issue with some files constantly being re-read. Will post more when we have an update.
Any news on this?
We have a fix, hopefully posted to public beta today.

Edit: It's there now: https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/ ... rchive?v=9

So this was your (Tracktion Co) first public beta of a pre-release product. Was it useful? Just kind of curious what went well or less than well with your experience - and what we, the users, can do to be even more helpful next time (beyond using it even more and more, of course!).

Return to “Tracktion”