The Revolutionary & ReVisional Design Of Propellerheads Reason 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote:It’s a very busy design. It reminds me of Maya and Sidefx Houdini.
I've been a user of Cinema 4D on the PC since 2001 and even as far back as when it was on the Amiga in the mid 1990's. So for anyone that has dug into the options available with that program, they will know how flexible it is in customisation. Basically the customisation is very similar in how the vision I had allows you to build your interface easily and simply. Essentially it could be as busy or as minimalist as one would want really.

For those curious, here's a video demonstrating some of the options in C4D, there's many ways in which icons and text can be displayed as well as gui color and skinning using bitmaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwpxoxuqqc
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: I've been a user of Cinema 4D on the PC since 2001 and even as far back as when it was on the Amiga in the mid 1990's.
Scott you say that on almost every forum you frequent so something you're clearly very keen on letting people know about. Sometimes it's 2001, sometimes it's 2002.

Let me ask a serious question and I mean no malice but it might help some of us understand where you're coming from with these posts thus you might get an easier ride too. Likewise you're not obligated to answer and you can ignore my post if you wish.

Are you on the spectrum at all?

Cheers

I designed Reason 11 in the first nanosecond after the Big Bang. I did it in crayon.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I designed Reason 11 in the first nanosecond after the Big Bang. I did it in crayon.
Lies, crayon didnt exist in the first nanosecond.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

THE INTRANCER wrote:
v1o wrote:It’s a very busy design. It reminds me of Maya and Sidefx Houdini.
I've been a user of Cinema 4D on the PC since 2001 and even as far back as when it was on the Amiga in the mid 1990's. So for anyone that has dug into the options available with that program, they will know how flexible it is in customisation. Basically the customisation is very similar in how the vision I had allows you to build your interface easily and simply. Essentially it could be as busy or as minimalist as one would want really.

For those curious, here's a video demonstrating some of the options in C4D, there's many ways in which icons and text can be displayed as well as gui color and skinning using bitmaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwpxoxuqqc
Let’s see your 3D models
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Coxy wrote:
No, He's on the Amiga.

I'll get me poorly drawn purple member

donkey tugger wrote:
Coxy wrote:
No, He's on the Amiga.

I'll get me poorly drawn purple member
:hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

donkey tugger wrote:In 2002 I redesigned the penis;

Phew... I am happy to be born before 2002 and have the ORIGINAL design..
not the "tugged by donkey" model !!!!
Sub_mitted for no particular Reason.

THE INTRANCER wrote:Well, my revised vision of it that is... :wink:

There are more screenshots here.... and a full detailed post to supplement it. Seeing as this is a forum about daws, I thought it would be interesting. The design was produced before the official release of version 8.0, with exception to the redesign of the SSL Mixer which was created around the official release time.
When you made the design, did you think anything would later get implemented by Propellerhead? Or that you would start creating a software like that at some time? Just curious.

This is one of the most annoying KVR threads I’ve encountered in while. Not for the negative razzing directed at the OP for posting his reimagining of what he thinks Propellerheads should have made Reason look like, but for the actual title of this thread.

I started reading this thread because I thought it might’ve actually been a post started by a current or former Propellerheads programmer or graphic designer.

At best, the title of this thread is misleading. At worst, totally dishonest.
If I were a mod, I’d have forced a retitling or locked it altogether.

My favorite comment so far: “I think I'd neck myself if I had to use that as my DAW.”
On a number of Macs

v1o wrote: Let’s see your 3D models
My 3D models have been posted on various websites such as CGTalk and 3Dbuzz over the years as well as propellerheads own forum when it was active. Besides peoples requests for 3D design work they want doing, and thus my 3D stuff isn't held on any online gallery's or portfolio's although technically I have access to one on CGTalk. It's pretty much on my own hard drive or cloud space, but I plan on assembling a gallery over the next few weeks of some of the 3D modelling work I've done. I'm working on something pretty big right now...in the 3D modelling area... and so pretty busy.

Most of my recent work over the years has been produced in Photoshop CS6 because it's quicker and more practical than using 3D apps for interface development...although I have modelled 3D instruments entirely within the 3D realm....and in some ways I've built assets in C4D to be used within working interfaces and 2D concepts.

Besides that, I design 3D model elements for my music soundtrack covers, which can be found for over on soundcloud..

Other than that, the themes for my other stuff focuses around science fiction and technical mechanical or real world sort of object based things.

I have posted some 3D sci-fi stuff on here a few months back which you'll find at the foot of this thread viewtopic.php?f=14&t=495844

As for computers.. yes...I did have a Spectrum when it was first released... a ZX81...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

This thread is hilarious. So is supposedly updated Reason GUI proposal. Horrible

I think the OP is a troll of some kind tbh
:borg:

The moral of the story boys and girls?

That's right, spend less time on your graphics hobby and spend more time on your music hobby.

And if you can't conjure up enough attention, simply release an animated .gif design next time.

nerd wrote:
When you made the design, did you think anything would later get implemented by Propellerhead? Or that you would start creating a software like that at some time? Just curious.
They are very good questions....

Did I think they would adapt the idea's and implement them...? Well.. to a certain degree yes, not necessarily in exactly the same way, definitely not immediately and certainly not 100%, 50% or 25% of them...but somewhere between 5% - 10% of them over subsequent years..but who knows what's going to happen by R11 & R12..

The project was first publicly revealed in May of 2015...for the Props to see and in June 2016, Reason 9 was released with a set of 2 additional skins, one of which was remarkably similar in colour tone to what I selected...I didn't really dig into the demo to see what other ideas were used however with having moved to Studio One 3 and being consumed with that.

I use to be one their beta testers for Reason, and even had to print, sign and send NDA forms to Sweden to be allocated a Co-Pilot status after helping to highlight and confirm problems in Reason 7.0, and whether they were solved with subsequent bug fixes. So they do take what I say and design into consideration... and likewise, RE / VST developers...in years past with their designs.
____

As for the prospect of creating software like it.... well you'd be surprised to know how close you are really in a roundabout way (like standing next to an oven door close)...but it is from a different angle of sorts...however more of that in the near future...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”