Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:38 pm How does one refer to another forum user?

Hello, I had the situation a little earlier where I needed to refer to another forum user whose name I know. After using other forum software, I thought that I would need to do some thing like prepending an @ symbol to the name eg. @satasha . That didn't seem to work before (it'll probably work here!!). So assuming this doesn't work, how do I achieve this task?
--
Carl
User avatar
BertKoor
KVRAF
 
10563 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:26 am Re: How does one refer to another forum user?

Sorry, forums do not work like Twitter / LinkedIn / WhatsApp etc.
If you want to make sure to grab someone's attention, you send a PM directly to that user.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 am Re: How does one refer to another forum user?

BertKoor wrote:Sorry, forums do not work like Twitter / LinkedIn / WhatsApp etc.
If you want to make sure to grab someone's attention, you send a PM directly to that user.


Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?
--
Carl
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1186 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 am Re: How does one refer to another forum user?

carlca wrote:Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?



You click on the PM box that's located here under the person you want to PM ---------------------------------------------------^
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 am Re: How does one refer to another forum user?

mcbpete wrote:
carlca wrote:Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?



You click on the PM box that's located here under the person you want to PM ---------------------------------------------------^


Forgive me it was late last night. I didn't notice that at all!
--
Carl

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Site Stuff