Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Satasha
KVRist
 
158 posts since 14 May, 2001

Postby Satasha; Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

In a 32bit host I use an ancient free copy of DR005 to load/play drum hits in .wav format. But now that I am using a 64bit host, I need a 64bit, multiple .wav file player. Preferably it would have pitch, volume etc.

Suggestions?
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8473 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

CWITEC's TX16Wx
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
neverbeeninariot
KVRist
 
38 posts since 3 Feb, 2015, from UK

Postby neverbeeninariot; Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:32 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

If it's just for drums, and non-free is an option then Poise is very good ($49)

http://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/poise/

Or if you need free...

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2016/12/23/grooove-bpb/

If you want more than just drum sample playback, I'll second DarkStar's TX16Wx recommendation - there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it.
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1090 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

I can't quite remember if this free version supports file import or not, but if it does this would be right up your street - https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer%20Small
Halonmusic
KVRian
 
1303 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

mcbpete wrote:I can't quite remember if this free version supports file import or not, but if it does this would be right up your street - https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer%20Small


It doesnt.
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:02 am Re: Message for Satasha

Hello Satasha,

Forgive me for hijacking this thread but I didn't know how to contact you directly, so I searched for your most recent thread. Cast your mind back to 2004 (!) when you asked about delay settings used by Ozric Tentacles. Well, I'm a long-term fan (first saw them in'85 in London, I think) and too have been searching for that mystical dotted quaver driven groove. In the 14 years since your question, did you ever manage to discover any of these long lost secrets, and if so would you be able/willing to share them with me?

I'm using Logic Pro X on an Apple Mac and have been amassing a heap of free and cheap delay plugins, and thus far have managed to get a syncopated rhythm sound not a million miles away from The Edge's sound with U2, which I believe uses similar though more primitive techniques from Ed's cosmic guitar work with the Ozrics.

Don't worry about the software specifics, though, unless you're are using Logic on a Mac of course, it's really the combination of delay effect in the chain that I'm after. A 3/16 followed by a 5/8 kinda thing!

Hope to hear from you!
Cheers
Carl
carl.caulkett@gmail.com
--
Carl
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22325 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

Poise from one small clue, or their freebie Grace ...
http://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/poise/
chk071
KVRAF
 
15795 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

Satasha wrote:In a 32bit host I use an ancient free copy of DR005 to load/play drum hits in .wav format. But now that I am using a 64bit host, I need a 64bit, multiple .wav file player. Preferably it would have pitch, volume etc.

Suggestions?

WHich host exactly? Most DAW's come with a built-in (drum) sampler.
Romantique Tp
KVRist
 
266 posts since 2 Nov, 2015

Postby Romantique Tp; Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:37 am Re: Message for Satasha

carlca wrote:snip


That was almost 15 years ago... Just make a new thread asking the same question.
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am Re: Message for Satasha

Romantique Tp wrote:
carlca wrote:snip


That was almost 15 years ago... Just make a new thread asking the same question.


I have not yet found out how to direct a message to a specific person (I was expecting @user or something similar to work). However, I knew that, 15 years later, Satasha was the OP of the message of interest, so I thought that by replying to Satasha, he/she would be automatically notified. Not so stupid, I'm sure you'll agree.
--
Carl
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4448 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:43 am Re: Message for Satasha

carlca wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:
carlca wrote:snip


That was almost 15 years ago... Just make a new thread asking the same question.


I have not yet found out how to direct a message to a specific person (I was expecting @user or something similar to work). However, I knew that, 15 years later, Satasha was the OP of the message of interest, so I thought that by replying to Satasha, he/she would be automatically notified. Not so stupid, I'm sure you'll agree.


Did you try the "PM " button next to their name?
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 am Re: Message for Satasha

Examigan wrote:
carlca wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:
carlca wrote:snip


That was almost 15 years ago... Just make a new thread asking the same question.


I have not yet found out how to direct a message to a specific person (I was expecting @user or something similar to work). However, I knew that, 15 years later, Satasha was the OP of the message of interest, so I thought that by replying to Satasha, he/she would be automatically notified. Not so stupid, I'm sure you'll agree.


Did you try the "PM " button next to their name?


I've just done that. Just waiting now...
--
Carl
User avatar
reusenoise
KVRian
 
785 posts since 23 Oct, 2009, from Italy

Postby reusenoise; Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

Free,just a valid email for activation
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ritmix ... oundbridge
chk071
KVRAF
 
15795 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

Wonder if the OP will ever get back to his/her own thread. :lol:
carlca
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005, from London

Postby carlca; Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 am Re: Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums

chk071 wrote:Wonder if the OP will ever get back to his/her own thread. :lol:


As long as the subject stays as "Looking for a 64bit Multiple .Wav Player VSTi for Drums", I wouldn't think there would be any problem.
--
Carl

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments