Minimal setup

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got a Tr-09 i am teaming it up with Korg microkorg for pads and stuff Tb3 for bass and Roland A-01 for control. With Alesis quadraverb EBS valve drive and EH double muff. Just to make sure ur ears are bleeding when u leave the room. Anyone tried a setup like this live before

:lol:
Good luck with that.
Sounds more like the first steps on a journey into GAS.

No mixer?

yes i have a mixer wtf has luck got to do with it. :tu:

sometimes i play live with a Novation Circuit and a DSI Tempest.
using my laptop/sound card as a mixer and fx box.
24/96. all sequencing done on the hardware.

maybe the dude was kind of sayin'... "good luck with 'gear aquisition syndrome' ('GAS')"...

oh dear yeah gas nah no more. Having major issues getting them to work with my daw. Sounds good though when it does work. Cannot get asio4all and the tr-09 to work together. Just getting random noise bursts now and again and bizarre slow down in Reaper :dog:

yeah gas moog dfam

Gas is a very unterrated problem. That creativty is addicted to new gear is danger for every subculture in the electronic music.
The Main problem is not that minimal setup that u could use. It´s more the mobbing that you can expect if you not invest in the new ,,Apple Analog Four´´. I can tell you two exsamples by myself. One with hardware and one with software.
I own a 5u Modular because here in Dresden we have the luck with a 5u modular creator(curetronic) The moduls are very classic and without any megaexpand functions (like Multifunctionmodules, one Voice or wavetable) ,

so if i would show someone a new module i could not say, megareverb or hypersequencer or supadupa Wavetable OSC, i could just say. Hey, here is another mixermodule... notthing special you hear the expanded sound only in the complete system.
The Eurorack Scene is more under ,,Gas´´. Cheap Drum, Sequencer, OSC Modules pressed in 2hp. And the case must be filled quickly! It´s an absolutly madness for your money.
There is a meeting in Dresden. The have only Eurorack. No one was intrested in Homemodular and my question after inventation for Software modular users was never answerd... (which leads me to the second exsample)

I´m playing in little band. We meet us one day in month. And it´s fun to play with people but if you to be bullied because of using just a laptop and fill the parts which the ,,Apple Octatracks and Analog fours´´do not play in this moment you feel a little bit frustrated. I mean you want to be part of it but i don´t have the will to invest in 1000,- Euro ticket for only join the community.

Mattt12345 wrote:Gas is a very unterrated problem. That creativty is addicted to new gear is danger for every subculture in the electronic music.
The Main problem is not that minimal setup that u could use. It´s more the mobbing that you can expect if you not invest in the new ,,Apple Analog Four´´. I can tell you two exsamples by myself. One with hardware and one with software.
I own a 5u Modular because here in Dresden we have the luck with a 5u modular creator(curetronic) The moduls are very classic and without any megaexpand functions (like Multifunctionmodules, one Voice or wavetable) ,

so if i would show someone a new module i could not say, megareverb or hypersequencer or supadupa Wavetable OSC, i could just say. Hey, here is another mixermodule... notthing special you hear the expanded sound only in the complete system.
The Eurorack Scene is more under ,,Gas´´. Cheap Drum, Sequencer, OSC Modules pressed in 2hp. And the case must be filled quickly! It´s an absolutly madness for your money.
There is a meeting in Dresden. The have only Eurorack. No one was intrested in Homemodular and my question after inventation for Software modular users was never answerd... (which leads me to the second exsample)

I´m playing in little band. We meet us one day in month. And it´s fun to play with people but if you to be bullied because of using just a laptop and fill the parts which the ,,Apple Octatracks and Analog fours´´do not play in this moment you feel a little bit frustrated. I mean you want to be part of it but i don´t have the will to invest in 1000,- Euro ticket for only join the community.
wtf?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I used to run 3 EMU Command Stations along with a Line 6 Pod and an Alesis Wedge for effects when playing live. That's kinda in the ballpark with your rig.

My minimal setup consists only of Apple Octatracks and Analog Fours. I'm thinking about adding the Megaexpand for my supadupa wavetable osc.
Is this 5u modular available in 2hp? I'm trying to keep things small but still mega.

All kidding aside, I wouldn't call the OPs setup minimal. That is a lot of stuff, if you ever have a problem to troubleshoot. I don't think it really matters how minimal or elaborate your setup is. It's what you can get from the setup, and whether you can use that setup to connect to the audience. On the other hand, if you dig playing with synths and sequencers, it does sound like a fun setup.

I think anything more than a Yamaha QY-10 isn't minimal.

Tj Shredder wrote:I think anything more than a Yamaha QY-10 isn't minimal.
LOL
my take is - anything more than an acoustic guitar isn't minimal

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

"Gas is a very unterrated problem. That creativty is addicted to new gear is danger for every subculture in the electronic music."...

wtf ? indeed.

Aside from the incomprehensibility factor, GAS is a danger to all musicians, electronic or otherwise.

Minimal setup: 1 or, at most, 2 instruments, a mic, amp, or direct box.

"LOL
my take is - anything more than an acoustic guitar isn't minimal"

Yeah, like that.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”