Bitwig not saving Reaktor settings properly?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I save a project that has an instance of Reaktor with Rounds loaded and the poly mode set to "multichord," the poly mode changes to "unison" when I reload the project. This is reproducible in a fresh project every time. The weird thing is if I set the poly mode to "monochord," Bitwig saves that setting properly. It's just multichord which doesn't "take."

When I posted this on the Facebook forum, another user chimed in and said he has a real problem with Bitwig not saving settings properly in Reaktor in general. Has anyone else had issues with this?

I haven't delved into Bitwig enough yet to have gotten a comprehensive idea of how well Reaktor works in it, but this issue does worry me. I used to have a hell of a time with Sonar not saving NI settings properly until they got to the bottom of it and rolled out a fix (but then the same thing started happening with Waves and FabFilter). I'm really hoping I don't start having the same issues in Bitwig but it would seem to have started already.

I'd contact NI but the issue doesn't happen in Sonar or Reaper so I suspect Bitwig is doing something wrong here, and besides I've never had much luck with NI support. Should I report this to Bitwig as a bug or is there some general issue they're already aware of?

I do feel that saving plugin settings is something DAW's should get 100% right with no errors!

Still on Reaktor 5, all working well.
I do feel that saving plugin settings is something DAW's should get 100% right with no errors!
Agreed, sadly bugs are reality.
I'd contact NI first, see what they say. Then Bitwig, pass them the ticket number.

I wonder if it just affects parameters with a certain internal ID. I'll check that out when I get home.

Return to “Bitwig”