A question about Synthmaster

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an issue regarding tuning? It is set to 440, fine, yet when I play A Dm chord, it it actually C#m, which I found out trying to use with another plugin. No transposition in Logic, notes show in the piano roll as Dm, which it isn't.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

B
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Is there an issue regarding tuning? It is set to 440, fine, yet when I play A Dm chord, it it actually C#m, which I found out trying to use with another plugin. No transposition in Logic, notes show in the piano roll as Dm, which it isn't.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

B
Is it that way on every preset you've tried? Did you also try it using an initialized preset?

Yes;
No. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

When I copy the midi region, and instantiate another Sythmaster, and go through the presets, they are in tune with the first.

When I copied the midi region to a new track with Synth One instantiated, they are out of tune, as is anything else I've tried.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Do you mean SynthMaster or SynthMaster One ?

Is Global Tune set to "Equal Tempered" or something else? Make sure it's "Equal Tempered". If you set it to any of the analog synth tunings, it'll be out of tune as expected.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Synthmaster. Will check...
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ok, that was it, thanks. It was, for some reason, set to global 'boomSAM,' although I don't recall changing it from tempered. It is now in tune with Synth One.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”