Lexicon vs Exponential Audio Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i guess this is always a matter of taste but i wonder how those MAGICAL software lexicons are against the R2/4 plugins? i know that the guy behind the R2/4 plugins is originally from lexicon but would you still rate the lexicon reverbs higher and if you would have the R4 plugin would you still get lexicon reverbs and maybe even replace the R4 with em?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Both are excellent.
I have Lexicon native reverb software and use it on every project.
This thread calls for a subjective answer, however truly either of those reverbs (or ones from Vahalla) will work well for you.
Affordability and workflow preferences may vary.

I only have R2, and can't comment on the Lexicon 'verbs, but, R2 is brilliant, and, IMO, also a class better than Valhalla Vintage Verb (which i honestly never quite got warm with it... something unpleasant in the modulation of the tail in Vintage Verb, and with the overall sound).

There's probably 300 pages worth of posts on the forums about this topic if you use the search function.

chk071 wrote:I only have R2, and can't comment on the Lexicon 'verbs, but, R2 is brilliant, and, IMO, also a class better than Valhalla Vintage Verb (which i honestly never quite got warm with it... something unpleasant in the modulation of the tail in Vintage Verb, and with the overall sound).
+1

delete
Last edited by Jax Pok on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big fan of the Exponential Audio reverbs here. Can't compare them with Lexicon, since I don't own Lexicon products. But given Michael's prior work with Lexicon, one would expect the best from Lexicon is leveraged in some form, with Exponential Audio products. And Michael's support is consistently responsive and helpful. Really a very positive, overall experience with Exponential Audio.

I had the Lexicons so have used them a lot.
At the time I thought they were fantastic and objectively they probably still are.
I have all the Exponential stereo verbs.
I think they are fantastic, particularly Nimbus and R4.

One work flow thing to keep in mind about the Lexicon offerings.
There are seven separate plugins, one for Halls, one for Plates, one for Chambers etc etc etc.
Say you have Halls loaded, you want to try a Room on the same source.
You have to load another plugin just to compare.

With the Exponential offerings all the different environments are contained in the one plugin.
That makes it easier and more convenient when auditioning sounds in a mix.
You can jump from Halls, to Plates, to Chambers etc in the one GUI, keeping as many settings as you like the same as you go.

Thx guys. I got r4 but always am interested in lexicons. I also use valhalla plugons but never really found out how to set it up and which plate works best for this massive dark ambient Music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04j6OIl1uqA
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Thx guys. I got r4 but always am interested in lexicons. I also use valhalla plugins but never really found out how to set it up and which plate works best for this massive dark ambient Music
For massive dark ambient music maybe you should look at Valhalla Shimmer or, for more $, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb.

Good luck.

The Lexicons are good and worth a punt on the secondhand market. Expo reverbs sound superb but I dislike the commercial approach (two sets of fees if you sell plugins, the R2 giveaway etc). I'm now happily stuck between Reverberate 2 and Seventh Heaven Professional. Best of both worlds for me.

Caine123 wrote:Thx guys. I got r4 but always am interested in lexicons. I also use valhalla plugons but never really found out how to set it up and which plate works best for this massive dark ambient Music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04j6OIl1uqA
+1 for exponential. If you are looking for an alternative try Eventide 2016 reverb; simple and sounds great.

Listening to the YT track I think I know what you mean.

I dare to say this specific vibey, lush tail that wraps the dry sound so naturally
is a Lexicon property and I use the PCM bundle for it.
With some patience you may find a good offer on the MP.

I also like to mention EA products (I have only Phoenixverb) can be seen as a complement,
for example if a more transparent sound is required.
Since Michael is the creator down the line he may agree or disagree
but I cannot replace Lex with EA and vice versa.

You may find the NI/Softube RC24 / RC48 appealing as well.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

The Ni.ones.are amazing so lush sounding.

Zynaptiq Adaptiverb all the way. You’ll never want anything else for ambient.

Return to “Effects”