Novation SL MkII help needed!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

If this is the wrong place to post this question please let me know, but Novation have closed their forum and I'm badly in need of advice! I bought a second-hand Zero SL MkII a while back, and have a problem with the faders. Most of them are fine, but fader 6 (counting the first fader on the left as fader 1) sends data for both faders 6 and 7 (ie they are linked) and fader 7 sends no data at all. When fader 7 is touched the square brackets appear in the display around the data for the fader, so I assume the software is recognising the fader, but the data values do not change when the fader is moved. This happens when the unit is not connected to any DAW so I assume its a problem with the controller itself and not the DAW, but I have confirmed it with MIDIOx. I've reset all the templates to the factory settings and have updated the OS but the problem persists. If it was just that fader 7 wasn't sending data I'd suspect a hardware issue, but the ganging of faders 6 and 7 sounds more like software to me. Maybe global settings? Anyway, I'm all out of ideas so any and all advice would be very welcome, thanks.

Have you tried it with the latest Novation Automap software and done a firmware update?. Other than that I have no idea what's going on with it.

Thanks Jax, I did update the OS, and as far as I can tell the problem is independent of Automap, ie it occurs without Automap running and in fact even when the unit isn't even connected to any other device! Maybe something corrupted in global settings? But I wouldn't know how to test this.

Have you tried contacting Novation support? I've dealt with them several times on different products and their customer service is some of the best I've experienced. Send them an email.

Thanks Richie, I emailed Novation support before posting to the forum but no response as yet other than an autoconfirmation of receiving my email. Here's hoping I'll hear from them soon!

I just retired my Novation Impulse 61, which is only 3 years old. Pitch bend went wacky on it. I opened it up and disconnected the pitch bend wheel but that made no difference. I finally downloaded MidiPipe to filter pitchbend out. It would have cost me around $300 minimum to get it fixed from one of their authorized service centers. Thanks but no thanks!
Running Logic Pro 10.4 under Sierra on a late 2012 27" iMac wth 24 GB RAM :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”