Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy - EXTENDED!

Up to 10 for the price of 1 possible.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
jinxtigr
KVRian

773 posts since 7 Apr, 2007, from Bellows Falls, VT

Postby jinxtigr; Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm Airwindows Voice Of The Starship: AU & Mac/Windows/Linux VST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFkztXNGeI

TL;DW: Deep noise tone source.

VoiceOfTheStarship

I won't get into too much detail here: I'm sick again and the video hopefully explains things. Just: this is the core of Noise, in maybe a more approachable form. (I'd love to see this in VCV Rack, it'd be a good low-frequency wander for LFOs and things)

It lets you go from regular noise to deep dark noise to purely subsonic rumble. I also used this algorithm for background ambience in my game Counterpart. Now it's open source under the MIT license, so other game projects can have algorithmic noise (better and more flexible than wave files)

This work is supported by my Patreon. And now I will go and try to sleep and rest. <3
funky lime
KVRian

1111 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Postby funky lime; Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 am Re: Airwindows Voice Of The Starship: AU & Mac/Windows/Linux VST

Cool, and great name too. This ought to be fun with using a sidechained gate setup to add some intergalactic rumble to drums, maybe using signal amplitude to modulate the filter so that harder hits give deeper noise. Thanks for sharing!
eytanmich123
KVRist

148 posts since 21 Apr, 2010

Postby eytanmich123; Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 am Re: Airwindows Voice Of The Starship: AU & Mac/Windows/Linux VST

Is there a downside to stacking multiple instances one upon another ? (even with different algos)

Because it seems to me the subtle nature of the processing (and the extremely small footprint) can yield great results with (what seems to be) no penalty.
jinxtigr
KVRian

773 posts since 7 Apr, 2007, from Bellows Falls, VT
eytanmich123 wrote:Is there a downside to stacking multiple instances one upon another ? (even with different algos)

Because it seems to me the subtle nature of the processing (and the extremely small footprint) can yield great results with (what seems to be) no penalty.

I don't see why there would be. Go ahead, should be fine. They'd each have their own random generators and filtration.
dark water
KVRian

887 posts since 2 Jun, 2016
Voice Of The Starship is high quality and very useful Chris, so cheers.
(I've also been checking out a few of your other plugins, which are also top quality and very generous).
Autobot
KVRist

497 posts since 27 Mar, 2013
nevermind
I grew up on a junkyard, where I started to feed from hubcaps and bumpers

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects