2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope is really far out, strange and innovative...
Thanks for this little big gem!

I demoed KScpoe and liked it but thought the price was too high for me. I've gotten some similar use out of Prism although nothing near the depth. Maybe someday if i'm floating in cash i would buy it (and Aether, too. Maybe all of 2C audio.)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

martinjuenke wrote:Kaleidoscope is really far out, strange and innovative...
Thanks for this little big gem!
Thanks. :tu:

Now that we are basically done with the Breeze 2 launch, I hope KS will get a lot more far out later this year. We did a whole lot more work on it in 2016-2017 that you guys have yet to see. :tu:

Is there any upgrade pricing or discounts if you bought Perfect Storm to upgrade to Everything to get the Kaleidoscope stuff too?

zadillo wrote:Is there any upgrade pricing or discounts if you bought Perfect Storm to upgrade to Everything to get the Kaleidoscope stuff too?

yes, sure, please email us...

Andrew Souter wrote: Now that we are basically done with the Breeze 2 launch, I hope KS will get a lot more far out later this year. We did a whole lot more work on it in 2016-2017 that you guys have yet to see. :tu:
This is exciting, yes indeed!
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Can anyone help with the following, Ive just purchased Kaleidoscope 1.10 x64, installed 64 bit version on the rig and getting the attached error.
Capture.JPG
I have dropped a support ticket but eager to get up and running with it tbh.

I have searched for a resolution but the closest I found is in the Breeze 2 thread referring to CPU ISA = 6 and it appears to incompatble cpu with SSE instructions, pre 2011.

Will point out have all 2CAudio plugins running fine; Aether BC2 Breeze 1 and 2.

What am I missing here please?

System specs - 7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram - Windows10Pro x64 / Cubase 9.5.2 x64.

Thanks (sorry for posting here Andy just a little eager to get going).

Looking into this further my rig should be fine
https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/ ... 7820x.html
"Instruction Set Extensions
Instruction Set Extensions are additional instructions which can increase performance when the same operations are performed on multiple data objects. These can include SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions) and AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions).
SSE4.1/4.2, AVX 2.0, AVX-512"

Addum Thanks for the positive online support response Andy and know you're looking into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi MFXxx,

The issue is a CPU-detection issue, where that version of KS did not identify the latest and greatest AVX-512 CPUs. So KS needed an update to recognize these CPUs such as Skylake-X, Xeon W (in iMacPro) etc.

The good news is we already did such an update a few weeks ago. See the next post...

We've posted a new Kaleidoscope Update to the web store. I've labeled it 1.1b in the web store and renamed the previous 1.1 as 1.1a.

The download is available here as always:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

CHANGES:
  • Proper CPU detection for the latest AVX-512 CPUs (Intel Skylake-X, Xeon W (in iMacPro) Xeon SP)*
  • Fixed High Sierra APFS Preset Folder/File Order Issue
  • Fixed Cubase 9.x OSX Blacklist Issue
*note this is simply a CPU detection change -- KS has not been optimized for AVX-512 instructions yet.

All good. Downloaded, installed and working. Thank you for sorting this quickly Andy :)

Off to loose some sleep...work in 7 hours lol - damn you and your efficient support response time :)
Andrew Souter wrote:We've posted a new Kaleidoscope Update to the web store. I've labeled it 1.1b in the web store and renamed the previous 1.1 as 1.1a.

The download is available here as always:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

CHANGES:
  • Proper CPU detection for the latest AVX-512 CPUs (Intel Skylake-X, Xeon W (in iMacPro) Xeon SP)*
  • Fixed High Sierra APFS Preset Folder/File Order Issue
  • Fixed Cubase 9.x OSX Blacklist Issue
*note this is simply a CPU detection change -- KS has not been optimized for AVX-512 instructions yet.

MFXxx wrote:All good. Downloaded, installed and working. Thank you for sorting this quickly Andy :)
Actually we had this one a couple weeks now, but I have to repak the Demo versions to be sure the correct demo preset set it used. So thanks for reminding me! :tu:
MFXxx wrote: Off to loose some sleep...work in 7 hours lol - damn you and your efficient support response time :)
coffee helps. at least for a day or two. :D

nice CPU btw! Can't wait to get KS optimized this this gen! :tu:

I'm currently on the road, working on a new iMac which has High Sierra installed, all the menus in Kaleidoscope (and all other 2CAudio plug-ins) are unsorted/chaotic, presets/images/tuning files - no alphabetical order - what's the trick?

----

and a little Kaleidoscope trio, 3 instances of KS - input sources are filter-modulated white noise and a frame-drum tremolo:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Sampleconstruct wrote:I'm currently on the road, working on a new iMac which has High Sierra installed, all the menus in Kaleidoscope (and all other 2CAudio plug-ins) are unsorted/chaotic, presets/images/tuning files - no alphabetical order - what's the trick?

This is a result Apple's APFS introduced by High Sierra. It was already fixed for Breeze 2, and KS. You can redownload KS from /my downloads/ and re-run the installer and it should be good. B2 and Aether still have to be updated to fix this and it may take until the next major updates for these.

Sampleconstruct wrote: and a little Kaleidoscope trio, 3 instances of KS - input sources are filter-modulated white noise and a frame-drum tremolo:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool
cool!

Andrew Souter wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I'm currently on the road, working on a new iMac which has High Sierra installed, all the menus in Kaleidoscope (and all other 2CAudio plug-ins) are unsorted/chaotic, presets/images/tuning files - no alphabetical order - what's the trick?

This is a result Apple's APFS introduced by High Sierra. It was already fixed for Breeze 2, and KS. You can redownload KS from /my downloads/ and re-run the installer and it should be good. B2 and Aether still have to be updated to fix this and it may take until the next major updates for these.

Thanks Andrew, but the KS version I installed on this new iMac is the latest version and I just downloaded it 2 days ago, I see that the program tree (installed on the internal SSD drive) is messed up, the image/tuning file tree (installed on my portable travel-HD) seems to be working as expected. I'll check some more...

You'd think Apple would have fixed this stupid APFS bug themselves by now

Return to “Effects”