VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

So, is there anything I can do at all?

Unfortunately I can't recommend anything because all the HD 4000 machines I've tested on work fine.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

That sucks, I was really looking forward to using Rack. Maybe an update will fix this, who knows.

@Audence
Don't know if would help for you but for me and my Thinkpad L520 with Intel HD 3000 it works!
https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl/issues/1 ... -317855127
Now i can start some OpenGL applications (eg vcv Rack) which before crashing or gives me a black screen.
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

Is there a resource page with tutorials and systems (.vcv files) that have already been built?

Hemmick Reef wrote:Is there a resource page with tutorials and systems (.vcv files) that have already been built?
Patches: https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/

Tutorials: Stacks of them on YouTube now

lnikj wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:Is there a resource page with tutorials and systems (.vcv files) that have already been built?
Patches: https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/

Tutorials: Stacks of them on YouTube now
Thanks very much :tu:

A quick question for you guys VCV experts: any synth drum/percussion module you’d recommend ? Free / paid / whatever. Thanks!
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:A quick question for you guys VCV experts: any synth drum/percussion module you’d recommend ? Free / paid / whatever. Thanks!
Vult Trummor 2 for drums

Audible Instruments Modal Synthesizer (ie Elements) for physically modelled percussive elements.

Hora Music Treasure and Autodafe Drums are good ones
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Hi Guys

I'm having some issues opening patches from Patchstorage.
Most of the time im getting the error message "could not find plugin..." but all those plugins are installed properly and they are available within the rack.
Aren't patches upward compatible?

"Generative-Ambient-EMoll" by Synthikat for instance :
Unbenannt.jpg
Any ideas?

Ciao
Rico
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

.jon wrote:
nineofkings wrote:
AdamWysokinski wrote:I'm aware of its possibilities. My question is what can it give to me (for designing sounds) that cannot be achieved in DAW with instruments/effects plugins and Reaktor. I can spent time learning it, but would like to know it's worth doing.
You missed the keyword Reaktor there. Currently VCV doesn't offer anything that wouldn't already be possible for him in sound design with Blocks. Don't get me wrong, this is an absolutely awesome project that can become something totally amazing in a short time, but the realistic answer to his clearly formulated question is nothing.

As VCV grows in module selection, matures and catches up on features, choosing between Blocks and VCV will be mainly a question of UI preference.
Well to me the UI matters a lot. In reaktor you cannot see the cables while you are trying to understand and play the instrument you have built. This drives me nuts. Especially in a very complex patch, I simply can't understand what I'm doing if I can't see the cables. I also can't easily revise the choices I have made.

If reaktor would develop front panel patching I would be very happy, and I would have a much harder time comparing the 2 systems. I assembled some large ensembles in Modular X, which Herwe Krass painstakingly developed in reaktor to make front panel patching possible there.

My big question is, is it a better use of my time to explore the infinity of modules and possibilities in either system, or settle down and focus on Aalto, which is a close to perfect single instrument? I usually find the latter much more satisfying and rewarding.

But to each their own. If you need front panel patching, it's g2, wren, softube, Aalto, Kaivo, or VCV.

nerdbeere wrote:Hi Guys

I'm having some issues opening patches from Patchstorage.
Most of the time im getting the error message "could not find plugin..." but all those plugins are installed properly and they are available within the rack.
Aren't patches upward compatible?

"Generative-Ambient-EMoll" by Synthikat for instance :
Unbenannt.jpg
Any ideas?

Ciao
Rico
This is the common error explaining what you are missing from the saved state of that creators patch.

It was created with the first version of rack and saving in your session will clear that error and also from the “manage plugins”you need to add the ML Modules plugins. Close rack and reopen. There is still no real-time plugin addition.

After you add the modules and save the patch the next time you open the errors should clear. Caution this will start to show you some of the paid plugins you will want and personally I’m now about $150into this platform, so watch out! You will get hooked on adding modules it’s SO GOOD!! Also welcome. I own Reaktor Blocks too and this is still the more realistic experience. I like both but vcv rack is on Fire. :harp: :band2: :band2:

exiannyc wrote:
My big question is, is it a better use of my time to explore the infinity of modules and possibilities in either system, or settle down and focus on Aalto, which is a close to perfect single instrument? I usually find the latter much more satisfying and rewarding.

But to each their own. If you need front panel patching, it's g2, wren, softube, Aalto, Kaivo, or VCV.
Sounds like you've answered your own question...I'd vote for Aalto, that's my choice. Aside from VAZ Modular it's my favorite (semi-) modular instrument, after having tried VCV, Tassman, MUX, Audulus, Fathom, KarmaFX, Wren and pretty much everything else. I prefer environments where there aren't a zillion virtual cables in the way of the front panel.

Winstontaneous wrote:
exiannyc wrote:

Sounds like you've answered your own question...I'd vote for Aalto, that's my choice. Aside from VAZ Modular it's my favorite (semi-) modular instrument, after having tried VCV, Tassman, MUX, Audulus, Fathom, KarmaFX, Wren and pretty much everything else. I prefer environments where there aren't a zillion virtual cables in the way of the front panel.
Sure does. That's a really subjective question. What are you trying to accomplish. When i am working on a piece i might use something like Aalto or even Ultra Ananlog but when i am just exploring the world of crazy sound i will use VCV for mildly crazy and Reaktor for really crazy (then i might go back and replace the hard wired or semi modular with the full on modular). Usually haha.
I'm ok with wires in front but it's harder for me to figure out patches in the virtual world than in the physical world where i can fondle the cords.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Modular Synthesis”