bx_delay 2500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another one for delay Aficionados.
<https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... ailer.html>

nordickvr wrote:Another one for delay Aficionados.
<https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... ailer.html>
Doesn't seem to be anything I would spend money on at this point in time. At least looking at the interface, there's nothing unique or really appealing feature wise.
No signature here!

Like often, the interest may reside in the fact it offers many functions under single UI.
M|S processing, Distortion, Filtering, etc.
Doable using couple of plug ins but interesting to have within single one.
I'll demo it at some point.

It's got so many other processors that the delay itself suffers in its simplicity. L/R time, offset, L/R feedback... that's it? Can it do ping-pong, multitap? I can't be arsed to download the PA Installer Manager thing just to look at the manual. What's up with that? I can't download individual installers any more? I don't like what's happening with PA.

They mention that you can modulate the delay time glitch-free, which is really nice. Unfiltered Audio Sandman/Pro does this and it's fantastic. But from a superficial look, it looks like a very basic delay with a unique processing chain after it. Nothing I can't already do with stock plugs, nevermind much more flexible delays. If they beefed up the delay itself then it might be more compelling. MSRP is ridiculous considering Blue Cat Late Replies is $129, but PA stuff goes on deep discount anyway.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:...As with so many other Plugin Alliance products I feel it's considerably overpriced.
Right, must wait for sales + using voucher.

i'll check it out when i spot it for 30-40 dollars in the KVR marketplace.

i emailed them re-installers disappearing from my account...
They are temporarily down and will remain that way for another few days. For now, you can either use the Installation Manager for all of your installation needs or if there are plugins which you are not able to access through the Installation Manager, send me their names and I will forward you the individual installer links for them.

I already have a decent amount of delays (both software and hardware) and I'm already covered, so I won't buy this (maybe in a distant future if there's a no-brainer sale...).

However, the interface looks well layed out and the features cover a lot of needs, I think this could be a go-to device, it should cover a lot of sounds with minimal effort (at least this is what I think by looking at the features, I didn't try it).
It doesn't do everything (for example il lacks multitap), but there is no such delay (though Echoboy is close to that definition).

It's just that I can't justify adding another delay to my setup; but if I was starting just out and looking for a delay, probably this would be a serious contender (except for the price which, in my opinion, is high compared to the features... and, when speaking about delays, the competition is really fierce...).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Another delay for Elton
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Another delay for Elton
:lol: :tu:

Nice to have ducking, envelope filter, transient shaping, Mid/Side but yeah the price is kinda holyshhh

and here's a nice clear and simple Plugin Alliance view of the GUI...

...over various DAWs, in case you didn't know what it looks like over a DAW.
bx_delay-2500.jpg
Is it just me, or is it quite silly that they do this?
EVERY plugin has a giant background of a DAW behind it.
All I wanna see is the friggon PLUGIN GUI, I KNOW what a DAW looks like.

bah, i just think it's really naff and a PNG waste of my slow-ass bandwidth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here you go :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

FXpansion Bloom seems a close rival
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It seems that BCA Late Replies can do much, much more for half the price or so...

Return to “Effects”