the eldritch [epic! ism]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:
fits my mood , a.t.m. ...

cool, glad it worked for you :)
thanks for listening :)

I waited in vain, but Andy never turned up. :x

donkey tugger wrote:I waited in vain, but Andy never turned up. :x

you really wont enjoy the follow up track "here comes the hussey" :P

Nice work. Looking forward to the follow up track. Sounds like a promising title.

at the min, any follow up piece appears to be "inspired" by my pain, so is sounding more like lou reeds "metal machine music" than anything else :hihi:

Relaxing, in a disturbing kind of way.

Good work :)

vurt wrote:

The former chair of the BBC board of governors is an interesting subject for a track, to be sure.

seismic1 wrote:Relaxing, in a disturbing kind of way.

Good work :)
:) thanks.

donkey tugger wrote:
vurt wrote:

The former chair of the BBC board of governors is an interesting subject for a track, to be sure.
:hihi:

"The Eldritch Abomination is a type of creature defined by its disregard for the natural laws of the universe as we understand them. They are grotesque mockeries of reality beyond comprehension whose disturbing otherness cannot be encompassed in any mortal tongue."

OhhhhhK

maybe later

you been looking at my baby pics? :o

I was wondering what 'the eldritch' was supposed to represent and that was at the top of my google search.

I also found that there is British slang 'Eldritch' for a type of personality although I didn't pursue it. My first thought was 'Palmer Eldritch', the psychotic industrialist figure central to "The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch", about a world you can pretty much fully escape from via drug concoctions such as Can-D.

the passage you found is from hp lovecraft, the elder gods mythos, cthulhu and friends :)

however, in the case of this track...
i listen to a lot of conspiracy theory radio, there was a show on the "philadelphia experiment" and it was the ship involved in that (allegedly)

but, from the name coming up they then went on to discuss "cern and dwave computers being used to summon demons/monsters from the dark dimension"
the research they did was a quick google where they found, similar to you passages from lovecraft and decided that they where actual spells to summon the actual elder gods from his stories and that cern was built following his plans.

the name was then in my head as i opened a blank project, so had a think what it meant to me, and yes its a descriptive word for the uncanny, the weird, the strange.. so i tried to get that kind of feel in the sounds.

i should point out, as much of this radio i listen to, as open minded as i am about certain subjects, ufos for example, my mind isn't so open that i believe we are about to be visited by any characters from works of fiction. outside of bumping in to someone at comicon with sewing skills, you are not going to meet cthulhu.
and the queen is not a reptilian.

Return to “Music Cafe”