2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

sqigls wrote:Removing an instance of Breeze 2.0.3 from Ableton Live 9.7 causes the Ableton GUI to either instantly turn completely white, or to be gradually replaced over a few seconds with white rectangles until the GUI is completely white. I can then use the "New" command from the File menu, which loads a new default project, but the GUI stays white until the program is closed and re-opened.

OSX 10.9.5
Macbook Pro Mid-2012 2.7gHz i7
OK, thanks, we will explore. :tu:

an updated version of 2.0.3 (now build 181 instead of 180) is online for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.3 WIN DEMO:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... n_Demo.zip

2.0.3 OSX DEMO:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... X_Demo.zip

Changes:
  • Fixed a minor bug in the "Time Display" GUI code, which could cause host crash on rare occasions, and may have been responsible for other GUI anomalies people have reported.
  • Renamed factory preset folders to "F1 Factory Current" and "F2 Factory Legacy" for cleaner preset listing in prep for additional preset expansions. (changed on WIN only ATM, we will change the OSX names later)
People who have reported any GUI issues, let us know if this helps your case. Thanks.

Previous changes to 2.0.3 (build 180) in case you missed it:
  • AVX-512 Support for the ultimate performance on the most recent CPUs (a market first for pro-audio software?)
  • Other general final optimizations
  • Final Light Mode GUI & Several Light Mode Color Preference presets
  • All OSX GUI Artifacts are fixed
  • Added vertical scrollbar for the Browser page
  • Text Entry Edit States for Knobs, Sliders, and text boxes.
  • Fixed Numeric text entry in Cubase 9.x on Win 10.x
  • Fixed OSX High Sierra APFS file/folder name order issue
[/list]
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The OSX link above is the same as the WIN link.

onerob wrote:The OSX link above is the same as the WIN link.
yes, you are correct. thanks, fixed. :tu:

Hello...thank you for the update.

For my problem, this update worked to solve the issue in Reason. The plugin authorizes and displays properly now.

In Ableton Live however, the problem persists....when the plugin GUI is opened it displays only a large white box.

One change is that the plugin now passes audio....however, I cannot seem to get the GUI to appear.
I tried uninstall, re-install, and install as admin.

Thanks again for working on this issue!

On OSX10.9.5 Live 9.7 the white GUI on removal seems to be fixed.

One thing i want to comment about upon installing this update is that these updates always wipe my GUI preferences each time. Not a huge problem, but it would be nice not to have to re-specify the preferred GUI size and colour profile upon each update increment.

Thanks for the update, I'll test for GUI glitches again this afternoon. Cheers Andrew.

Great! Good to hear.

This will be the official 2.0x launch version. :party:

In the next month or two, we may do another update with additional optimizations (and address any other minor thing remaining new users report). There are one or two things we can still do to make it even faster... you know, just in case you need to run 1500 instances instead of 1000. :o

Plus I'm competitive by nature I guess, and I want to say definitely we are the "fastest on the market. Period. Full stop.", not just "one of the fastest". So there are still a couple tricks that we can do to make it even faster than it is already that we will explore shortly.

...and as mentioned we will start to build more complex structures from all this optimization work as well and make our mega beasts like B2 even more "mega". :borg:

Breeze 2 really is a stunning piece of work bro.
You should be one proud man (two proud men?). I've pretty much abandoned 5 other verbs for this, I can't load them, I just wanna listen to the Breeze. I'd love to hear your take on the more 'vintage' vibes too, plate and spring. I mean, you've totally nailed the future, will we ever hear you through the way back machine?

Also looking forward to a new GUI for Aether... it feels phenomenally cramped after a few weeks with Breeze 2.

Thanks again, awesome stuff!!

I went a crazy with Breeze on this one. This has 5 tracks each with their own Breeze. Sometimes two. ( I use a Soundspot plugin on each track as proof they are functional and sound ok - worth the money in my opinion ). Also N4 AlexB MFC console all around and some other N4 programs for compressors and such.

Each Breeze is using a preset from the Simply Better library which is adjusted to suit the sources. I tried to make them musical so they wouldn't blend into mush. I think it worked out ok all things considered and testimony to the diversity of Breeze.

What else: mastered in-situ. Duration is long, sorry. It probably improves with the aid of a mind altering drug. It's all done at 96/32 and I used Myriad/Goodherz SRC to 44/16 (uploaded to soundcloud). I pay careful attention to loudness and reduction of distortion throughout the workflow. The wind chimes are a field recording of my wind chimes using an iphone and Rode iXY stereo mic.

I don't do "mono compatible". I abhor capitalism. No guitars were used on this recording.

Yes, that's Puremagnetik MalletPak that is on sale for $20 right now. Tube Modulator is what is panning and moving the reverb behind the chimes around the stereo image.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/wh ... -collide-7
Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 11.18.30 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Souter wrote:There are one or two things we can still do to make it even faster... you know, just in case you need to run 1500 instances instead of 1000. :o
Linda Evangelista once said :
We have this expression, Christy and I:
We don't wake up for less than 10,000 Reverbs
(in a given DAW session)
:lol:

:clown:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

In Ableton Live however, the problem persists....when the plugin GUI is opened it displays only a large white box.

Just wanted to re-post the above as it seems this version will become the release version.... but all is definitely not good on this end.

kamurah wrote:In Ableton Live however, the problem persists....when the plugin GUI is opened it displays only a large white box.

Just wanted to re-post the above as it seems this version will become the release version.... but all is definitely not good on this end.
Windows? Mac? x64? Version? etc etc

kamurah wrote:In Ableton Live however, the problem persists....when the plugin GUI is opened it displays only a large white box.

As mentioned, if anyone reports anything of any kind we will continue to investigate of course. 2.0.3 is not the last version of Breeze. But it is the official 2.0 release version as it seems to be perfect for 99.99% of users. :tu:

sqigls wrote:Breeze 2 really is a stunning piece of work bro.
You should be one proud man (two proud men?). I've pretty much abandoned 5 other verbs for this, I can't load them, I just wanna listen to the Breeze. I'd love to hear your take on the more 'vintage' vibes too, plate and spring. I mean, you've totally nailed the future, will we ever hear you through the way back machine?

Also looking forward to a new GUI for Aether... it feels phenomenally cramped after a few weeks with Breeze 2.

Thanks again, awesome stuff!!
Thanks kindly. :tu: Two person team, yes. Denis Malygin and myself. Plus some minor additional help from a contractor whom we have been trying to integrate into our development for a few years now, but mostly he has been working on other products for us that we hope to release one day. "Who did what" credits are in the manual.

Re "plate" the "hyper-plate" modes in Breeze 2 are prob about as close as we will come to doing a plate physical model. I don't claim it to be an exact physical model. It is not. That was not the goal. The goal was to make something that sounds really great and has similar psycho-acoustic properties to real plates such a extreme density, instant density buildup, dispersion, and huge decay times for bass if desired. I actually read the marketing lit for some physical plates a while back and interestingly it specifically says they were trying to minimize dispersion (that zip/zap/chirp/lazer sound some plates have), but this is sort of a characteristic sound of most real plates, so we include it and in fact probably greatly exaggerate it if you use huge sizes etc. It can be a cool effect. I suppose I could look some at spring and try something similar, but my approach would be more or less the same: extract the interesting properties from the system in question and then freely apply them in a more liberal and creative way using our current ultra-modern tech. Other companies do more exact physical models like SoundToys recent LittlePlate.

in reality though, I think physical plates and physical spring were simply the technologies of those days, and they used them to attempt to create interesting space with the best technologies they had at the time. Today we have many more methods to choose from including tons of various DSP methods.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”