Leslie for AmpliTube & T-RackS: IK collaborates with Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The official Leslie collections for AmpliTube and T-RackS

There are many rotary speaker emulations. There’s just one Leslie.

IK Multimedia and Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan, teamed up to bring you nothing but the best sounding Leslie of the entire digital world, giving you 5 legendary Leslie amps and 6 cabinets in one powerful module, that you can now use inside AmpliTube and T-RackS 5.

Learn more about AmpliTube Leslie, T-RackS Leslie, and the Leslie Collection

Available for pre-order now

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
chris.r, on another thread wrote:What is the difference between T-RackS and AmpliTube version, in practice?
They have the same features but work have the workflow of whichever program in which Leslie is run and function as part of the chain of either AmpliTube or T-RackS as other amps/cabs or processors, respectively, would run in the appropriate product.
(Also posted on IK Multimedia forum)
This is my understanding:

T-RackS Leslie:
  • -- is a single plug-in, which will run in a DAW, the T-RackS 5 program or the TR5 Suite plug-in,
    -- the GUI has with 3 panels,
    -- the first panel is for the Setup, Amp and EQ controls
    -- the second is for selection of amp (from 5) and cab (from 6) and for mic positioning,
    -- and the third is for mic mixing,
    -- the Amp controls look generic.
AmpliTube Leslie:
  • -- is 11 separate gear models: 5 Leslie Amps and 6 Leslie rotary-speaker cabinets
    -- they can only be loaded in AmpliTube (Custom Shop or Full, v4 onwards),
    -- in AT4 CS the Cab Room GUI will look and be simpler (as for other AT cabinet models),
    -- the Amp controls are on each AMP GUI, which look like the different models,
    -- pop-out panels on the Cabs show Cabinet selection, mic mixing, EQ, (and speaker and room browser?),
    -- you can (when released) download full working models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop and try them out free of charge,
    -- I presume that they can be mixed and matched with other gear models.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'm really not sure why they split the product up like this. Even as an Amplitube 4 user, I'm not sure why I wouldn't just buy the T-Racks version for the increased flexibility. Is the slight workflow improvement of having it an Amplitube 4 worth the extra $50 bucks for the combined collection? Just for the rare occasions when I want to run a guitar through a Leslie? Not when I could just as easily put the T-Racks plugin on my guitar track and get the same result. Perhaps the latency is different between the two? Now, if I were an Amplitube 4 user, it may make sense to just buy the 122 or 147 and call it a day, but at the cost of the individual modules, I still feel like T-Racks would be the way to go.

As an IK customer, I really just don't get why IK is maintaining two separate eco-systems and Custom Shops here. The smart money would be on saying "for every piece of T-Racks gear you buy, you get the same module in the Amplitube rack and vice versa." Even if that meant the AT4 versions had no oversampling due to the additional latency. It's not uncommon for a guitar signal chain to include something like an LA-2A or 1176 or API/Neve EQ and a tape sim, and I feel like it just makes sense to create the T-Racks plugins for use in the AT4 rack for that reason. It would add a ton of value to the IK foodchain IMO.

All that OT stuff aside, half of me is excited at the prospect of a be-all-end-all type of Leslie plugin and the other half of me is worried that this will only be marginally better (or just different) to what I've already got and may not be worth it. There's definitely some temptation there.

The AmpliTube version uses the AmpliTube framework which is a full end-to-end rig with amp, cab plus effects and other parts of the chain that are created as a whole and which work together / interact in complex ways due to the modeling technology that IK has created. Each portion of AmpliTube is not just a "block" that does its function without any consideration of the other parts of the AmpliTube chain and the interaction of all components in the chain are guitar/bass focused.

T-RackS functions in multiple ways that are uniquely its own, too, including the ability to have a "single" version or having its processors working in a chain inside the suite (or standalone) for mixing/mastering purposes.

You are, of course, free to get one or the other - or both in the Collection and utilize as you wish.

Also, and without the bias of working for IK, I wholeheartedly agree with those who have said this is the best virtual Leslie they've heard/used.

Peter,

Can you shed some light on this?
Original circuit and component-level modeling of the amps via IK’s acclaimed Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology
Is that using SPICE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPICE), or something similar? Or have I misunderstood?
Inspired by ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The AmpliTube version uses the AmpliTube framework which is a full end-to-end rig with amp, cab plus effects and other parts of the chain that are created as a whole and which work together / interact in complex ways due to the modeling technology that IK has created. Each portion of AmpliTube is not just a "block" that does its function without any consideration of the other parts of the AmpliTube chain and the interaction of all components in the chain are guitar/bass focused.

T-RackS functions in multiple ways that are uniquely its own, too, including the ability to have a "single" version or having its processors working in a chain inside the suite (or standalone) for mixing/mastering purposes.
Peter, in the end, if I wanted to run a guitar through a 122 simulation with nothing but the amp, cab, and microphones (i.e. the full Leslie chain), and did it both in Amplitube and T-Racks5, is there going to be a difference in the sound? Does one offer features the other doesn't? That's where I'm confused on the differences.

For instance, can I mix and match amps/cabs in the T-Racks version? Do I have access to the room microphone and different rooms of the Amplitube version? Do they have different latencies? Are there features in one missing from the other or is it mostly about the workflow/environment? More specifically, if I own both, what are the pro's and cons of owning one over the other versus getting both? A comparison chart may be helpful. Note: sorry if this sounds like IK-bashing, that's not at all my intent, I'm really trying to understand the differences to help make a decision.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Also, and without the bias of working for IK, I wholeheartedly agree with those who have said this is the best virtual Leslie they've heard/used.
I heard some clips and agree that it sounds very good. I wouldn't be here pestering you with these questions if I wasn't interested. :tu:

Will T-RackS Leslie be added to T-Racks 5 Max?

Can these be used standalone outside T-Racks or AmpliTube?

Love Leslie with guitar. A few of my favorite guitarists (Trey Anastasio, Gilmour, Steven Wilson, Warren Haynes) incorporate a real Leslie into thier guitar rig. Do they run an A/B split at the end of thier pedal chain to go into either the Leslie, main amp/cab or both, or do they run a DI signal out from amp into Leslie (and preamp) use the guitar amp to power the Leslie, or just DI into Leslie using the Leslie pre/power amp?

I'm pretty sure you can/could do all of the above. Will there be updated routing options (if applicable) and be able to disable pre/power amp in the Leslie portion?

Some guitarists just use a Leslie emulation pedal for space/touring/cost effectiveness. This does have a different sound and they do sound cool as a modulation before hitting the amp. Wondering if something like the Hughes N Kettner tube rotosphere pedal or the Neo Instruments Vent/Mini Vent is in the future too? I guess you could route the Leslie rack effect into the pedal slot, but that is old tech (still a decent effect, I used it in the rack portion for Leslie sounds a lot years ago in the Amplitube 2/3 days).

Speaking of Leslie sounds/pedals, how bout an updated version of the Univibe. Sure you could use some of your opto photocell modeling you use in the LA2A to make a more authentic Univibe, a decent emulation was seriously lacking in the plugin world (well until Audiority's new release offering a few days ago). Although the Amplitube Univibe has always sounded the best and most authentic...but you could make it sound so much better with your newer tech. Bet ya could do some better phasers too (Phase 90 with script/block switch, musitronics 3 button, phaserBi-phase, boss ph-2, a Phaser with multi stage selection and res/freq controls). Small clone chorus while we're at it.

On my wishlist already.

db3 wrote:Will T-RackS Leslie be added to T-Racks 5 Max?

yeah right :lol:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'd be interested to see a comparison with Blue3's Leslie plugin that comes with the organ. I'm leaning on getting that eventually and the separate Leslie plugin is a big plus.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Image

The official Leslie collections for AmpliTube and T-RackS

There are many rotary speaker emulations. There’s just one Leslie.

IK Multimedia and Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan, teamed up to bring you nothing but the best sounding Leslie of the entire digital world, giving you 5 legendary Leslie amps and 6 cabinets in one powerful module, that you can now use inside AmpliTube and T-RackS 5.

Learn more about AmpliTube Leslie, T-RackS Leslie, and the Leslie Collection

Available for pre-order now
I'm definitely picking this up. When exactly does the pre-order pricing end?
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

^^^^
On the day that the products are released - no indication yet.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
On the day that the products are released - no indication yet.
Correct. Per the news piece:
AmpliTube Leslie and T-RackS Leslie are expected to ship in March, 2018

Return to “Effects”