networking not-working

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Quattro is no longer communicating through crossover with my laptop. I have a cloned disc drive that works just fine, but I am not able to access the original disc, which contains some Kontakt files and patches that I worked very hard on, but did not backup before the networking issue occurred (grr...). Do any of you have any ideas of how to access files on the receptor without networking? I set up the Quattro with a separate screen/mouse and tried to save from Kontakt to an external drive connected via USB, but no luck.

There's a fair chance that your receptor has just decided to use a different dhcp address (e.g. 192.168.1.204. Or some variant). Without the correct addy your 2 devices won't know how to look for each other. Or possibly your receptor is not in crossover mode. All these setting are avail to you under the setup menu available from the front panel. Might be worth a look. The only other method I have used for file transfer is by booting the receptor into Linux from a thumb drive, which bypasses/leaves dormant the receptor OS. You can get deep root access to the drive at this level, and really mess things up good if you're not careful, so do this at your own risk.

Thanks for the ideas. I will look at the ip-I hadn't considered that it could change. The unit is definitely set for crossover mode.I am intimidated by the Linux manipulation, but since I do have backup drives, this may be an opportunity to dive into the uncharted waters.

I have loaded VSTi's through wifi. Download on Mac and drag and drop through finder. I DO have to have Muse Remote Control open first -- I think (that was just something I did robotically and never tried otherwise)... come to think of it, it's possible I just open finder while on the same network as my Receptor (dedicated). Through the router I do not have it set to crossover, obviously.
And x2 re: arbitrary address setting by the Receptor. Because of my router mine gets bumped occasionally between 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, or .4. I haven't reached .5 yet. I just have to check on the front panel to see which it's chosen should there be an issue.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I will try the Wi-Fi idea-I have tried a direct crossover connection and a network hub. Thanks!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”